Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 PM

Wink Lawrence Lake

First time on the forum, but I've read a lot of your threads. Anyone been out to Lawrence Lake? I'm looking for info on size of pike and if any perch caught and approx. location if possible. Flood water? Long way to go if I can't get on. I know the lake pretty well as gramps had a trap line there long ago. Only fished it once in the winter and haven't caught a perch there in 30 years. Used to be a geat fishery.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Interested as well

I also would be interested in any info on Lawrence. I know there was a substantial winter kill several years ago but that the fish are coming back. Hear the same about Missawawi. Planning to fish Fawcett next week and think I will stop at Lawrence and see whats up.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:34 PM

i was at fawcett last week for 4 days... slow slow slow had one legal walleye and a nice pike weighed in at 18# was fat pig!

where you plan on hitting on the lake?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM

Have never fished it myself but have heard its a slow fishery. I would recommend heading tp meyer lake if you have a snowmobile. Was there a few years back and pulled a few nice pike out of there. Not too sure about the perch though.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM

Default Lawrence Lake

Is Meyer the Lake across from Lawrence? I was there many years ago but I've never found my way back. [I] remember going through a ditch. Lot younger then and having to much fun to pay attention
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Lawrence is void of Perch and full of hammer handle pike. Its a fun lake to fly fish pike in the summer but not a lake I would drive any distance to fish. We live 10 mins down the road so we fool around there once in a while. Meyer isnt any better, Fawcett is very slow and hard to access this year. I would try Nakamun if your looking for Perch.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:49 PM

Default Lawrence Lake

Void of Perch! Must have been a massive kill. Must be a lot of shrimp to feed all that Jack. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned

I have yet to see one on the camera in the past 3 years