Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nait Hadya View Post
I have already been there, neither you or any other horse huggers were.
LoL your comments just get better and better. To worried to show everybody the truth with me on camera? I understand. I would be to if I knew I could show nothing.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepguide View Post
So tell me Dale what private land did you shoot said horse on as well as trap the rest?
A second bump for ya incase you missed it a second time Dale!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauna View Post
lmao ..i have been out west , yaha tinda , seen the chit and disaster (today) . You cannot drive a road without it..you and sheep guy friends maybe ..get a grip and go LOOK ....if i show pics of horsey doing bad can we get rid of them ?
Then show what you have seen don't just say your been there and seen it, like it is all over no pics didn't happen just a fairy tale.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have already been there, neither you or any other horse huggers were.
More stories and fairy tales with out the proof...........
Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like I said show me the proof. Like I offered any day I'll go out and video you showing the proof of what horses are doing!! You cocky enough to put up. I doubt it.

And again the Ya Ha is the largest elk population drop in Alberta and I'll guarantee none of you can prove one bit that horse numbers had a thing to do with it but I'll take the time to go look with you. But again not one of you will especially you !! Big talker but a man of little action Im guessing.
But even you talking doesn't contribute or even show your stance. Maybe try adding something valuable to the thread with your vast knowledge of the subject!! Show us your reasoning other than the slurred comments you have posted so far.

Now back to the topIc!!!
yaha tinda largest elk drop ..well u finally got ONE thing correct..DARCY what;s so hard ????? do u drink alot
Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by new LT View Post
Then show what you have seen don't just say your been there and seen it, like it is all over no pics didn't happen just a fairy tale.
and if i do can we all get rid of them ...or argue why they should stay ..same HS
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
yaha tinda largest elk drop ..well u finally got ONE thing correct..DARCY what;s so hard ????? do u drink alot
If you had of read the posts you would have seen that sheepguide had already posted the large drop in Elk in YA HA .So why don't you prove it is because of the horses...........OH YA you can't ENOUGH SAID.........
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
LoL your comments just get better and better. To worried to show everybody the truth with me on camera? I understand. I would be to if I knew I could show nothing.
truth lol... I might have some pictures of your infamous breakdown on ranger creek....
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
and if i do can we all get rid of them ...or argue why they should stay ..same HS
But you can't other wise you would have by now instead of just repeating the same garbage ..........nice try.......
Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
truth lol... I might have some pictures of your infamous breakdown on ranger creek....
AHHH there it is the famous i can't win so i will personally attack you another piece of garbage.....
Old 06-01-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new LT View Post
From what those pics showed there were healthy elk there was a fair amount of crap so the Elk that were there were apparently eating well. I did not say there was a large population I said they were healthy there is a diffrence.
There was a large population of elk here, Aberta's largest, and now it is down by 90%. Predation is a cause, as well the Range horses wintering at Ya Ha were believed by National Parks to be competing with the elk for a finite resource in the winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
Perhaps horses are able to survive a harsh winter bettet than elk......would that not expkain the elk decline?..... Ive seen deer numbers drop by 80% over the course of a couple winters... Why blame what you dont know?
Why defend something when you don't know? This goes both ways.

As an unbiased perspective would realize, inter-species competition is not a simple relationship. Definately not something that can be proven with a just a few pictures.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Banned

Wow

Closet anti's are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Feral is feral.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:52 PM

Man this feral horse s**t is getting old. Sheepguide, isn't this the topic you got punted for last time and your still trying to get everyone to believe they are some relative of the old prehistoric little nag that got wiped out hundreds of thousands of years ago. They are run-away horses. No different than pigs, carp except more , well horse s***.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=walking buffalo;1988494]There was a large population of elk here, Aberta's largest, and now it is down by 90%. Predation is a cause, as well the Range horses wintering at Ya Ha were believed by National Parks to be competing with the elk for a finite resource in the winter months.

Still waiting for that proof..............
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Man this feral horse s**t is getting old. Sheepguide, isn't this the topic you got punted for last time and your still trying to get everyone to believe they are some relative of the old prehistoric little nag that got wiped out hundreds of thousands of years ago. They are run-away horses. No different than pigs, carp except more , well horse s***.
Glad you could add your insight to the thread what was it now .......OH YA ..horse crap
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM

We should have a poll on this. Me thinks it would show what the majority of the people here would want, with a lot less arguing.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Wow

Closet anti's are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Feral is feral.
Well look who"s back old I got no proof i just wish people would believe me
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DownloadedFile.jpeg (8.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-01-2013, 11:18 PM

This is getting old real quick. walking a fine line here gents
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6tmile View Post
We should have a poll on this. Me thinks it would show what the majority of the people here would want, with a lot less arguing.
I think if the anti horse put up some proof so the people had something to compare to it would be a decent poll.. just don't let BEE GUY set it up we seen what he thought good test results were.......
Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
There was a large population of elk here, Aberta's largest, and now it is down by 90%. Predation is a cause, as well the Range horses wintering at Ya Ha were believed by National Parks to be competing with the elk for a finite resource in the winter months.

