Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-27-2014, 06:27 PM

Default Diamond Infinite Edge

Is this a good bow for a beginner? Seems to have most of the attributes I'm looking for in that price range, though I would go higher. Is it a bargain or cheap stuff? WSS/$350 RTS
Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM

This is a great bow for beginners. My son has one and the adjustments are very good. After you get better you will want to upgrade the sight and rest. Have fun flinging arrows!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:18 AM

My 12 year old son shoots one. I would reccomend the bow to someone who is still growing. Like a 10 year old kid. It's light enough for them to handle with enough adjustment to grow with them to adult. The accessories are good enough to get shooting and after a couple years are easy to upgrade.

I think for an adult there are better beginner bows for close to the same price and designed to fit adult draw length and draw weight better. What the Ininite Edge has going for it in adjustment I think it gives up some performance.

Head to a pro shop get measured up and start looking at what else there is in your price range. Bet you find something that fits you better.

If you can find it in your budget to spend more like 500 on a bow you would open yourself up to some good options from Bear, Diamond, G5, PSE and I'm
Sure some others as well. Don't be afraid to be open to used gear as well. Lots of guys upgrade their starter bows you might find a gem!

Last edited by FallAirFever; 06-28-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Banned

I got one for my wife. We didn't know what she could do with the draw weight, and we can change it until she tells me what she wants, and we go from there. But she really likes the bow as well so there isn't much point in "upgrading".
Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 AM

They go from 5-70lbs and 13-30 inch draw, literally almost anyone can use this bow. My buddy shoots one and he shot a monster buck with it last year. I would agree the sight and rest on it should be upgraded sooner than later however.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:18 AM

Default made the plunge

Went out and bought a PSE Vision. WSS had them on sale . I really like the bow as it has a lot of adjustment range. Got it shooting pretty good, but I'm already looking at some upgrades. (Drop-away rest, better peep, etc.) So I have a couple months to get good enough for bow season. Didn't think I'd ever bow hunt, but a friend got me hooked. I have room to shoot in my backyard, so I can practice whenever I want, and I can see my progress almost daily, which makes it more fun.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:10 PM

welcome to your new addiction!