Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 PM

Default Parkland Bow Benders

I would just like to send out a big "thanks" to the Parkland Bow Benders for hosting this weekends ABA qualifying shoot. As always you folks did a first class job on your courses and hospitality, Glen makes a wicked burger btw! The shoot the tube for was a pretty awesome time too. We'll be back next year for sure. When you have a good time like this how can you not? Thanks again!

Last edited by normanrd; 06-22-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:39 AM

I agree that was a great time! Some tough shots and some ones that really made you think. Great shoot with great folks....perfect way to spend a weekend. Hats off to the club and guys involved with organizing and getting a sponsor for "shoot the tube" for a Side By Side! Single shot to drain an arrow in a 1/2" tube at over 100 yards.... If only the wind could have pushed 1.5 more inches to the right!

Straightened out your picture for you . That one guy looks a bit off....I think he realized he stepped in some baboon crap! LOL

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 06-23-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:33 AM

Nice shooting Lefty..

Looks like it was a great time...gonna have to rejoin the circut...just for fun and tune out competition factor...lol

Neil
Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Nice shooting Lefty..

Looks like it was a great time...gonna have to rejoin the circut...just for fun and tune out competition factor...lol

Neil
I just got into the 3d more this year. Last year I started 3d and I shot 3-4 tourneys and this year I have done 8+ or so....I find you make them as competitive as you want. I am there mostly to hone my skills as a hunter/archer and get out there practicing. The guys/gals I have shot with are all excellent and I have grown a lot by shooting with them and picking up pointers. A couple of new shooters have thanked me for passing along a few tips as well.

I find the group of folks who frequent the 3d circuit now are all great sportsmen and sportsladies....there is always lots of room for more folks to come out and give it a go. The more young folks we have the better the future looks for us all.

LC
Old 06-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Yup think you pretty much nailed it there...

In the 80's when I was active it was very cut thoat I wanted to shoot for the exact reasons you mentioned...because it was fun and I loved the practise and adventure...however the competitive politics ruined it for me and eventally took the fun out of it...

If I had advise for any new shooters to the 3D circuit it would be ...by all means do your best... but overall have fun and enjoy the adventure !!!

Neil