Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2015, 11:42 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss, I have had dogs my whole life and when you lose one it's never easy. It takes a while to get over it.

I saw this photo posted and the words were " what you will see on your way to heaven" I'm sure all of us dog lovers will see something similar on our journey to the afterlife.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:44 PM

So sorry for your loss...

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB
Old 12-21-2015, 12:44 AM

Sorry to hear buddy.
Looked like one happy dog she* was treated right

Last edited by fishingallday; 12-21-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Banned

She looks like a sweety!
I hope youre little one is taking it ok...
Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman View Post
I'm really sorry for your loss, I have had dogs my whole life and when you lose one it's never easy. It takes a while to get over it.
I saw this photo posted and the words were " what you will see on your way to heaven" I'm sure all of us dog lovers will see something similar on our journey to the afterlife.
That is such a cool picture.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:49 AM

So sorry for your loss my friend. They are family these little critters, hurts as much as losing a brother. Time will heal the wound in your heart but she will remain with you forever. You will know when the time is right to bring another friend into your family, until then cherish the memories. Don't feel guilty as you had no idea she was sick, like anyone we love better to go quick and silent than to suffer for a long time. Such a beautiful pup, the world is a sadder place.
PG
Old 12-21-2015, 05:19 AM

^^^^
Sorry for your loss.

Dodger.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:18 AM

Troutbug, sorry for your loss man. It's never easy to loose your best pal. I've been through it. My old boy was my shadow wherever I went. You never stop missing them, but with time it will get easier.

Hang onto the good memories. (this is the easy part)
Don't let the guilt eat away at you. (this is the hard part)
It's OK to cry as much as you need to. (grown men are allowed to cry over this one, it's in the rule book)

Hang in there, and focus on the good times.
Old 12-21-2015, 06:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Sorry to hear, remember the time spent as it was precious.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-21-2015, 07:37 AM
Banned

There're a lot of rescue dogs out there that could use a good person like you in their lives.
Old 12-21-2015, 07:39 AM

Sad to be reading this news Troutbug...very sorry for your loss of such a fine looking animal and best friend, it is definitely tough to have to go through this, but in time you will find another little companion...in time.
Sadly
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-21-2015, 07:40 AM

Default Rip

I'm sorry for your loss but there are many good dogs in heaven.
We live longer than they do and she didn't suffer and that is a real blessing.

In time you will get a new puppy but you will always remember her with love.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:10 AM

Take solace in your memories. The pictures tell a story on the life she had. Our condolences.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:59 AM

Looks like she was an awesome dog. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, its never easy, but time will help. I lost a beautiful part of my life a couple years ago, still hurts but I take comfort in knowing I gave her the best life I could. Her name was Tundra, I buried her ashes under a big pine at one of our favourite camping places and visit whenever I'm out there. Some friends sent me this link at the time.
https://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Old 12-21-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Went to let my old girl inside 2 nights ago and found her passed away outside. She was 12 but showed no signs of health issues and was doing very well for her age. Looks like her bowels let loose after she layed down and passed and there was alot of blood in it. I found her in a spot that she never lied in either. I called her and she did not come, I looked in her house and for a minuite thought she was let out or stolen. I looked between the stairs and the fence and there she was. Hardest thing ever, cant get that image out of my head. She will be cremated.

How did you oet owners cope with this? I cant be in the house, its to hard. She has her spots all over, the back yard is so empty. I have no one to walk with, relax with, go for drives with. I never realized how much my life revolved around her until now. She came with me everywhere. She protected our family and showed nothing but love for us. I feel so guilty that she passed outside, alone. If I could id pack up and move as I cannot get away from looking for her outside. I have caught myself going to the back door to let her in, to feed her wetc. I donated everything of hers to the SPCA and thought not seeing her empty house would help. It didnt.

I have had her since I was 16, she has been through alot with me. How have you dealt with such a thing. How long before you got another dog. I cant do anything as she was always with me, now I feel alone, I lost my best friend

sorry to see they are just like kids all the best
Old 12-21-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
So sorry for your loss my friend. They are family these little critters, hurts as much as losing a brother. Time will heal the wound in your heart but she will remain with you forever. You will know when the time is right to bring another friend into your family, until then cherish the memories. Don't feel guilty as you had no idea she was sick, like anyone we love better to go quick and silent than to suffer for a long time. Such a beautiful pup, the world is a sadder place.
PG
^^^ Very well put. Sorry for your loss.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-21-2015, 01:30 PM

Our condolences from one pet family to another.

