Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 PM

Default Vap arrows

Does anyone have any experience with VAP arrows? Wondering if they were as good as the hype makes them out to be?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 AM

I have been shooting them a while now,no complaints here,a little pricy but well worth in my opinion.They fly awesome
Old 06-20-2014, 09:51 PM

They are pricey, but I really like them. I wanted a high FOC arrow. I got the VAP V1's, 92gr stainless steel outsert (not sure if it's made anymore), 100gr broadhead. FOC around 18% with 462grains. This setup penetrates like crazy and is stable in the wind. Complete pass through on my spot and stalk spring bear this year.

I haven't had issues with bent outserts or imprecise arrow flight. They shoot really well at long range (80yards, target only, not animal) if I do my part.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:58 AM

Default VAP arrows

Been shooting the VAP arrow with my Omen Pro and the have been great. Only issue I have had is that they blow through my target and the penetrator tip gets bent (is hitting a rock/stone). Now I use two targets back-to-back and they finally stop, lol. Not a bad problem to have with such great arrows and a very fast bow.