Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2023, 09:43 AM

Default How can PP be the next PM?

O.K. the house is going into a summer recess, an excellent chance to press the flesh and gain support. Here is the thing, politicians love to go to where they are loved but this won't gain any votes. There is no need to pander to your base. This applies to all politicians, you need to win seats that you didn't win the last time.

This government will not go 4 years, and what the PCs want is an election where PP faces JT, and this can happen if the government loses a non confidence vote (a vote on a money bill like the budget). If that happens Canadians will go straight to the polls with no time to change leaders.

So the best source of supporters comes from new voters, that means youth and immigrants.

What policies does the PC party have that will attract voters from these 2 groups?

Well this next year could be very exciting in Canadian politics.

BTW has anyone here volunteered to lead the enquiry into foreign interference in our elections. If yes, you have my support.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
O.K. the house is going into a summer recess, an excellent chance to press the flesh and gain support. Here is the thing, politicians love to go to where they are loved but this won't gain any votes. There is no need to pander to your base. This applies to all politicians, you need to win seats that you didn't win the last time.

This government will not go 4 years, and what the PCs want is an election where PP faces JT, and this can happen if the government loses a non confidence vote (a vote on a money bill like the budget). If that happens Canadians will go straight to the polls with no time to change leaders.

So the best source of supporters comes from new voters, that means youth and immigrants.

What policies does the PC party have that will attract voters from these 2 groups?

Well this next year could be very exciting in Canadian politics.

BTW has anyone here volunteered to lead the enquiry into foreign interference in our elections. If yes, you have my support.
When the economy is good, and people have money, they are far more likely to support virtue signaling and throwing away money on nonsense in the process. That is why Trudeau has been elected and re elected. But when the economy turns bad, and people start having trouble coming up with enough cash to keep a roof over their head, and food on the table, they need someone to blame, and their priority shifts away from virtue signaling to the basics, like the economy, and affordability. That affordability is what PP and the Conservatives have to offer, and more and more people are switching priorities, and political support, for this reason.
As far as volunteering to lead the imquiry into foreign interference, unless you are a known strong liberal supporter, and you are willing to be a useful idiot to do what it takes to ensure that there is no public inquiry, there is zero chamce of you being chosen.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:12 PM

If a Prime Minister simply took responsibility for Canada and the well being of Canadians, he/she would be hard to vote out.

But when you start peeling off billions to others while Canadians live in tents and boil water to drink, something has to change.

Trudeau is a cancer on the heart of Canada. A low life scumbag. A charlatan. A plastic bumper on a tank.

Not saying his eventual replacement is any better, but I cant imagine them being worse. But if he is, I hope Canadians remove him as undemocratically as possible.
Old 06-12-2023, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
If a Prime Minister simply took responsibility for Canada and the well being of Canadians, he/she would be hard to vote out.

But when you start peeling off billions to others while Canadians live in tents and boil water to drink, something has to change.

Trudeau is a cancer on the heart of Canada. A low life scumbag. A charlatan. A plastic bumper on a tank.

Not saying his eventual replacement is any better, but I cant imagine them being worse. But if he is, I hope Canadians remove him as undemocratically as possible.
Couldn't agree more!

BW
Old 06-12-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:

Exactly ! Perfect description of the pathetic slimeball.
Old 06-12-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:

X4 .Bang on the money ,very well said .
Old 06-12-2023, 03:04 PM

Hey I would love to see PP be the next PM of Canada but with the aging conservative population, with the Chinese interference and possibly Russia as well, the voting machines and how crooked the current Liberal government has gotten, I dont think we will ever get rid of them without a gun fight.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:12 PM

Kevin O'Leary wasn't holding back.

https://torontosun.com/entertainment...cant-get-worse
Old 06-12-2023, 05:38 PM

I keep hearing aging conservative voters on this forum but I have me far more retired people voting liberal than the 30-50 age range. The people I hear with the most distain for Trudeau are people in that age range too because they are trying to make a living, support families and are getting hammered by inflation and taxes brought on by the liberals

But I am also not socializing with many dead beats either
Old 06-12-2023, 05:40 PM

Default His possible successor ( I would venture to say worse)

i
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBtSFOflZiA. Find this interview timing to be a little odd/slow rollout of next liberal leader? CBC interview-who'd of thought they may be involved

Last edited by Vantage Point; 06-12-2023 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:45 PM

Declare himself gender fluid First Nations , ride an e-scooter and fly over developing nations in a helicopter dumping out buckets of money. When he gets back, he can say that he’ll double CPP/OAS benefits, build pipelines coast to coast saying that they’ll help prop up green energy, then end things off by rolling around on the floor at a good ol’ fashioned tent revival.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:24 PM

Default The Liberals are already hard to beat!

