Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So now it's down to a phone call. Well let them call, having owned a couple hundred firearms over the years, I may even remember owning the firearm they are asking about. Then again, I may not.
What exactly do you think they want to do with the information from the old registry? Make friends with fellow gun owners?

The phone call is not an issue as long as you have the answers they want to hear. If you think that the police calling someone and harassing them over person property is okay then you are part of the problem.

It is no one's business but mine what personal property I have or had in the past. That is why we fought to have the registry ended.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
What exactly do you think they want to do with the information from the old registry? Make friends with fellow gun owners?

The phone call is not an issue as long as you have the answers they want to hear. If you think that the police calling someone and harassing them over person property is okay then you are part of the problem.

It is no one's business but mine what personal property I have or had in the past. That is why we fought to have the registry ended.
As I stated, I may or may not remember owning the firearm they are asking about, and the way that they ask will be a huge factor as to what I remember. I will definitely be inquiring with Mr Scheer as to what he intends to do if he is elected, about the data base that was ordered destroyed , and how he intends to deal with the people that didn't destroy the data base , when they were ordered to destroy it. Whether they are government officials, or RCMP , traitors that ignore the government's orders need to be dealt with harshly.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 PM

Liberals have said this week legislation against sniper rifles . Wtf defines a sniper rifle. You going to have a test to see if a gun shoots well and then sieze it . Crazy
Old 03-25-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Liberals have said this week legislation against sniper rifles . Wtf defines a sniper rifle. You going to have a test to see if a gun shoots well and then sieze it . Crazy
A sniper rifle would be a rifle built to be used by military or police snipers, but rest assured, just like the media refers to any rifle that appears to look like an assault rifle , as an assault rifle, any scoped rifle rhat looks tactical will be referred to as a sniper rifle. That will get stretched to include any bolt action hunting rifle with a scope. Once the bans start, they will be expanded over time until all firearms are banned.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
A sniper rifle would be a rifle built to be used by military or police snipers, but rest assured, just like the media refers to any rifle that appears to look like an assault rifle , as an assault rifle, any scoped rifle rhat looks tactical will be referred to as a sniper rifle. That will get stretched to include any bolt action hunting rifle with a scope. Once the bans start, they will be expanded over time until all firearms are banned.
Not much "building" going on. I'd guess that 90% of them were out of the box 700 with a bead blasted finish, black stock, and heavy 20" barrel in .308.

Remington does (or did?) make a "Police" with long barrel, parkerized finish, better stock and bedding and the 40x trigger.

Probably most of the guns don't even have adjustable stocks, and I highly doubt anyone wants the liability of doing trigger work on something like that. If anyone has contrary information, though, I'd like to hear it.

No accurizing is needed. Similar to hunting, the average distance is around 50 yards, and the vast majority of shots are under 100. Despite what movies show.

In short, a great deal of us have a rifle just like that at home. At this point, maybe some strict new restrictions on their favourite deer or target rifle might shake some Fudds up.

While we're at it, because we hear about how we should shut up about our hunting practices near daily on here; maybe we should not tell about our "long distance" shots. Sarcasm, by the way.

This was a long time coming, and a dark, angry part of me hopes that gun owners who voted in the selfie stick, really feel it.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Not much "building" going on. I'd guess that 90% of them were out of the box 700 with a bead blasted finish, black stock, and heavy 20" barrel in .308.

Remington does (or did?) make a "Police" with long barrel, parkerized finish, better stock and bedding and the 40x trigger.

Probably most of the guns don't even have adjustable stocks, and I highly doubt anyone wants the liability of doing trigger work on something like that. If anyone has contrary information, though, I'd like to hear it.

No accurizing is needed. Similar to hunting, the average distance is around 50 yards, and the vast majority of shots are under 100. Despite what movies show.

In short, a great deal of us have a rifle just like that at home. At this point, maybe some strict new restrictions on their favourite deer or target rifle might shake some Fudds up.

While we're at it, because we hear about how we should shut up about our hunting practices near daily on here; maybe we should not tell about our "long distance" shots. Sarcasm, by the way.

This was a long time coming, and a dark, angry part of me hopes that gun owners who voted in the selfie stick, really feel it.
By being "built", I mean built whether by a gunsmith, or by a large manufacturer. And anything that looks tactical will be the first ones that the antis go after, features like brakes or large scopes with turrets, will draw extra attention from the antis. But once the tactical looking rifles are gone, the bolt action hunting rifles will be next.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM

I'm thinking they are talking about those scary 50 BMG's that kill out to 3 miles and shoot through brick walls and cars.
Or those 303 Lee Enfields used in 1000 yard competition
Or any firearm that shoots over a 100 yards.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
By being "built", I mean built whether by a gunsmith, or by a large manufacturer. And anything that looks tactical will be the first ones that the antis go after, features like brakes or large scopes with turrets, will draw extra attention from the antis. But once the tactical looking rifles are gone, the bolt action hunting rifles will be next.
Yeah, probably the scary cheek piece that goes up, facilitating long range death missions will be up there at the top.

Maybe a weight restriction, or recoil pads will be up there too, because we don't want anyone to be able to get prone and snipe for long periods just like I watched in that Mark Wahl.... I mean for public safety.

Pureblood!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I'm thinking they are talking about those scary 50 BMG's that kill out to 3 miles and shoot through brick walls and cars.
Or those 303 Lee Enfields used in 1000 yard competition
Or any firearm that shoots over a 100 yards.
Been saying that for years. It's hard being this far ahead...

They will find a reason to ban anything, no matter how nonsensical it sounds. That's the beauty of having illogical hoplophobes in office. Heat shields are scary because it lets you run a pump action shotgun past the point where it'll burn your hand.

I wish I had the imagination to make all this stupid crap up.

Pureblood!