Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2020, 06:46 PM

Default Hang drug dealers... yay or nay

He might be on to something. Of course the commies are protesting.
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...and-youre-dead

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-02-2020, 06:50 PM

People selling drugs like fentanyl kill way more people than guns do. But the govt is soft on criminals and hard on law abiding gun owners. Makes no sense to me, but not much in politics does
Old 06-02-2020, 06:51 PM

You bring the rope I’ll bring the hanging post.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:07 PM

I have to agree with Cody’s post just above...those guys selling the real bad stuff like that deserve way worse than what they get.. and we deserve way more than we get.. life is kinda methed up like that... see what I did there??
Hanging may just come back in style though.. the Bell Bottom pants did! Anything is possible if that can happen!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 06-02-2020, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
People selling drugs like fentanyl kill way more people than guns do. But the govt is soft on criminals and hard on law abiding gun owners. Makes no sense to me, but not much in politics does
They give them injection sites to promote proper drug use....

I just had the conversation with my Dad on Saturday where I said people dealing fentanyl should be executed.
Old 06-02-2020, 07:27 PM

If you don't trust government I would not give them the power of the death penalty.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
He might be on to something. Of course the commies are protesting.
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...and-youre-dead
LOL, this is what I got when I clicked onto the link..not bothering with that crap..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The GrowthOp
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR DATE OF BIRTH:

You must be 19+ years or older to view this content
By submitting this form, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy of the this website and its contents."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-02-2020, 08:07 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
Amen.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-02-2020, 11:39 PM

Let him without sin cast the first stone.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
If you don't trust government I would not give them the power of the death penalty.
This is exactly. I don't trust our government with my tax money, their ability to investigate themselves and find no wrong-doing when things go off the tracks, or with issues such as firearms, just to name a few things. As much as agree that certain segment of society deserves the noose, the last thing I want is a government that I have lost faith in being the administrator of capital punishment. There are more than a few examples of Canadians being found guilty of serious crimes, only to be found innocent later.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:42 AM

It is not a good idea, but not because the distributing drug dealers don't deserve it.

There have been enough examples of wrongly convicted people to bring the judicial certainty that is required for capital punishment into question. There clearly have been miscarriages in our system of justice.

The underlying social problems of the drug culture are not amenable to an easy fix.

You don't have to look very far to find people caught up in self-destructive behaviours within family or one's circle of close friends.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:15 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
But don't live in a glass house.......

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-03-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
It is not a good idea, but not because the distributing drug dealers don't deserve it.

There have been enough examples of wrongly convicted people to bring the judicial certainty that is required for capital punishment into question. There clearly have been miscarriages in our system of justice.

The underlying social problems of the drug culture are not amenable to an easy fix.

You don't have to look very far to find people caught up in self-destructive behaviours within family or one's circle of close friends.
Wrongly convicted people almost always involves corruption by the police or prosecutors, so if you are going to bring back the death penalty, it has to extend to anyone that plants evidence or gives false testimony, or coerces false testimony. People won't be anxious to put their own life on the line to solve a case or to build a reputation.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:08 AM

If someone dies from an overdose from prescription drugs do we hang the pharmacist? Geez you guys. Nobody say forcing people to buy drugs. Maybe the drug users should be hanged ???

People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Maybe we should hang liquor store owners?
How about vehicle manufacturers? Cars can be dangerous
Maybe start hanging people who sell firearms?

If you don’t like drugs or drug dealers then just say no! Pretty simple.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:15 AM

only one Id like to see hang, in public, with a big pile of rocks to throw at him. and hes so stupid he cant even make money at it. Right JT?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-03-2020, 07:23 AM

Fentanyl.

I go a little libertarian on this one. If you want to get high on opioids go ahead. If it ends up disastrous well that is on you. The biggest downfall of it that I see is accidental ingestion of fentanyl as a very small amount is dangerous. Make it legal in a pill form. That way it will be much harder to become accidentally ingested and will act as chlorine in the gene pool.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
If someone dies from an overdose from prescription drugs do we hang the pharmacist? Geez you guys. Nobody say forcing people to buy drugs. Maybe the drug users should be hanged ???

People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Maybe we should hang liquor store owners?
How about vehicle manufacturers? Cars can be dangerous
Maybe start hanging people who sell firearms?

