Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-02-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Floyd was charged in 2007 with armed robbery in a home invasion in Houston and in 2009 was sentenced to 5 years in prison as part of a plea deal. This go around he got nailed with attempting to buy something with counterfeit money. He is a criminal. Lead your life in a way that you don’t have to deal with bad cops...

So now we have criminals rioting in support of a criminal. He isn’t the first to die while being subdued by an LEO and won’t be the last.

John Kordic was an NHL enforcer who died while being subdued by LEO’s. No video, no Facebook no riots...
Evey time the police shoot someone up here I always ask myself is the world a better place?
Although that girl in a star wars outfit was kind of ridiculous.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
"..Floyd was charged in 2007 with armed robbery in a home invasion in Houston and in 2009
was sentenced to 5 years in prison as part of a plea deal. This go around he got nailed with
attempting to buy something with counterfeit money. He is a criminal.."
I believe all this is just a continuance sham in keeping the economy in a shut down mode.
The left needs Trump's economy to be a disaster until election, as the old saying: 'It's the economy stupid'.
All rioters coincidently are mainly left run hades holed states..
Then there is the fact that Derrick & George knew each other for 17yrs.

https://gellerreport.com/2020/05/flo...together.html/

"..Vice President of the Minneapolis City Council Andrea Jenkins says George Floyd and Officer
Chauvin worked at the same restaurant together for seventeen years.."
Old 06-02-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
So it’s Trumps fault the cop killed someone? I suppose Trump is responsible for global warming and Canada selling out to china too??
Nowhere did I say it was Trumps fault. It is not Trumps fault that a innocent black man was essentially murdered. He is however responsible for leadership during these unprecedented times. He is responsible for dividing his people, instilling fear and just generally making it harder for the average American to dissect fact from fiction.

Think of it like starting a fire. You need a spark to light it. Floyd was the spark but on its own in a different situation does it blow up like it has. Just my opinion.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I'm not sure you've kept with the common theme of the thread. Seems more like a rage tweet to me
The common thread of the thread is "What the heck is going on in the States??" I would love to keep it simple and just assume the events of the last several days in the USA is just a recent event but if you look at history long enough you realize most major events are years and years in the making.

That is the stuff that interests me. Sure an black innocent man was killed, but why this particular situation? It has happened before. It will happen again. What ingredients are in play and what does tomorrow bring?
Old 06-02-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Nowhere did I say it was Trumps fault. It is not Trumps fault that a innocent black man was essentially murdered. He is however responsible for leadership during these unprecedented times. He is responsible for dividing his people, instilling fear and just generally making it harder for the average American to dissect fact from fiction.

Think of it like starting a fire. You need a spark to light it. Floyd was the spark but on its own in a different situation does it blow up like it has. Just my opinion.
I disagree, I blame that on lazy dishonest media who refuse to do real journalism 100%. Either they don’t know how anymore or they just are so clouded by hatred that they cannot function .

Remember when Walter Cronkite was referred to as the most trusted man in America? Probably not, that was when the media asked questions based on merit not based on gotcha journalism.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:

Calling Floyd an innocent black man is a big part of the problem and is the attitude that is flaming the spark you speak of. The guy was a criminal, a career criminal at that. What would happen if white Americans started protesting about the crimes against them every time they were attacked by a black American? The fact is calling a spade a spade isn’t politically correct and everyone knows it, lots abuse it.

Trump tried to scare people into keeping peaceful with threats so he wouldn’t have to pull out the army and control that mess with force. The people who are rioting would be rioting no matter who was running the country or what they had to say about the situation. To think otherwise is extremely naive.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
The common thread of the thread is "What the heck is going on in the States??" I would love to keep it simple and just assume the events of the last several days in the USA is just a recent event but if you look at history long enough you realize most major events are years and years in the making.

That is the stuff that interests me. Sure an black innocent man was killed, but why this particular situation? It has happened before. It will happen again. What ingredients are in play and what does tomorrow bring?

