Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Default iScope.com - Amazing New Product

If you have a iPhone or other smart phones and are a hunter, then your going to want to get this. Just got mine a few days ago and love it. It allows you to take pictures and video through your smart phones screen. You can now film all your hunts with ease. I have a IPhone 6s and have already taken a few cool videos of deer and coyotes. Makes teaching young hunters shot placement effortless. And now you can record there first hunt and all of your hunts too come. I ran into one little bump with it, where it interfered with my bolt action but it was a simple fix they are aware of and are remedying it. I'll post some of my videos when I get them on utube. Was a little pricey because I'm impatient and ordered it from the states but I'm sure this will be in Canada soon. Cabelas has a similar product out but I tried it in store and it was crap. Very Whaley and not mounted well. I'm sure there will be products out there in the future that can do the same but for now this is the ticket. Let me know if you have one and how you like it/ don't like it.
$100 for iscope
$40 shipping
$62 exchange
But was the best $200 I've spent in a long time.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:30 AM

Some will argue that shooting wildlife, albeit not illegal, does not help the general publics opinion of hunting.

Ie: That bear hunt that went horrible wrong and was widely reported last fall. I have my opinion but will keep it to myself.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:54 AM

I made similar thing for my swaro spotter for less then $6.

Last edited by NINJABABY; 02-19-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Some will argue that shooting wildlife, albeit not illegal, does not help the general publics opinion of hunting.

Ie: That bear hunt that went horrible wrong and was widely reported last fall. I have my opinion but will keep it to myself.
wtf?

I made one for my spotter as well Ninja, 2$ pvc adapter and some two part epoxy and a old I phone 5. Done.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:42 PM

I love the cheapness of your design, and the fact that you put it on a Swaro is priceless.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmountainrider View Post
I love the cheapness of your design, and the fact that you put it on a Swaro is priceless.
Ya I totally get the home made ones. Many ppl make em but I always was a sucker for fancy toys. Mounts on pretty much any scope and only a few minutes to switch once you get the hang of it.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:14 PM

Built one similar to Ninjas, .49 cent pvc pipe cap, some two part epoxy, a drill to ream out pipe cap, and epoxy to mount to old otterbox case. Good to go, and mounts perfect to my Leupold Gold Ring spotter. Does excellent video and stills. Has really created an extension to my hunting season, now I picture hunt a lot more..
Old 02-28-2016, 09:48 PM

Here is the iscope
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (22.2 KB, 250 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 09:11 PM

How in the world are you supposed to see through that well enough to shoot? and when you do shoot you merely look at the screen on your phone from 1/4" away???
or maybe you're supposed to shoot from the hip or something...

Especially for a first hunt this seems like a terrible idea. sure, tape it but this may not be the right way to do it. Duct tape a go pro or have your hunting partner tape it using his phone.

Flanny
Old 03-01-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordevr View Post
Here is the iscope
It will work for gophers and I have done it on 22 and 17hmr but on a Center fire like your Tikka, I would not recommend it specially when you are aiming at a life animal.

They may advertise it showing that it's works but I will not risking my iPhone to such a recoil and also when you take the shot, the recoil will mess up all your shot recording.

Yes as above, have your buddy record it on his rifle scope or spotting scope.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:59 PM

Jeebus, $200? Money well spent? haha..

Go to aliexpress and search scope iphone and you can get the same thing for $23 shipped to your door.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Default Burrito Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJABABY View Post
It will work for gophers and I have done it on 22 and 17hmr but on a Center fire like your Tikka, I would not recommend it specially when you are aiming at a life animal.

They may advertise it showing that it's works but I will not risking my iPhone to such a recoil and also when you take the shot, the recoil will mess up all your shot recording.

Yes as above, have your buddy record it on his rifle scope or spotting scope.

.204 has about as much kick as a strong burrito fart. Depending on who it is this could differ for some ppl but my burrito farts hardly kick at all. Lol
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 AM

Default "Same Thing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody c View Post
Jeebus, $200? Money well spent? haha..

Go to aliexpress and search scope iphone and you can get the same thing for $23 shipped to your door.
Same idea, but not the same thing. Can't remember but Cabelas or wholesale had the "same thing" and after research and talking to store clerks it was a piece of junk.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post
How in the world are you supposed to see through that well enough to shoot? and when you do shoot you merely look at the screen on your phone from 1/4" away???
or maybe you're supposed to shoot from the hip or something...

Especially for a first hunt this seems like a terrible idea. sure, tape it but this may not be the right way to do it. Duct tape a go pro or have your hunting partner tape it using his phone.

Flanny

Possibly more difficult with bigger rifles but for my .204 it works great. I'll post video when I get a chance to try it. Tried it on a bottle at 100 and works great except the bottle didn't move with the .204 being such a hot little load, but the shot goes where ever you aim. Makes showing a child shot placement easy.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:47 PM

Coyote howling video

https://youtu.be/ExGymfaUF_U
Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 AM

I wish the Torrey Pines Logic EagleEye GS 90-100 was priced so high. That's the way to go.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Banned

I've been wanting to build/make myself one of these for my Samsung S4 Galaxy.

I think I'll start it (the project) this weekend... Gonna go measure the occular on my scope right now.