Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-21-2015, 01:34 PM

Default New Firearms owner

Hi I am relatively new to firearms and as a first rifle purchased a .22 awhile back.
I am looking to purchase my next one with a little more oomph, many people tell me 30-06 or 308, gunowners and their strongly held beliefs hehe.
I havent had much luck or opportunity to shoot a 308 or heavier caliber and would like to before buying, would anyone know of a place or shooting community around Edmonton where a guy could try out a decent cross section of rifles.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnob View Post
Hi I am relatively new to firearms and as a first rifle purchased a .22 awhile back.
I am looking to purchase my next one with a little more oomph, many people tell me 30-06 or 308, gunowners and their strongly held beliefs hehe.
I havent had much luck or opportunity to shoot a 308 or heavier caliber and would like to before buying, would anyone know of a place or shooting community around Edmonton where a guy could try out a decent cross section of rifles.

Thanks
In terms of restricted you can check out Phoenix indoor range, as for rifles best bet is to meet up with someone heading to the range.

Caliber depends on what you want to use it for. For my hunting I have always been happy with 30-06, can find ammo anywhere and reasonably priced.

Oh and congratulations, before you know it you will be buying a bigger safe.