I believe that extreme left groups and possibly foreign actors saw this event as an opportunity to stir up trouble in America and Canada and the west in general. This is way beyond a cop murdering a black man.

As explained in this video.. https://youtu.be/AvxrtMb3mYM
Old 06-02-2020, 11:47 AM

so why would sooooo many people riot?

are there that many stupid people?

Stupid or not.... tonnes of people seem to want to get up and go "i'm really sick of stuff"... and its more worth it for them to trash their community than to preserve it.

What happens when that demographic becomes the majority?

welll...... we've seen this in history before.....

many times

I hope they are not there.

You could blame Trump, you could blame the media, ....... I think we all know it a combination of stuff.

American Revolution didn;t start because of the boston Tea Party
French revolution didn't start because of a bread shortage

Stuff piles up if you don't stop and sort it out.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-02-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:

Media has done it's job well I see.
Obumble did a far better job of dividing the people.
Look at the election results, the people were already divided
Old 06-02-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I disagree, I blame that on lazy dishonest media who refuse to do real journalism 100%. Either they don’t know how anymore or they just are so clouded by hatred that they cannot function .

Remember when Walter Cronkite was referred to as the most trusted man in America? Probably not, that was when the media asked questions based on merit not based on gotcha journalism.
Cronkite was the most trusted man in America when the FCC fairness doctrine was still in place, which was to help ensure honest, equitable and balanced reporting. It was revoked in 1987. Apparently some politicians in the US felt that the doctrine violated "free speech" rights guaranteed by the first amendment. I guess that "free speech" trumped truth/balance. It's quite amazing how journalism has become so questionable/polarizing since the revocation of the Fairness Doctrine, and with mass media from so many different sources, in my opinion things are only getting worse. It's hard to know what to believe any more.

It's worthwhile reading up on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_fa...and%20balanced.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Calling Floyd an innocent black man is a big part of the problem and is the attitude that is flaming the spark you speak of. The guy was a criminal, a career criminal at that. What would happen if white Americans started protesting about the crimes against them every time they were attacked by a black American? The fact is calling a spade a spade isn’t politically correct and everyone knows it, lots abuse it.

Trump tried to scare people into keeping peaceful with threats so he wouldn’t have to pull out the army and control that mess with force. The people who are rioting would be rioting no matter who was running the country or what they had to say about the situation. To think otherwise is extremely naive.
When I say innocent black man I am referring to the situation that happened that specific night. When you speak of his long criminal past I find that information irrelevant to this situation and what transpired that night. Using a counterfeit bill is not a serious enough crime to end with a man literally suffocated on the street. We have a very accurate account of what happened that night and it can be verified by many sources. To me it is pretty clear something that was terribly wrong went on that night.

Just to be clear I in no way support the rioters. The peaceful protesters I can support. To me that is a scummy thing to do and I hope the all get the book thrown at them. Do what you need to target and punish those who are responsible for the violence, I fully agree with you. Next figure out who is responsible and if any other motives are at play.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I say innocent black man I am referring to the situation that happened that specific night. When you speak of his long criminal past I find that information irrelevant to this situation and what transpired that night. Using a counterfeit bill is not a serious enough crime to end with a man literally suffocated on the street. We have a very accurate account of what happened that night and it can be verified by many sources. To me it is pretty clear something that was terribly wrong went on that night.

Just to be clear I in no way support the rioters. The peaceful protesters I can support. To me that is a scummy thing to do and I hope the all get the book thrown at them. Do what you need to target and punish those who are responsible for the violence, I fully agree with you. Next figure out who is responsible and if any other motives are at play.
You do realize the police didn’t just drive down the street and randomly pick someone to murder that day right? He wasn’t just a black man abiding the law minding his own business.

