Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-12-2020, 09:05 AM

Default Tobin 2020

Well here we are, spring has arrived and the ice is beginning to come off the lakes. As per yearly tradition, my cousin and I will be headed up to Tobin Lake for some walleye the first week of June. I have become fairly associated with the lake over the last few years and feel I know much more now then when I first tried fishing it and have had much more success. I write this thread however, as my cousin does not fish much, in fact this yearly trip is about the only time he does get out, but he really enjoys it and the last few trips although we have done well, I cant help but feel a bit responsible for his success or failures in the boat when it comes to catching fish. It's a big trip as we go for 7 days and this year I really want him to have a good time and catch as many fish as he can. I always let him use my gear and his equipment is more than adequate. If anyone has any additional tips or tricks or areas worth checking out on that big body of water pleas chime in and let me know. All is appreciated and I will post pics of any fish caught using said tips etc. Much obliged gents - Happy fishing.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:05 AM

Ok great....i'll go F*@k myself lol
Old 05-13-2020, 10:20 AM

LOL..doesnt look like your getting much help on here LF. I am not sure if this will be of any help as we were there in October, and the fish may not have moved this far into the lake yet, but we had the best day of walleye fishing I have probably ever had fishing the far north end, on the north shore just before the lake opens up into the big open expanse. You should see bluffs along there. We used bottom bouncers and lost alot of gear but it was well worth it. (Lots of snags, jigging might have been better). We used a heavy main line so we would only lose our spinners and not the bottom bouncer. Might be worth a try if your there for a whole week. As you know, the river is the go to spot in the spring but can be kinda busy. We were almost the only ones fishing the north end. Hope that helps and good luck!!

Chris
Old 05-13-2020, 10:52 AM

PM sent - good luck with the trip - should be fun. Post some pictures.