Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Default Coyotes

600 coyotes left for this year...
Old 03-14-2015, 05:47 PM

please show us pictures of your put up! Pic of them on the board leather side out then fur side out. I want to see what a job guys do that do that number of them.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote skinner View Post
Lol rock star with more blowin smoke and once again O picks.please enlighten me or even more inportantly US on the forum.ha ha ha prove me wrong once again by picks or even a randone skinning session for all of us to drool over or learn by lol dont even want to get into how many beavers you got ready to go this spring after your mutts are finished lol. BRING IT SKINNER.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Banned

Is this the same skinner who was paying 60.00 for whole coyotes and skinning 500 coyotes a day? Where have you been? Always love to hear your stories.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Is this the same skinner who was paying 60.00 for whole coyotes and skinning 500 coyotes a day? Where have you been? Always love to hear your stories.

+1
Old 03-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote skinner View Post
Read your posts before. Skinning them all ought to only take you a few hours.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 PM

Lol sorry to be an over powering pri...ck skinner my buddy,but I've brought a very marginal photo session for all to see and i no you don't miss a day reading this forums posts and hiding in the weeds,but I've brought it,but surely you can post a few picks your self instead of blowin smoke for all of us doughters in disbelief.i want so bad for somebody of actual magnitude and callibure of your speaking status to truely come true for all of us to learn by it isn't even funny, with all BS aside show us what she's all about cause every body's runnin a smart phone these days is all up to you weather you want to truly share with us or just play us like fools.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret coulee View Post
i want so bad for somebody of actual magnitude and callibure of your speaking status to truely come true for all of us to learn by it isn't even funny,
This.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:22 PM

saw this thread earlier today and was hoping no one would feed the troll ..
Old 03-14-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H380 View Post
Hard not to when its the infamous coyote skinner!!!
Old 03-14-2015, 10:45 PM

A friend of mine met a couple brothers in Sk who were doing a ton of coyotes.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:13 PM

How many coyotes in a ton? 600?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
X 2 we know he's back. He gets banned and comes back after his probation. And guys still get sucked in. At least Marty had a pic to boost his incredible achievement. This fellow won't. So come on guys let all his threads die.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
AO Sponsor

How many coyotes did you put up this year? Was the Sask harvest way up?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
How many coyotes did you put up this year? Was the Sask harvest way up?
I'll have around 3100 to 3300 coyotes when I'm finished. Marty S
Old 03-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Banned

Hey Ralph! It's been a while this guy is a beast with the coyotes my friends
Old 03-15-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesilva View Post
Hey Ralph! It's been a while this guy is a beast with the coyotes my friends
Picture's would be nice,that's all we're asking for,we like pic's
Old 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
How many coyotes in a ton? 600?
I'm not certain? If I had an exact number I would have posted it. 600 coyotes isn't that many to a fur buyer.

That's a huge number of coyotes, coyote skinner!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 PM

No your right thats not that big of a # to a fur buyer,but to any individual lookin to work themselves into the ground in a short period of time between skinnin to stretched final product it a huge deal,nobody's super man and we are talking 3000+ dogs here.more of the same crap-lingo and talk from last winter.
I'm done here cause if people cant figure the math out with 1 person then please roll raight in behind me.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:37 PM

If he started in October and ran until the end of March and that was his only job 3200 would be entirely possible....be putting up like 23 a day...possible but not a lot of fun
Old 03-15-2015, 08:53 PM

takes my guy under 4 min to flesh. If u know what your doing it does not take long. I would think if the guy wants to brag a bit at least a few tricks or pictures would be nice. If it was true then a lot of guys would be pretty impressed but as of now hard to believe for the most part. I'd like to see some finished product at least
Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 PM

My guy has done close to 500 this year and he's about ready to puke when he sees a coyote ..lol . The OP must be 6 x's better .. NOT !
Old 03-16-2015, 03:31 AM

Quote:
My guy has done close to 500 this year and he's about ready to puke when he sees a coyote ..lol . The OP must be 6 x's better .. NOT !
Ya. He might be over the top. With a 3 man crew skinning for donny Saar plus all our own customers we were doing 2200 on a good year from Nov to April. We would have 50 to 70 dogs on stretchers at all time. To have 70 boarded coyotes drying you need a lot of heat, air movement and square feet. In a good evening IF all the dogs were unthawed three guys could skin 70 and flesh at least a 1/3 if there was a 24 of beer handy. Now picture an area with 70 coyotes thawing on the floor plus 70 on stretchers. Combing and turning coyotes around takes time too. Plus a person needs family time and bar time. If your skinning for a fur buyer you know that you'll skin one in 3 mins and the next one in 15 because he's blown apart. The blown apart one.takes around 15 to flesh and 15 or more to sew. There's a little more too it then posting numbers on alberta outdoors.

Last edited by coy coyote; 03-16-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:52 AM

Just following here, because I curious is all. Correct me if I'm wrong or it of line please. But even if you could theoretically do 23 coyotes a day, you would still need to physically snare, trap or shoot them, right. At 23 a day you'd need a significant supply of coyotes. One would think you would be tripping over them, no?
I have a tonne of permission locally and know there are a lot of coyotes. I shoot maybe 40 or so. So at 23 a day,wouldn't supply dry up?
Thanks,
Tullfan
Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 AM
AO Sponsor

Thanks Coyote Skinner for livening things up! We were all bored! Is that why you came out? You noticed and decided to rescue us?

A good man can skin an awful pile of coyotes in a days time, yes 3 minute coyotes are common, the odd one slows you down a couple ie: pelvis shot broken carcass, add snare around body and keep skinning 2nd half; so a 5 minute coyote instead of 3. I think the record for number of coyotes skinned in a day at Beasley's was 110, and it wasnt one of the young strong slick mennonites that managed it, it was Albert the older guy who probably had never skinned a coyote before starting work there. He decided he wanted to break the record which was 90 or so. That was skinned, nothing else. Ask Coyote Man to pipe up, he's been dealing with and watching these guys his whole life. My personal record I think was 71 I think in 6.5 hours but when I was done, three of my fingers on my left hand tingled all summer, I was custom skinning for Beasley and that was my last day. But I'm an arthritic, give me strong hands again and a new body and I'd make a point of beating Albert... oh wait, I hate custom skinning other peoples dirty filthy rotten stinking coyotes that they didn't bother taking care of. I do like working my snared coyotes.

Then fleshing... really only has to take three to five minutes.

If I was in Saskatchewan and everybody and their dog was snaring, I'd tell the idiots that like blowing coyotes apart supremely with a rifle to go away, keep the guys who shoot clean tho (dont get me wrong, there's good shooters too). That in itself helps to streamline a production business. At Beasleys there was always quite the garbage pile of coyotes that were tossed due to people blowing them up with smoking ammo.

Then there's other ways for people to streamline their operation. 23 a day? Man anybody who's anybody in a serious custom business better be able to do that or there's something wrong. You can streamline skinning,fleshing, washing, sewing, stretching... really quite simple. They were kinda cheating in the end at Beasleys cuz nothing had to be clean and they stretched, fur in, and split instead of turned because they shipped direct to the tannery. But they still skinned and fleshed great numbers in a days time.

So Coyote Skinner... qualify my claims? Take your iPhone and shoot a couple of picts, upload them to photobucket, the copy and paste the IMG code, found under the heading "Share Links"

It'll look like this except I left the last bracket off...

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user//media/11990014.jpg.html][IMG]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/j245/coy/11520014.jpg[/IMG

Please continue to amuse us, we have no coyotes to skin for another 7 months. We like pictures, we like videos too!

Last edited by Marty S; 03-16-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tullfan View Post
Just following here, because I curious is all. Correct me if I'm wrong or it of line please. But even if you could theoretically do 23 coyotes a day, you would still need to physically snare, trap or shoot them, right. At 23 a day you'd need a significant supply of coyotes. One would think you would be tripping over them, no?
I have a tonne of permission locally and know there are a lot of coyotes. I shoot maybe 40 or so. So at 23 a day,wouldn't supply dry up?
Thanks,
Tullfan
He would have to be buying whole coyotes on speculation that he could finish them and turn a profit.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM

I'm still curious to see how big a freezer it would take to keep 600 on ice ! Would probably need a reefer van , and it would be stacked Deep !!!!at least 2/3 full !

Like Coy said. Takes lots of space to thaw , board , etc ! Would like more info or some pictures to help my brain wrap around this ! I would love to see that pile of fur when it's all done !
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
takes my guy under 4 min to flesh. If u know what your doing it does not take long. I would think if the guy wants to brag a bit at least a few tricks or pictures would be nice. If it was true then a lot of guys would be pretty impressed but as of now hard to believe for the most part. I'd like to see some finished product at least
Okay derail time!! 4 minutes to flesh a dog?! Sheesh...I wish!! I'll bet I am closer to 20-30 minutes!! Yes I am a rookie and getting faster but I can't imagine doing them that quick! At least I am not putting in a dozen holes in each one like I did when I started! Cause sewing time alone was probably 20-30 minutes! haha
Would be great to see the set up (pic?? ) and the type of knife used in the process!
Old 03-18-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwkirby View Post
Okay derail time!! 4 minutes to flesh a dog?! Sheesh...I wish!! I'll bet I am closer to 20-30 minutes!! Yes I am a rookie and getting faster but I can't imagine doing them that quick! At least I am not putting in a dozen holes in each one like I did when I started! Cause sewing time alone was probably 20-30 minutes! haha
Would be great to see the set up (pic?? ) and the type of knife used in the process!
Your kidding right? 20 mins. I'm sure the guys that do Nubes coyotes use an old upright fence post with a flesher. Heres a pic of what most guys that I know of use. This is a spare with my homemade fleshing knife. Just slip the coyote over the post like a sock and put one eye thru the leg screw on top. The post spins round with a push of your knee and you just start from the head and pull the knife down and angled back towards yourself. In one stoke you can take a 1 1/2 wide strip of fat half ways down. Once I'm at the middle section I sit down on a chair and finish. Most coyotes are nice and snug on this post. There's a V bracket mounted to the wall to keep the post from going sideways and a groove in the floor to keep it spinning nice and straight. Staple some plastic on the wall in back of the post and let the fat and blood fly.