Have you ever watched live pd? Have you ever witnessed an arrest where the suspect was acting like they were willing and co-operative then all of a sudden bolt? It’s easy to condemn the cop, unless you are a police officer in Minnesota I doubt you have a clue as to what they are subjected to on a daily basis. The cop obviously went overboard, but it was perhaps because of a prior experience or frustration. Either way, it’s not trump you don’t like, it’s a conservative perspective. Trump isn’t dividing the people, people are dividing the people. Some people are liberal believers and some are conservative believers, no president or prime minister will ever bridge that gap.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:

This X1000
It's ridiculous that people are actually blaming Trump for this. Have they forgotten that, right before Trump, the US had a black president for eight years? Is ACTUAL racism really so prevalent in a country where over half the population voted for a black man? Twice.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
This X1000
It's ridiculous that people are actually blaming Trump for this. Have they forgotten that, right before Trump, the US had a black president for eight years? Is ACTUAL racism really so prevalent in a country where over half the population voted for a black man? Twice.

It’s absolutely unjust that calling a spade a spade is a criminal offense in North America. Crime stats don’t lie, and whether you’re in Canada or USA. This politically correct age we live in breeds racism in my opinion. People were oppressed in the past, people were treated unfairly in the past, but we have evolved and it’s no longer the case. Turning a blind eye to crimes of the present to compensate for crimes of the past does nothing to help the cause, it in fact does the opposite, and it creates racism.

I highly doubt this arrest and resulting death had anything to race, but there is a faction of society who made dam sure it looked like it did.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
This X1000
Spot on Dave. Interestingly if you look at the polls on race relations in the United States during the previous administration you will find they show a steep regression from the beginning of that 8 years to the end.
If you think back on that presidents initial response to matters of race you will see the folly that haunts us now.

Osky
Old 06-02-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:

You are wrong. First off we have separation of powers in the US. In 99% of the situations the states have to REQUEST federal assistance. This is so the federal government cannot trample states rights and force itself on that state for any Wiley nilley reason.
Case in point: during the big hurricane that hit Louisiana during Bush the 2nd presidency. Bush called and offered federal aid and support immediately but the democratic governor would not accept it. Bush could not force it and being the insurrection act was not in play Bush had to sit back. Of course the media had a heyday claiming Bush didn't care... To an unlearned populace the media made Bush the villain.
Trump has done more to bring people together and advance opportunity for people of all races than any president in my lifetime. The numbers bear this out.
You parse what you want from the media feeding your own bias and post under the guise of "just my opinion". Yes that may be, but opinions can be wrong.

Osky
Old 06-02-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
so why would sooooo many people riot?

are there that many stupid people?

Stupid or not.... tonnes of people seem to want to get up and go "i'm really sick of stuff"... and its more worth it for them to trash their community than to preserve it.

What happens when that demographic becomes the majority?

welll...... we've seen this in history before.....

many times

I hope they are not there.

You could blame Trump, you could blame the media, ....... I think we all know it a combination of stuff.

American Revolution didn;t start because of the boston Tea Party
French revolution didn't start because of a bread shortage

Stuff piles up if you don't stop and sort it out.
Good post!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:10 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

No it is not just your opinion, it is also mine!
Old 06-02-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:

You do know that some of the biggest race riots in the US were when on dear President Obama + Hillary Clinton were in power . But they were a Democrats so that was different right ?
Old 06-02-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
You do know that some of the biggest race riots in the US were when on dear President Obama + Hillary Clinton were in power . But they were a Democrats so that was different right ?

You mean like: Hands up, don't shoot!
An instant condemnation of a very good cop, who was vindicated by a grand jury accepting testimony from all black witnesses? Your right.

Osky
Old 06-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Covid is getting passe

The US needs something else

This is it

The New Cause

In 3-5 weeks it will be something else

Not taking anything away from the tragedy, but in reality, its par for the course.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:12 PM

I've not bothered looking up Floyds history as I don't think its relevant. Its noted in a few mainstream media articles that he and the cop who killed him both used to work security at the same night club, though on different shifts. It's unclear how much they may or may not have know each other but the potential is certainly there. My main point is that unless the criminal/suspect is showing lethal intent, there is no cause for a summary execution. Floyd was handcuffed and proned out, so he was clearly not posing even the slightest imminent threat. Had he been waving a firearm or machete that's another thing entirely, but he was not. Floyd's death was completely unnecessary and I'm happy the cop got fired and charged.

