Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-24-2014, 06:37 AM

Just hoping to keep my shoulder in shape enough to hunt is my main goal this year!
Cat
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhammer View Post
Good luck on getting your grande masters. That would be a great accomplishment. I would like to shoot for that one day as well. Right now the small game award is kicking my but. I need a fish or a migratory bird. I will have to add that to the list this year I guess.
Wish ya luck on that, in the early 80's with ABA I think I set the record on the small game Award with 28 species in 28 days ended with a suprize Fox...it was a blast...

Right now would be a good time to get a fish...any creek on any lake should have the sucker/carp/Rough fish running right now...they are still legal to bow fish in Alberta

Neil
Old 06-25-2014, 09:06 AM

Archery Goal 2014.
1.A big mule deer is #1 ( if drawn)
2.a Big bull elk, Have taken a few smaller 4-5 point elk, would like a giant. I have seen them, just timing. ( if I get drawn for November cow than this is a 2015 goal) MMMMM elk meat.
3.Lastly, A good whitetail with my bow, Have shot some 165 + with rifle, one on the wall with my bow would be great.

We should revisit this post in December with everybody who has posted and the pictures attached.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritz View Post
Archery Goal 2014.
1.A big mule deer is #1 ( if drawn)
2.a Big bull elk, Have taken a few smaller 4-5 point elk, would like a giant. I have seen them, just timing. ( if I get drawn for November cow than this is a 2015 goal) MMMMM elk meat.
3.Lastly, A good whitetail with my bow, Have shot some 165 + with rifle, one on the wall with my bow would be great.

We should revisit this post in December with everybody who has posted and the pictures attached.
Neat Idea...hmmmm what was goal my again...lol

Neil
Old 06-25-2014, 10:21 AM

Hoping to arrow a big mule buck and go stalk elk for the first time this year! Oh and a coyote with the bow aswell!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillTophunter View Post
Hoping to arrow a big mule buck and go stalk elk for the first time this year! Oh and a coyote with the bow aswell!
Interesting enough Yotes have been the easiest critter to take around here with the bow ...took three last season and four the year before...out of blinds, stands and and foot...and passed up many because the time wasnt right...wishin ya all the luck...specially with the yote...whackem and stackem..

Neil
Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM

I, like many other archery hunters, had a goal to take a Pope and Young animal, which I was lucky enough to accomplish with my old man two years ago.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:59 AM

Get out in the field for a couple weeks. If I happen to cross paths with a bull moose all the better
Old 06-25-2014, 02:53 PM

I would like to get something with a bow. I got a compound and a recurve last year. Never hunted or walked in the woods with them. Thought I'd try to "get out" this year.

But with little or no experience.. maybe just wandering around outside
Old 06-25-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Interesting enough Yotes have been the easiest critter to take around here with the bow ...took three last season and four the year before...out of blinds, stands and and foot...and passed up many because the time wasnt right...wishin ya all the luck...specially with the yote...whackem and stackem..

Neil

I had 4 chances last year on my spot and stalks for mules but i was unsure of shooting them and spooking the bucks. This year I'm going after the first one that steps into my path!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:25 PM

I want the 6x6 bull elk I called in three times last year while scouting a new area. Couldn't take him because of a cow draw in a different wmu. Fuuuuu
Here's hoping I get the chance to take him as my first successful archery big game hunt. I would sure be disappointed if the wolves got him