No amount of outrage from safe PC seats is going to help. They the PCs need to win seats in Ontario and Quebec.

You are up against a guy who looks like a movie star and is an experienced politician, you need a new plan if you want to win.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:28 PM

He can start by listing every liberal scandal especially the ones that point out turds hypocrisy re: racism/sexism (blackface, sexual assault, snc, etc etc)

He needs to silence the Bible thumper extremists and stop the abortion debate altogether. Same with the deficit/budget talk. The people who voted for turds libtards and may now be unimpressed with shiny pony’s conduct don’t respond to adult conversations about money.

Show up in French speaking places. Kbeckistan and NB.

It’ll be a tough road because the liberals have been stacking the deck for a long time, importing immigrant votes into swing ridings in onterrible.

Out west, he needs to have a plan for equalizing representation Re: seats in parliament and eliminate the gun grab. That’s pretty much all, everything other conservative priority can be done once in power. But he does need western people to vote, so he in fact does need to show up out west.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:28 PM

Quote:
No amount of outrage from safe PC seats is going to help. They the PCs need to win seats in Ontario and Quebec.

You are up against a guy who looks like a movie star and is an experienced politician, you need a new plan if you want to win.
Those people in Ontario and Quebec are feeling the economic crunch , just like everyone else , if that doesn't convince then to vote out Trudeau, there is no hope for Canada.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Those people in Ontario and Quebec are feeling the economic crunch , just like everyone else , if that doesn't convince then to vote out Trudeau, there is no hope for Canada.
It doesn’t, I work with a bunch of them. Anything that requires more than an Instagram post limit of words, they just scroll on by. Even the Chinese situation doesn’t register. These idiots are the product of modern educations social engineering, they don’t even understand Mao killed tens of millions of people.

Make it an election about personal conduct and track record.

Eastern Canadians vote AGAINST leaders.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:04 PM

Which add do you think would move urbanites more:

“By 2025 the liberals will have spend 500 billion dollars servicing debt which means if we calculate the average…..” ZZZZZZZZ

OR

Slow roll of Jody RW, the reporter he groped, a female indigenous elder boiling water, picture of blackface draped on girls. Female voiceover:

“If you wouldn’t feel safe working for Justin Trudeau, why would you vote for him? Support Pierre Poilievre and let’s make Canada better”

Insert picture of Pierre playing with his kids

THAT is how you get through to people. Emotion, not logic or numbers.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:16 PM

Turdo has done more to black list the entire Liberal party much more then the Conservatives could ever do. but then again Canadians of all stripes are pretty much Darwin award participants when it comes to voting for the least fit person for the position.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:57 AM

Don’t forget majority of Canadians didn’t vote for Trudeau

Seat distribution is the real issue
Old 06-13-2023, 05:46 AM

Doesn't matter what he does China will vote Trudeau back in lol.
Old 06-13-2023, 06:01 AM

Quote:
This will never happen as Jagmeet supports the Liberals and the NDP can’t afford another election right now.
Old 06-13-2023, 06:09 AM

PP needs to make sure folks are aware of this. It is a lot of pain for simple virtue signaling.

Hi ******

Carbon taxes will cost you $3,930 by 2030.

Here’s the math:

By 2030, the current carbon tax will cost the average Alberta family $2,773 more than they get in rebates, according to the Parliamentary Budget Officer.

Starting this July, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is bringing in a second carbon tax through fuel regulations. When companies can’t meet Trudeau’s fuel requirements, they’ll have to pay his second carbon tax. And those costs will be passed down to you.

The second carbon tax will cost the average Alberta family $1,157 in 2030, according to the PBO.

Can your family afford to pay $3,930 for Trudeau’s two carbon taxes?

If not, you need to act.

The Canadian Taxpayers Federation is ramping up pressure before Trudeau’s second carbon tax kicks in on July 1. The first step for you to join the fight is to sign the petition.

You can sign the PETITION to stop Trudeau’s second carbon tax here: https://www.taxpayer.com/petitions/s...ond-carbon-tax

Keep your eye out for our emails. Once you sign the petition, we will email you with more ways to stop Trudeau’s second carbon tax.

Thanks for fighting for taxpayers – it’s making a difference!

Sincerely,

Franco, Shannon, Todd and the CTF team.