I'm not of the mindset that the riots are good either, its weird that some people suggest that the two opinions are mutually exclusive, which is clearly insane. I hate that Floyd got killed by a cop and I hate that there are riots, violence, arson, lootings and, most egregiously, many more murders that have happened in the fallout.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Covid is getting passe

The US needs something else

This is it

The New Cause

In 3-5 weeks it will be something else

Not taking anything away from the tragedy, but in reality, its par for the course.
Exactly.

Opiod Crisis

US government shutdown

Candidacy declaration for US president

Mueller report

Impeach Trump

BREXIT

US and NZ mass shootings

Greta and climate change

Brazil wildfires

Australian wildfires

COVID-19

George Floyd

Squirrel..........................................
Old 06-02-2020, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
We didn’t vote to gain a reality star, we voted not to have another Clinton.
None of history’s great civilizations were conquered from the outside, they rotted from the inside. You would do well to look in your own back yard and take heed.

Osky
Lot of truth here

Never ceases to amaze me how many Canadians are happy to run down Trump but give the POS in charge up here a pass
Old 06-02-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
You are wrong. First off we have separation of powers in the US. In 99% of the situations the states have to REQUEST federal assistance. This is so the federal government cannot trample states rights and force itself on that state for any Wiley nilley reason.
Case in point: during the big hurricane that hit Louisiana during Bush the 2nd presidency. Bush called and offered federal aid and support immediately but the democratic governor would not accept it. Bush could not force it and being the insurrection act was not in play Bush had to sit back. Of course the media had a heyday claiming Bush didn't care... To an unlearned populace the media made Bush the villain.
Trump has done more to bring people together and advance opportunity for people of all races than any president in my lifetime. The numbers bear this out.
You parse what you want from the media feeding your own bias and post under the guise of "just my opinion". Yes that may be, but opinions can be wrong.

Osky
Spent the past few winters in Arizona. Trump’s popularity increased each year.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos View Post
No it is not just your opinion, it is also mine!
And possibly some Republicans too

https://www.theamericanconservative....he-presidency/
Old 06-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask View Post
Lot of truth here

Never ceases to amaze me how many Canadians are happy to run down Trump but give the POS in charge up here a pass
I know a lot of Americans, their view of Trump differs greatly from the anti Trump liberals here in Canada. Does he say some off the wall stuff? You bet your boots he does, but everything he does is to try and better the USA. He does for the USA what every leader should do for their country. On a personal level I can’t stand him, but as the leader of a country I can’t knock him.
Old 06-02-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I know a lot of Americans, their view of Trump differs greatly from the anti Trump liberals here in Canada. Does he say some off the wall stuff? You bet your boots he does, but everything he does is to try and better the USA. He does for the USA what every leader should do for their country. On a personal level I can’t stand him, but as the leader of a country I can’t knock him.
Exactly . Not looking for a friend,just somebody to do the job

I don’t know him on a personal level so can’t comment. I have two clients that know and have guided for his son . Both agree , great guy. Doesn’t happen by accident so there is that
Old 06-03-2020, 06:59 AM

In the Floyd situation the cop use of force was over the top and some one died cause of it and that is very sad. Was it a racist cope I doubt it. If Floyd was white the cop would have acted the same way.
Being a cop especially in some of these large cities is a tough job. Their jobs is to catch criminals who don’t want to be caught. How many times do you think these cops had to fight to get a criminal into the car or to simply arrest some one. Over time it would probably desensitize you to things that others feel are wrong.
To me what the cop did was wrong but maybe some cops need more help in coping with their jobs.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:32 AM

Talking

Bet the looters are not taking work boots !