Why defend something when you don't know? This goes both ways.

As an unbiased perspective would realize, inter-species competition is not a simple relationship. Definately not something that can be proven with a just a few pictures.
Hence i said perhaps..... Looking at all the options on the cause of elk decline... Im not cosed minded and stubborn....not everyone is like yourself and have the 100% i am right answer.... Know what i am sayin?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:08 AM

Interesting part of this argument is the anti horse guys talking about emotions keeping the horses there and clouding judgement. Well, a lot of you guys have some obviously strong emotions too. Is your judgement being clouded?

A common theme I'm getting is our elk herds are declining you're jumping on the easiest scapegoat you can find.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Interesting part of this argument is the anti horse guys talking about emotions keeping the horses there and clouding judgement. Well, a lot of you guys have some obviously strong emotions too. Is your judgement being clouded?

A common theme I'm getting is our elk herds are declining you're jumping on the easiest scapegoat you can find.
Exactly... Look at all the options..... Was there recent harsh winters? Do horses handle harsh winters better than elk? Surge in predetors? Do preds leave horses be for the most part?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya the pictures I took and posted! LoL here is the Link.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=79823

Just wondering how that contributes to the thread or shows horse issues but thanks for bringing it up. Was a nice day in the mountains.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhunter51 View Post
Yes it is actually. Was booted for name calling and being ignorant. I do beleive I've kept my cool and documented my thoughts pretty good. I have offered a bunch for people to come out and show their side and show to me and others the damage rhey harp on here is out there and why they feel horses should be removed.

I've offered to cover the fuel money and everything and not one nay sayer will accept and to me that shows the lack of confidence in their own ideas. I'm willing to listen and even change my opinions but I need to see the proof and not one of tbem can or will show anything. We are all just supposed to take their word for it!!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Been saying it the whole time bud. Glad you got past some big words and caught up. Yes it's been a huge drop with no answer as to why. All I've been showing is the use of horses to blame at the Ya Ha is a joke.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Been saying it the whole time bud. Glad you got past some big words and caught up. Yes it's been a huge drop with no answer as to why. All I've been showing is the use of horses to blame at the Ya Ha is a joke.
So what is the cause? It's complicated. Could horses be a factor? It's complicated.

Are these animals native to these areas? Nope. Have they been there for a long time? Sure. In the numbers that are out there now? Nope. Could there be a disease issue and not a direct feed issue? It's complicated.

Conclusions. It's complicated. No simple answers, and definitely something that needs to be researched.

My opinion is horse have a place, and that place is behind a fence.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
For one the words they believed is the key there. When you can walk basically the whole area and see no horse sign other than the actual fenced parks area it's pretty easy to tell its not horses. And very easy to see that if there is a free range horse competition for feed it's so minuscule that it's impossible to blame on the herd reduction.
I also can't see parks blaming any horses when they run thier own
Horses on a confined area there and blaming horses on wildlife issues could result in them also being blamed. Parks Canada causes the most habitat loss at the Ya Ha!

You can't blame something on something that isn't there!

Last edited by sheepguide; 06-02-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
So what is the cause? It's complicated. Could horses be a factor? It's complicated.

Are these animals native to these areas? Nope. Have they been there for a long time? Sure. In the numbers that are out there now? Nope. Could there be a disease issue and not a direct feed issue? It's complicated.

Conclusions. It's complicated. No simple answers, and definitely something that needs to be researched.

My opinion is horse have a place, and that place is behind a fence.
What is the biggest factors? Fire suppression, high predator numbers, climate change and I'm sure there is others.

Could horses be a factor on the YaHa? I'd say no! And if you would like to say I'm wrong take me up on my offer to go out there and show me. I've posted video of out there with zero horse sign and I'm not scared to show people or go have people show me where I'm missing the facts is. But not to many will accept the offer lol.

Could there be a disease issue. Highly unlikely as no horses or wild life have been noted in any of the west country as looking sick or guys finding animals that are dieing of disease.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56 AM

Do any of the guys that want to eradicate the wild horses have any domestic animals or ever wintered a horse? In the winters with the heavy snowfalls when swath grazing cattle horses are a great tool as they will paw through a pie of snow to get to the feed then the cows find it. This winter I had some horses out in some pasture land that hadn't been pastured all year so put some horses out for the winter. There was a half section and with the horses pawing through heavy snow deer/elk/moose came for miles and all wintered well! Like SG said surveys are needed get the numbers and cull via more catch permits if #s are to high!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ya the pictures I took and posted! LoL here is the Link.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=79823

Just wondering how that contributes to the thread or shows horse issues but thanks for bringing it up. Was a nice day in the mountains.
Read the thread seems like you were well in control of the situation.
only a moron would try to walk out of there if he didn't have to.
A smart person never puts him self in that type of a situation with out back up of some kind.....well done.
Closed Thread