Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 03:13 PM

Default Tenkara rod suggestions

I’m looking for recommendations for my first tenkara rod. I’m interested in getting into it.

Thanks

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_mcrane View Post
I’m looking for recommendations for my first tenkara rod. I’m interested in getting into it.

Thanks

John

There's a website called TenkaraBum guys name is Chris Stewart. Google it. I was one of his first Canadian customers when he opened up shop way back. Before that I dealt with Daniel Guardo . May have last name wrong spelling. He originally brought Tenkara to US or at least made it fairly big. His website is Tenkara USA. These two originally friends had a difference of opinion with Daniel wanting to keep it very Japanese in fact he even speaks Japanese and is married to a Japanese women. So you get alot of stuff about how to drink tea proper etc. Chris is down to earth type you will like him. If you want to talk more about my personal experience with Tenkara PM me so we dont bore everyone on here. Ill give you my proes and cons I came up with after 2-3 years using it. It got me into standard fly fishing actually very late in my fishing life.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:11 PM

Hi John. I have been into Tenkara for a couple years. Let me know your general budget and I can give you a few ideas.
Jason