Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2016, 07:32 PM

Exclamation Calgarians need to open

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...-area-evacuees

Calgarians need to open their doors as we are telling our Fort Mac brethren we have no room.
So hopefully we can find the space asap
Old 05-09-2016, 09:19 PM

Think the Syrians got most of the vacancies.

Grizz
Old 05-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...-area-evacuees

Calgarians need to open their doors as we are telling our Fort Mac brethren we have no room.
So hopefully we can find the space asap
Open their doors how? 80,000 people have been displaced. Would be nice if most of these people just went back to their province of origin, claim their insurance money and stay there.

Would definitely ease the burden on the system and make processing substantially easier. Also easier on front line responders. Have 80,000 people without homes in one area is no easy task to work around.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
Open their doors how? 80,000 people have been displaced. Would be nice if most of these people just went back to their province of origin, claim their insurance money and stay there.

Would definitely ease the burden on the system and make processing substantially easier. Also easier on front line responders. Have 80,000 people without homes in one area is no easy task to work around.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Snap out of what? This was a major disaster. Having people go back home is the best case scenario. Give your head a shake.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Snap out of what? This was a major disaster. Having people go back home is the best case scenario. Give your head a shake.
Ever think that by moving to the town, securing work, purchasing a home, maybe even started a family that they are home?
Old 05-09-2016, 10:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ever think that by moving to the town, securing work, purchasing a home, maybe even started a family that they are home?
No. I work with a lot of people from out a province, and I do mean a lot, and they all reference home as their province of origin. Most have plans to return at some point and rightfully so, that is their homeland. I think you will surprised at how many people leave and don't come back.

Relating to the disaster it would make the most sense. They have a substantially better support system back home and a cheaper standard of living. Without your emotions clouding your judgement you would see it is the most logical step to take.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
No. I work with a lot of people from out a province, and I do mean a lot, and they all reference home as their province of origin. Most have plans to return at some point and rightfully so, that is their homeland. I think you will surprised at how many people leave and don't come back.

Relating to the disaster it would make the most sense. They have a substantially better support system back home and a cheaper standard of living. Without your emotions clouding your judgement you would see it is the most logical step to take.
Is it logical for them to leave a good job and go back to struggle through life? Anyway, they are not burdening me at all. Insurances will take care of they're homes and life will go on. The donations and what not are not considered a burden either. The type of person that donates and helps out do it for a reason. It makes people feel good about themselves helping people who need it.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:14 PM

And telling people that just lost they're home that Alberta would be better off without them was one of the most classless posts ever to grace this forum. I'm done.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
And telling people that just lost they're home that Alberta would be better off without them was one of the most classless posts ever to grace this forum. I'm done.
This
Old 05-09-2016, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is it logical for them to leave a good job and go back to struggle through life? Anyway, they are not burdening me at all. Insurances will take care of they're homes and life will go on. The donations and what not are not considered a burden either. The type of person that donates and helps out do it for a reason. It makes people feel good about themselves helping people who need it.
Quote:
You literally added a bunch of things that were not said then got mad about it. Grow up
Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
don't be done, that was the most succinct, well articulated post ever to grace the pages of ao ever. bravo!
Old 05-09-2016, 10:36 PM

cant even put in words what I feel at the moment, grow up and have some class people
Old 05-09-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:

What???

I'm from the east. Alberta is home. Has been for 15 years and will continue to be. Home is where you pay your taxes! Lol.

What about all the albertans that leave to retire to BC? Should they come back "home".

Maybe one day I'll retire to PEI but according to you maybe I should leave now to free up a good job for someone who had the good fortune of being born in this province?
Old 05-09-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
don't be done, that was the most succinct, well articulated post ever to grace the pages of ao ever. bravo!
X2. The ones that wanted to go back home to their province already have or will on their own.

Every one who has moved to Alberta to work and help build this province and the rest of Canada will always be considered an Albertan to me.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:50 PM

Default Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
cant even put in words what I feel at the moment, grow up and have some class people
Couldn't have said it better! Unreal!

Morb
Old 05-09-2016, 11:02 PM

Thank you for stopping this. People from fort mac and surrounding areas really don't need to see this kind of garbage.
Until you get evacuated you will NEVER understand the trauma involved
Old 05-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Think the Syrians got most of the vacancies. Grizz
lol
Old 05-09-2016, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Think the Syrians got most of the vacancies.
Grizz
There was a bit on TV last night about how some of the Syrians are pitching in ... How about you grizz?
Old 05-10-2016, 12:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

This may be for some but not for all. Peoples circumstances are all different.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Best wishes Talking moose... the level of disregard for other people is really disappointing. I hear you.

Last edited by drhu22; 05-10-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 AM

I was so bloody angry last night hearing cema / ect telling evacuees not to come here cause we are full.
That's carp!
We can make room for more and find ways to help people.

As for the disturbing tone this thread took:

I'm personally tired of this us vs rest of Canada attitude that we get when we move to Alberta. Some Albertans seem to think they are better than everyone else and it's downright disgusting and frustrating. I've listened to it since moving here in 2002.
Now wonder so many leave after making their money. They aren't made to feel welcome.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:36 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
I was so bloody angry last night hearing cema / ect telling evacuees not to come here cause we are full.
That's carp!
We can make room for more and find ways to help people.

As for the disturbing tone this thread took:

I'm personally tired of this us vs rest of Canada attitude that we get when we move to Alberta. Some Albertans seem to think they are better than everyone else and it's downright disgusting and frustrating. I've listened to it since moving here in 2002.
Now wonder so many leave after making their money. They aren't made to feel welcome.
Not all albertans feel this way, just some, guess that is what is meant when you live in a free country, different opinions, good people will prevail just got to hurdle jump a few *******es along the way, no biggie!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-10-2016, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Each family will choose what makes sense to them.

It is not up to you to choose for them.

In the meantime, those of us living in comfort can act with compassion and provide options to those in need.

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 05-10-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:15 AM

I have room for a rv in my yard power water use of blue boy for sewer .dump station a block from house .
and we
we can share my house to in airdrie

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”