Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
SNIPER

Default Willow Valley

For those that didn't go, here is a small sample of whatwas there. I am sure others will have more pics.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
340wtby

Cool pics... Does anyone know if the open spaces pilot was addressed, at all? Or if the guest speaker could even ansewer any questions?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM

I'll post some pics in a bit. A couple of speakers did make mention of it, and until about 48 hours ago it sounds like it was news to them as well. There were some summary brochures at the show that were being handed out. Apparently they have 700 - 800 people come to the show, so it has received some new exposure.

On a side note what a great show, with some fantastic trophies.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:05 PM

Just a few pics....

One heck of a ram!! (191 and change)

Picture doesn't do it justice but quite the antelope - scored around 85 and they said 7+ inch bases.

Last edited by Duk Dog; 01-12-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM

Wow, there's some awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. Gotta get down there some day. That 191 ram is massive, get's the blood flowin!!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 PM

Thumbs up

Next year is their 60th show so they want to make it a big event and it might include a dinner in the evening after the show. Well worth attending!!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:19 PM
jrs

Looks great guys!! This is the first one i missed in a few years, i hope to be their next January for sure. Any idea where the loper was from? I'm wondering if its not the one a buddy of mine got this year as he was planning to take it in (it greened in that ball park). I was pretty pumped when i saw all the antelope pictures this year as I'm finally up for a tag next year. Thanks for taking some pics. Beautiful ram as well!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:47 PM

Was at Willow Valley today and it is always a great display of game shot in Alberta. Should be a great 60th anniversary show next year.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
For those that didn't go, here is a small sample of whatwas there. I am sure others will have more pics.

Great pics 700TI...it was one of the best years I've seen there for big heads in a lot of years. I was so busy helping sell Wildlife Trust Fund raffle tickets that I didn't get out of the booth much but it was great to put a lot of faces to names from guys on the board. Sorry I didn't get to meet you TI...maybe next year. Sounds like it will be a big show for their 60th!
Old 01-13-2008, 05:18 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
Great pics 700TI...it was one of the best years I've seen there for big heads in a lot of years. I was so busy helping sell Wildlife Trust Fund raffle tickets that I didn't get out of the booth much but it was great to put a lot of faces to names from guys on the board. Sorry I didn't get to meet you TI...maybe next year. Sounds like it will be a big show for their 60th!
????

Last edited by SNIPER; 01-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Oh humper, you met me alright. I bought a ticket from you and won a bet in the process. It was hard to keep a straight face when I knew there was a bunch of buddies watching me. Just imagine if I won. That would be the icing on the cake. Oh, by the way you weren't that busy. I saw Horst take a shift, and I am sure others did.
Huh...why was buying a ticket funny....I'd have been pleased to meet you. You should know though that you do need to be 18 to buy a ticket. Yes, Horst and Heinz did sell tickets for a couple hours and it was very much appreciated. It let us look around a bit. Sorry other than Bouhuntress that was all the help there was. Why would it be the icing on the cake if you won...I'd be thrilled and thanks for supporting the Wildlife Trust Fund 700TI......your donations to land purchases in Alberta are greatly appreciated. Really sorry you didn't introduce yourself...would have been nice to put the face to the name.

Still not sure why buying a ticket was funny but I guess maybe I'm getting too old to appreciate things like that any more....anyhow, thanks again for your support 700 and good luck!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM

Stupid question, mostly because I've worked every Saturday that Willow Valley show ends up being on. Why is that massive ram on the floor as display only. Is it not worthy of the wall?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
Stupid question, mostly because I've worked every Saturday that Willow Valley show ends up being on. Why is that massive ram on the floor as display only. Is it not worthy of the wall?

I think because he wasn't a member is why it was display only and not part of the competition for the day and he came late so they didn't have time to hang it....what an awesome ram...met the fellow that shot it.....sounded like an awesome hunt and experience.

Yes, it was most definitely worthy of the wall....LMAO
Old 01-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

Last edited by Mintaka; 12-29-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh humper, you met me alright. I bought a ticket from you and won a bet in the process. It was hard to keep a straight face when I knew there was a bunch of buddies watching me. Just imagine if I won. That would be the icing on the cake. Oh, by the way you weren't that busy. I saw Horst take a shift, and I am sure others did.
WOW.. Were you guys bored or what?

Get a life.
The name changes but the IQ never grows.

Jamie
Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Default huh

Quote:

what the heck it that all about. you should be proud to meet a guy like tj and talk to him about, well jsut about anything you wanted to bring up. very knowledgeable and hunts hard, dont know why you woudlnt introduce yourself. but anyway i guess you missed out. and whats the humper thing about.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
SNIPER

Well gun slinger, and you to Jamie (seeing as this post has so much to do with you).to quote the great humper. "please confine your comments to the thread or something we are both talking about...not something I was talking with another member about"

I don't disagree with you about his knowledge or ability. But, I don't feel I missed out at all.

Now I will edit my post so as not to cause more hard feelings. Please do the same.

Last edited by SNIPER; 01-13-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:08 PM
sheephunter

SNIPER/700TI, not sure what your issue is with me or what I ever did to wrong you but I gotta say...giggling like a bunch of school girls over buying a ticket from me and calling me names on a messageboard really doesn't show a whole lot of maturity.

I was helping sell tickets for a good cause at Willow Valley and I appreciate the fact you supported the cause and I'd be as thrilled to see you win as I would any other person that bought a ticket.......what the rest of your issue is, I haven't got a clue.

You left this board in a snit just before Christmas and blamed 209 and I for harrassing you so bad that you couldn't take it any more then you sign up a day later and start all over with the pot shots at me again. What gives? Anyhow, maybe time to let go of whatever you think I did to you and maybe start acting like an adult?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:23 PM

Just new to the board, lots of great topics, I`m sure glad i signed up!!! I was also in Pincher, Hats off to the club for a great show! It was nice that you could look but not touch alot, unlike some shows.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
SNIPER/700TI, not sure what your issue is with me or what I ever did to wrong you
This will be my last post to you sheep. If i have anything else to say, it will be a p.m...

I can't explain it better then post # 87 in the "What type of track is this thread"
Old 01-13-2008, 11:04 PM
sheephunter

Glad to hear we are getting off to a new start 700.....I look forward to our detente!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:18 AM

#87 isnt that my post.! hehehe

On a side note awesome pics of some remarkable animals..!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 AM

Default Any Good Bear?

Hey guys,

Couldn't get down there because little tyee needed some daddy-time and he is still too young to go to Willow Valley for the day...

So my question is - were there any nice bear on display - any really good scoring ones? And where from?

Thanks,

tyee43
Old 01-14-2008, 09:20 AM
sheephunter

There were definitely some great bears including one over 20" and another over 19" that a young lady shoot. Some of the best bears I've seen there!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 AM

Wow now that looks like a heck of a gathering. That looks like it was worth the drive.
Was that 191 ram the same one that we seen pics of on the tailgate of a white chevy a few months ago?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockymtnx View Post
Wow now that looks like a heck of a gathering. That looks like it was worth the drive.
Was that 191 ram the same one that we seen pics of on the tailgate of a white chevy a few months ago?

No it was a different one. It was posted on the board a week or so ago though. What an incredible ram!