If you don’t like drugs or drug dealers then just say no! Pretty simple.
It's not that simple when drugs are provided to children.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
It's not that simple when drugs are provided to children.
you actually know someone who gives dangerous drugs to kids? seriously? maybe hang the *******es who cant hide their crap from their kids, but you think billionaire drug suppliers want to supply little kids with no money ? only dealers who knowingly supply kids with dangerous drugs are big pharma and the docs who prescribe them. go after the real culprits .

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-03-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
He only said that so he could go first.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:10 AM

Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
you actually know someone who gives dangerous drugs to kids? seriously? maybe hang the *******es who cant hide their crap from their kids, but you think billionaire drug suppliers want to supply little kids with no money ? only dealers who knowingly supply kids with dangerous drugs are big pharma and the docs who prescribe them. go after the real culprits .
Are you living under a rock? Drug dealers hang around schools and push drugs on kids all the time. They are so low they pay kids to recruit new child drug users. It’s been going on since I was in school.
Yes drug dealers of certain drugs should be dealt the death penalty as they are basically murderers. Murderers, pediphiles and rapists should also be dealt the death penalty.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:11 AM

For hard drugs and fentanyl type stuff, I’d say yes but our system is too disorganized. Would cost millions of dollars and take decades to put the scum down.

I’m actually kind of split. The other part of me wants to say that fentanyl should be supplied in unlimited quantities at these injection sites free of charge.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
You bring the rope I’ll bring the hanging post.
Sure beats arresting them, letting them out and rearresting the following week, only to be released again.

Grizz
Old 06-03-2020, 08:25 AM

Even in small towns there are so many young kids smoking, vaping,drinking and drugs that I can't believe it. At that young age so many just don't seem to have a brain. By the time that they realise what they are dealing with its to late. Current laws are not enforced , 14 year olds can buy cigarettes and 16 year olds can buy liquor. There is a curfew in town but it was never enforced. Everything is gone to hell.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Fentanyl.

I go a little libertarian on this one. If you want to get high on opioids go ahead. If it ends up disastrous well that is on you. The biggest downfall of it that I see is accidental ingestion of fentanyl as a very small amount is dangerous. Make it legal in a pill form. That way it will be much harder to become accidentally ingested and will act as chlorine in the gene pool.
The users create the market. As long as the market is present, the dealers will be supplying the crap.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:36 AM

yea
Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 PM

No government should have the power to put it's citizens to death.

The problem with the death penalty is that witnesses lie. They recant. Judges and juries make mistakes.

Once you condemn a man to death there is no going back. I'd rather see the jails full of convicted murderers than kill one innocent man. I don't want to live in a country like that.

I don't trust government with anything let alone the death penalty.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:25 PM

Why don't we just enforce the laws we have and take the minimum sentences out of the code?

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 10:27 AM

Are we counting people who provide underage kids liquor.

I'll assume not because it's western Canada and it was cool when our buddy's parents supplied us with booze to drive around backroads.

That's sarcasm: but not untrue in many eyes.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:47 AM

What did prohibition teach us. What has making prostitution illegal done to reduce it. Were there less gays when that was illegal. You cannot create legislation that will stop people from engaging in drinking, screwing or taking drugs. Stop trying. Legalize all drugs, and unlike marijuana, sell them cheap enough there is no money in it for illegal sellers. Spend the 100s of billions we spend on enforcement on treatment options for those that want it. At least with drugs legalised we get rid of 90% of the crime to steal, kill or maim for that next fix or worse to control the drug trade and cartels.

More than a million people a year die from violence due to the drug trade, over 30,000 a year of intentional homicides in Mexico alone. We have been fighting this losing battle for 80 years and it is only getting worse. Might be about time to try a different approach. It sure as hell couldn't be worse than what we have now.

Last edited by Dean2; 06-04-2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
What did prohibition teach us. What has making prostitution illegal done to reduce it. Were there less gays when that was illegal. You cannot create legislation that will stop people from engaging in drinking, screwing or taking drugs. Stop trying. Legalize all drugs, and unlike marijuana, sell them cheap enough there is no money in it for illegal sellers. Spend the 100s of billions we spend on enforcement on treatment options for those that want it. at least with drugs legalised we get rid of 90% of the crime to steal, kill or maim for that next fix or worse to control the drug trade and cartels.

More than a million people a year die from violence due to the drug trade, over 30,000 a year of intentional homicides in Mexico alone. We have been fighting this losing battle for 80 years and it is only getting worse. Might be about time to try a different approach.
What he said. Seems like a more human and effective approach than hanging people.