~Trap
Old 12-21-2015, 01:31 PM

Sorry for your loss....
Old 12-21-2015, 03:00 PM

Had to put my old Lab down 3 weeks ago, really, really hard. My deepest sympathies to you family on the loss of such a good friend. Regards David Henry.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:09 PM

Very sorry for your loss... Cry, have a few drinks, cry again... Then go and get another dog!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my girl in 2001 and waited 12 years before I got another dog.... What a mistake!!! Don't wait, the new puppy will bring you and your family even more joy. DO IT!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM

Sorry for your loss.

When you're ready get another, and remember the good times with her, while you make new memories with another.

BW
Old 12-21-2015, 05:07 PM

Really sorry for your loss Troutbug. I feel your pain, my best bud got sick this past February and I held him as they put him to sleep. Absolutely a crushing loss, I bawled for a couple days and not ashamed to say it. My little girl was really torn up as well, and she and my wife had to have another dog almost right away to help them get through it. He's been a good little guy for the family too, but he wasn't 'my dog'. I did finally feel ok about getting a new buddy after a half year, and now my new pup Rosco (min schnauzer) has really helped me. I still miss my buddy Mojo, but the ache is bearable now, and I can deal with putting him to sleep as he was in pain and needed to be free. Anyway, it's going to be a hard go for you, but my only advice is get another dog when you feel like you can, they do help, and pretty soon you'll have a new buddy to do all those things with you again. Hang in there. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-21-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss. We put my best friend down a few years ago. Was with us from the start of our family, he actually was the start of it. It does get easier, but never goes away. My kids were actually crying about it 20 minutes ago. We got another dog about 6 months later. Definitely made things a little easier on everyone. I was going to suggest a shadow box, but you donated her stuff. If you have pictures maybe do a collage? I still tear up and I'm willing to admit it. You guys will be ok in time, I promise.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Noble View Post
I'm very sorry for your loss. We put my best friend down a few years ago. Was with us from the start of our family, he actually was the start of it. It does get easier, but never goes away. My kids were actually crying about it 20 minutes ago. We got another dog about 6 months later. Definitely made things a little easier on everyone. I was going to suggest a shadow box, but you donated her stuff. If you have pictures maybe do a collage? I still tear up and I'm willing to admit it. You guys will be ok in time, I promise.
This... I lost my furry soul mate in 2007 due to poisoning someone left outside, she was only 4. It does get easier, but if I ever need a cry, i'll look up the old forum threads about her when she was sick. Have a large pic of her, some of her hair and her collar still, keep meaning to get a frame and put it up.

It's never easy, I feel for you.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:49 PM

Don't beat yourself over things that you can't change. You gave her the best life you could. Cherish the memories, take time to morn and be happy you had her.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear. It's never easy losing a pet. I have 2 dogs, a cat, and 3 parrots! I will be hit the hardest when the parrots go, but they will outlive all the other animals in the house. I'll be a wreck when one of them passes 😭
Old 12-21-2015, 09:36 PM

Default Cherish the time you had

It's the sucky part about loving our pets so much.... Their time with us always seems way too short. Be proud of the great life you gave your beloved pet. Cherish the memories of the times you had......once the wound doesn't sting sooo much start looking for your next buddy. He's out there and you owe it to yourself to fill that void now created. 🐶🐕
Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 PM

Thanks everyone, I new alot of you have been through the same situation

I would definitley look at a rescue as long as it is not to old. This void has to be filled I think. Im fine if I go out of the house but as soon as im home the tears flow and the pain hits. I keep going to the back door hoping she is there.

At one point I swear I heard her collar rattle but than I realised it was not possible. But that sound, was dead on to what hers sounded like.

Man, bad time of year for this to, trying to keep a smile on for the holidays but it is tough

My daughter goes to feed her still and realizes we do not have a dog anymore. She is pretty strong for a 6 year old, I can say that much
Old 12-21-2015, 11:37 PM

Oh man, that is bad news. We have owned dogs for what seems like forever...we still have 5. A pup will go a long ways towards healing that crack in your heart, in my experience.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:57 AM

So sorry for your loss Troutbug. Always hard to lose such a loyal friend.

I swear i used to see my old Olly in his dog house after he passed.

I lasted about 2 weeks and was looking at the SPCA and had a new addition within a month.

Hope your Christmas & New Year are the best they can be.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend