Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Banned

Default Rant about flyers on my door step

Leaving my house today with my young son in my arms I almost tripped over the central Alberta life roll of flyers that was left at the bottom of my door and I'm sick and tired of people leaving flyers and after telling the young fella and his father that deliver them I no longer want any flyers thanks more than once, they still do it. If that's not enough there's a sign that says NO FLYERS THANKS on my door. I called it in to have it stopped today and this morning was the last of my patience and just one step away from a law suit against all those involved if my son was injured because of this litter. I think flyers should be left only if they ask if you want them or not. Aaarggg

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 02-27-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:53 PM

Put this on your door/mailbox. Problem solved.

I haven't received one flyer since doing so.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:36 PM

Here in Edmonton, I contacted the city office about these unwanted deliveries as my wife and I were continually finding these fliers in the shrubs, across the lawn, etc. The city informed me that these deliveries are not permitted if you do not have a mailbox outside your door or on your front lawn. Most of the kids delivering these fliers do not know about this city requirement, so best to contact the person responsible for organizing these deliveries, put a sign on your front door, and try to catch the delivery person to politely inform them you do not want their fliers and remind them about local bylaws or requirements for deliveries.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:39 PM

Worst thing is when they come loose and fly all over the place and have to chase them in the wind. Real fun activity.

If I need flyers I just look them up online.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Banned

Worst part is that it lets the criminals know your not home
Old 02-27-2016, 05:04 PM

I contacted bylaw via e-mail about the flyers being left on my steps, and lawn , and in my fence, and apparently the company that the flyer is advertising for is responsible if the flyers end up blowing all over. Apparently the company can be charged with littering. I forwarded the e-mail from bylaw to the companies responsible, and in short order there were no more flyers being left on my steps or in my fence.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Banned

If that's the worst that happens to you in this province things aren't that bad.