Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Default Beauty bully today

Went for a hike to one of the holes that has produced some big fish for me before on the atha b. got lots of rainbows and this guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (51.4 KB, 501 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 PM

Another pic. Got it all from casting out to releasing it all on my video camera just got to get it on my lab top then here. Along with some rainbows as well. They were all desent size and are starting to run up the river.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.8 KB, 349 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 PM

A real beauty bully for sure, way to be!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:15 PM

Nice!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM

Nice congrats
Old 05-09-2014, 02:39 PM

That's a real nice bull, well done
Old 05-09-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
Looks like another cloud is floating by......keep going!
Well said.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 PM

Default Police?

Maybe the guy will learn how to release a fish the proper way and the fish will live for others to catch. Thats a horrible way to release a fish gawd.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Banned

Nice fishn Feddy
Don't let the clouds rain on your parade.

Keep on fishng and hopefully post more good fishng pics Feddy.

Last edited by Pixel Shooter; 05-09-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 PM

forum rules are very clear. If one feels there is an important topic to discuss, take it to your own thread, no need to derail. we have few people as it is that post pics, not hard to understand why......

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=191020
Old 05-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

Nice Pictures Feddy.

They are really nice.

Please keep posting the pictures
Feddy.

Thank you again for the posting the pictures Feddy.

P.M. sent.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:44 AM

some tips on respectfully photographing our resource.

http://www.ginkandgasoline.com/fly-f...-fishing-solo/
Old 05-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploits View Post
Maybe the guy will learn how to release a fish the proper way and the fish will live for others to catch. Thats a horrible way to release a fish gawd.
Show of hands, who was waiting for this?....nvm
Nice fish!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:30 AM

Beauty. way to go!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Thanx all and the fish I catch always go back fine and have not seen one die. Even if I could keep them they always go back as I hate to eat anything out of the water. Anything! I don't like the smell the slime just the rush of having one on an going for a big one. They all go back to catch again for another day to catch when they are bigger. Here's a nice rainbow I got last night same hole. Got another smaller bull too good fight with both of them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.2 KB, 190 views)
Old 05-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploits View Post
I think you underestimate the resiliency of fish. If every "poorly handled fish" died, they'd be floating all over the place. Just enjoy the photos.

Nice fish Feddy. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Old 05-10-2014, 02:45 PM

Exploits can have a time out..........thanks for pointing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
I think you underestimate the resiliency of fish. If every "poorly handled fish" died, they'd be floating all over the place. Just enjoy the photos.

Cheers
Old 05-11-2014, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Exploits can have a time out..........thanks for pointing out
He may not have made his point very gracefully but he's still right.
'Derail' is subjective, the fact is that the OP may have the best intentions but there is plenty of opportunity there to improve his fish handling.

What is the forum for if not a place for outdoorsmen to improve their knowledge?

http://www.coloradomountainfishing.c...thandling.html
Old 05-11-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
'Derail' is subjective, the fact is that the OP may have the best intentions but there is plenty of opportunity there to improve his fish handling.

What is the forum for if not a place for outdoorsmen to improve their knowledge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzsWxPLIOo
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post

I'm for proper education, but calling him out on a thread he created to show a picture is the exact description of 'derailed'. The thread is about the fish he caught, not inquiring if he's handling it correctly.

Either start a new thread, or PM him, nicely, to get your education across. Calling people out in front of other people always gets the fur ruffled.

Cheers
Old 05-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Grats .. damn i am in Europe ..lmao

very nice pic's

Thanks for sharing

David
Old 05-11-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:

Cheers
Not all fish float as soon as they die some sink and will not surface till gases build up. If something feeds on the puncturing the body cavity before this happens they never float to the surface.

I do agree some fish survive crazy injuries but I know for a fact some die from just a little rough handling as well. Unfortunately you can't tell which fish can handle abuse and which ones cannot.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm for proper education, but calling him out on a thread he created to show a picture is the exact description of 'derailed'. The thread is about the fish he caught, not inquiring if he's handling it correctly.