PS: If you can’t afford to pay for Trudeau’s two carbon taxes then you can sign the online PETITION to stop the second carbon tax: https://www.taxpayer.com/petitions/s...ond-carbon-tax

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
He can start by listing every liberal scandal especially the ones that point out turds hypocrisy re: racism/sexism (blackface, sexual assault, snc, etc etc)

He needs to silence the Bible thumper extremists and stop the abortion debate altogether. Same with the deficit/budget talk. The people who voted for turds libtards and may now be unimpressed with shiny pony’s conduct don’t respond to adult conversations about money.

Show up in French speaking places. Kbeckistan and NB.

It’ll be a tough road because the liberals have been stacking the deck for a long time, importing immigrant votes into swing ridings in onterrible.

Out west, he needs to have a plan for equalizing representation Re: seats in parliament and eliminate the gun grab. That’s pretty much all, everything other conservative priority can be done once in power. But he does need western people to vote, so he in fact does need to show up out west.
In agreement with most of your words except for the bolded. We already know what Trudeau has done, what Poilievre needs to do is let voters know what he's going to do differently. Recent elections have devolved into mud slinging, I'd rather know what a party offers me compared to what I already know the other party doesn't offer me, that goes for all of them. The left has is working overtime with the fearmongering of Poilievre, he needs to start pushing back on some of the fear tactics from them.

Poilievre also needs to win over the Atlantic provinces, for some reason, they're still all so hell-bent on voting Libera. Last polling suggested over 50%
Old 06-13-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
This will never happen as Jagmeet supports the Liberals and the NDP can’t afford another election right now.
You ALMOST got it right. Here, I will fix it for you:

This will never happen as Jagmeet supports the Liberals and the NDP HAS NEVER HAD AS MUCH POWER AS NOW, THAT AND ALOT OF OUR MP'S NEED TO GET THEIR YEARS IN TO GET THEIR LIFETIME PENSIONS, SO WHY CALL an election right now.

Now do you understand how much your NDP really cares about the plight of the common Canadian?

But why risk losing the control block of seats in Parliament?

Drewski
Old 06-13-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
You ALMOST got it right. Here, I will fix it for you:

This will never happen as Jagmeet supports the Liberals and the NDP HAS NEVER HAD AS MUCH POWER AS NOW, THAT AND ALOT OF OUR MP'S NEED TO GET THEIR YEARS IN TO GET THEIR LIFETIME PENSIONS, SO WHY CALL an election right now.

Now do you understand how much your NDP really cares about the plight of the common Canadian?

But why risk losing the control block of seats in Parliament?

Drewski

BINGO!

And Jagmeet chastises Trudeau in the hose over foreign interference, yet will do nothing to topple the government in a confidence vote. Lest he loses his pension and power. He is as slimy as Trudeau in all of this.

BW
Old 06-13-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
BINGO!

And Jagmeet chastises Trudeau in the hose over foreign interference, yet will do nothing to topple the government in a confidence vote. Lest he loses his pension and power. He is as slimy as Trudeau in all of this.

BW
Bingo x2!
Old 06-13-2023, 03:44 PM

We can just hope that Trudeau gets back in. Then Alberta will have no choice but to walk away, and after a few tumultuous years, we'll be far, far better off.
Old 06-13-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
We can just hope that Trudeau gets back in. Then Alberta will have no choice but to walk away, and after a few tumultuous years, we'll be far, far better off.
We almost ended up with the NDP I would not bet on separating
Old 06-13-2023, 03:50 PM

He wants in he is going to have to do two things:

1. Make it publicly known that he will not support the extreme social conservative ideals to ban anyone that doesn't fit 1950s Catholicism ideals aka topics like abortion, gay/lgtb+. Freedom for all to live the life they choose should be rule of the day. and make sure the country knows it.
2. Put out actual ideas for turning this country around. Im all for picking the turd about and calling out the liberal BS. But if thats all that is ever sad, it makes it sound like you don't exactly have a plan. If hes putting on blast the insane levels of immigration, end the sentence with "the conservative party will tie immigration levels to housing levels" or something like that
Old 06-13-2023, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
BINGO!

And Jagmeet chastises Trudeau in the house over foreign interference, yet will do nothing to topple the government in a confidence vote. Lest he loses his pension and power. He is as slimy as Trudeau in all of this.

BW
But, but, but - he's a SOCIALIST!!!
Hero of the working classes, protector of the common man!!!
Too bad that they don't have an emoji of someone laughing until they puke
Old 06-14-2023, 07:17 AM

Default Way to go guys, some good ideas!

You need to win new seats, and how to do just that. What can the PCs do to attract young voters? That's very important going forward? I'll start, affordable housing, more university spaces, a policy on electric cars.

Your turn, and what say that there are no "bad" ideas lets just try to get as many new ideas out there as we can. No criticism of other members, just new ideas, these people need our help.