Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2019, 09:08 PM

Default Ureteroscopy.............

Sooooooooo...........

I had the unfortunate experience of being a recipient of a much unwanted Ureteroscopy procedure, it is the removal of a kidney stone. They go up your penis, once you are asleep, the surgeon passes a small lighted tube (ureteroscope), through the urethra and bladder and into the ureter to the point where the stone is located. If the stone is small, it may be snared with a basket device and removed whole from the ureter. If the stone is large and/or if the diameter of the ureter is narrow, the stone will need to be fragmented, which is usually accomplished with a laser. Once the stone is broken into tiny pieces, these pieces are usually removed from the ureter.

This was my first time ever being put under general anesthesia, I was apprehensive to say the least about the procedure do to the proximation of my privates, etc!

Once in the operating room, I felt better as the whole operating team put me at ease, etc.

When the anesthesiologist administered the anesthesia............a couple of breaths from the mask..........and lights out, it was so fast I do not remember, or felt anything after that point.

The stone was in the ureter, and was lasered, and removed.

It's a good thing, as the pain Im feeling now, 6 hours after............pizzing razor blades, etc!! Im sure they used a bristle bore brush, instead of the basket!!

On a more positive note, I'm thankful that the entire staff at the Misericordia Hospital treated me well, and to the Doctor of course!

Long story short...........if you have a kidney stone.........don't wait as long as I did to seek medical attention.........or you might have to experience this!!

Anyone else have to have this procedure, and give me an idea of how long it took to heal up, etc? I did not need a stent put in the ureter, so that will help speed things up, I have a constant feel that I need to urinate ;(