Either start a new thread, or PM him, nicely, to get your education across. Calling people out in front of other people always gets the fur ruffled.

Cheers
Maybe so,but calling people out serves to educate and discourage hundreds of others from posting unacceptable pics,vs. a PM to a single poster.Hopefully others will clue in that this is NOT the way to treat fish that are to be released,and we won't have to repeat this discussion over and over as is the case at present.
The OP states he has never "seen" a fish die,doesn't mean that they did not in fact die hours later from stress,or lactic acid build-up rendering them virtually paralyzed with muscle cramps,or judging by the way he allows them to thrash about on the rocks removing their protective slime,days or even weeks later from infection.
One of the flyfishing forums that I frequent actually forbids hero shots of fish that are to be released,and only permits photos of obviously dead fish destined for the table.Not saying we need to go to that extreme here,but it does demonstrate how the angling community is changing,and stresses proper C&R and fish handling skills.At the very least,if one must post hero shot selfies,at least take the time to educate yourself on proper techniques and acceptable photos.
Not trying to flame the OP here nor be a D about it,jest sayn',there's ALOT more members of this and other forums that could stand to receive some C&R 101 education,and the mods here would better serve the community by discouraging and deleting photos of fish displayed in an unacceptable manner,rather then deleting posts and giving people "time outs" when they merely voice what needs to be said.Then you have others whining to "please post more" and comments like "it's no wonder people don't post pics"......really??Thx anyway,but imho,we can do without such pics displaying unacceptable fish handling.
BTW Feddy...beautiful fishes,terrible pics.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Cheers
your right, this thread is way more important than proper fish handling skills.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:34 PM

Wow all I got to say is then maybe we shoulnmdnt fish period then. Is it proper to hook then then stress then out in the first place before the handling? Didn't think so. And yes thanks for pointing out I did not ask that to begin with. More pics coming soon for all as I want to see your catches otherwise i bet 90 percent of the people would not be on this forum because we would all just be writing stories with no actual proof. You know the one that got away or the monster caught. With no pictures I wouldn't even be on here to tell the truth.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Maybe so,but calling people out serves to educate and discourage hundreds of others from posting unacceptable pics,vs. a PM to a single poster.Hopefully others will clue in that this is NOT the way to treat fish that are to be released,and we won't have to repeat this discussion over and over as is the case at present.
The OP states he has never "seen" a fish die,doesn't mean that they did not in fact die hours later from stress,or lactic acid build-up rendering them virtually paralyzed with muscle cramps,or judging by the way he allows them to thrash about on the rocks removing their protective slime,days or even weeks later from infection.
One of the flyfishing forums that I frequent actually forbids hero shots of fish that are to be released,and only permits photos of obviously dead fish destined for the table.Not saying we need to go to that extreme here,but it does demonstrate how the angling community is changing,and stresses proper C&R and fish handling skills.At the very least,if one must post hero shot selfies,at least take the time to educate yourself on proper techniques and acceptable photos.
Not trying to flame the OP here nor be a D about it,jest sayn',there's ALOT more members of this and other forums that could stand to receive some C&R 101 education,and the mods here would better serve the community by discouraging and deleting photos of fish displayed in an unacceptable manner,rather then deleting posts and giving people "time outs" when they merely voice what needs to be said.Then you have others whining to "please post more" and comments like "it's no wonder people don't post pics"......really??Thx anyway,but imho,we can do without such pics displaying unacceptable fish handling.
I'll second this, nicely said!

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-12-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddy View Post
Wow all I got to say is then maybe we shoulnmdnt fish period then. Is it proper to hook then then stress then out in the first place before the handling? Didn't think so. And yes thanks for pointing out I did not ask that to begin with. More pics coming soon for all as I want to see your catches otherwise i bet 90 percent of the people would not be on this forum because we would all just be writing stories with no actual proof. You know the one that got away or the monster caught. With no pictures I wouldn't even be on here to tell the truth.
Keep posting pics feddy, you can't please the jealous ones, I for one appreciate the pics.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 AM

NICE. Very lucky!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:28 AM

X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post

-Confucius
Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
X3
X4
Closed Thread