Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-27-2015, 09:26 PM

Default Kill springs on beaver snares

I have been asked by a landowner to thin out a bunch of beaver and have some 330's but also see some great snare locations and have a bunch of 3/32 wolf snares with senneker kill springs/triggers on them that I don't use anymore. I am not too concerned with pelt condition as I will use them for small projects rather than selling the pelts but not sure whether I can use the snares as is or cut the springs and locks off and go with straight locks.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daslogster View Post
I have been asked by a landowner to thin out a bunch of beaver and have some 330's but also see some great snare locations and have a bunch of 3/32 wolf snares with senneker kill springs/triggers on them that I don't use anymore. I am not too concerned with pelt condition as I will use them for small projects rather than selling the pelts but not sure whether I can use the snares as is or cut the springs and locks off and go with straight locks.
As long as they're underwater you can use a shoe lace if you have too. Kill springs won't hurt anything if you leave them in place.