Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 05:40 PM

Question Elk hunting draw changes...2021

They mentioned last year about emalgulating more draw codes any rumours if they are going to change the 212 cow elk into the antlerless elk draw code?....asking for a friend
Old 03-31-2021, 06:07 PM

If they do I hope it’s next year. I’m planning on drawing antlerless elk this year and would rather have all my 212 points dumped in there in the following year. That would be my hope. Saying that though, I don’t know anything.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:32 PM

Default Any day now

Should hopefully be sometime this week the draw book becomes Available online....anxious as Always for the changes and to get my draws in as it always feels like the first step in my hunting season even though it’s not even summer yet....really hopeing dad gets his trophy Antelope with a P10 this Year.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:27 PM

When they changed the Cypress hills elk draw, they gave a couple years notice and let the specific area points be used in the broader draw code IIRC.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Should hopefully be sometime this week the draw book becomes Available online....anxious as Always for the changes and to get my draws in as it always feels like the first step in my hunting season even though it’s not even summer yet....really hopeing dad gets his trophy Antelope with a P10 this Year.
I suspect they will be releasing more tags this year. I drive between Medicine Hat and Burstall for work and there seem to be lots of antelope around. Even more than a few years ago. We drove between Walsh and Dunmore in December and counted over 1000 antelope.