Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-15-2014, 02:40 AM

Default Bow string... Best place to get done

Hey just wondering where I should take my bow to get a new string and stuff put on.. Wanting to get a lime green string if possible. Any help is great thanks.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:56 AM
Banned

Default string

Depends where you live. If you live around Calgary, then Jimbows for sure. If you live closer to Edmonton, then Jimbows for sure as well. Give location, people will let you know. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:35 AM

I heard Jim bows is opening a shop in edmonton. Is this true? When is this happening? Can't wit pretty excited. Never been to the one in Calgary but I hear nothing but good things.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:15 AM

If I recall correctly I heard it should be open by October, could be sooner.

LC
Old 06-15-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetailman View Post
Hey just wondering where I should take my bow to get a new string and stuff put on.. Wanting to get a lime green string if possible. Any help is great thanks.

If Edmonton area, Accurate Archery in Alberta Beach.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
whitetailman

Bow string... Best place to get done
If you changed your "Location: Wouldn't you like to know" to something more helpful
Old 06-15-2014, 10:12 AM

Where are you located, and what bow do you have? How far are you willing to travel, would you consider shipping it? These answers will probably help to answer your question.

Jimbow's is a great suggestion especially if you are near Calgary. Closer to or west of Edmonton I'd say accurate archery, east of Edmonton I would be taking my bow to Neil at LOST Arrow.

When my new bow starts to show signs of wear on the string I think I will be ordering a set from Worlds Best ( you didn't mention what string you were thinking of getting) then I would send my bow or take it to Neil my bow is an APA and from what I have read he is the man I would trust more than any other to take care of me and my Mamba M7 !
Old 06-15-2014, 02:28 PM

Ya Neil set my bow up I live by Viking. I didn't know if he would have the certain bow string that I would want.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:44 PM

http://worldsbeststrings.com
"If anyone from PETA is reading this, I hope you hit a moose on the highway in your smartcar. I love animals; they're delicious. And I hope when you have children, they turn out just like me." Huntinstuff
Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbridle View Post
Hands down ...Support Canadian Archery Industry

You can order direct or have your Pro shop dealer order and have strings installed for price of string ...in any color one can imagine

Neil
Old 06-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Default lost archery

i sent my bow to lost archery this spring and had neil put on a set of world best strings.
He tuned it and put on a set of cat whiskers, when i got it back and shot it for the first time i though something was wrong ........coludn't hear anything only the thump as arrow hit the bulls eye.....lol
i think he gets a comission on arrows , cause since he tuned my helim can't seem to shoot at the same bull without destroying arrows
I sent mine to him from newfoundland , couldn't be more satisfied , worth every cent for shipping .
thanks to you Neil
Old 06-21-2014, 06:16 PM

Thank you Sir...we do it cause we love it..
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie bullet View Post
i sent my bow to lost archery this spring and had neil put on a set of world best strings.
He tuned it and put on a set of cat whiskers, when i got it back and shot it for the first time i though something was wrong ........coludn't hear anything only the thump as arrow hit the bulls eye.....lol
i think he gets a comission on arrows , cause since he tuned my helim can't seem to shoot at the same bull without destroying arrows
I sent mine to him from newfoundland , couldn't be more satisfied , worth every cent for shipping .
thanks to you Neil