Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-04-2019, 09:52 PM

Default Funny story

So up until recently, we had AHS come into the house to help my mom bathe and get dressed. The instructions were to knock, then just come into the house. A new caregiver did that, two dogs came to greet her happily, no barking though. She called out my mom's name, no response so she went upstairs to see someone sleeping. So she nudged the person who woke up and jumped out of bed. He asked who the hell she was, she said home care looking for Juanita. So after she and he almost crapped their pants, she left...little dogs still wanting attention. She told me that she confused 2 with 5 and a lot of laughs ensued. Spoke to the neighbor later, it made him remember to lock his doors!
Old 12-04-2019, 09:56 PM

Around 30 years ago my older sister moved to Ft McMurray for a job, she got an apartment in a complex and moved in. She went out for groceries and returned, went to her door # and put in her key, opened up the door and there was a fellow in there wondering who the heck she was. Her key fit the same apt # in the wrong building.... I have a suspicion that the locksmith might have followed a pattern when keying the units from building to building.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:11 PM

Maybe 15 years ago, we went to the mall to pick up a couple of things. Upon return to the parking lot, we found a woman sitting in our vehicle in the passenger’s seat. Turned out the vehicle of whoever she came with was parked just a couple of slots from ours and looked not identical, but very similar (same model and colour, but a few very minor distinctions). It was all pretty confusing at first, but we did have a laugh when things cleared up. I thought she was insane at first because she kept saying it wasn’t our car even when we showed her that we have the keys that can start it. Still think she was a little off, lol.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:15 AM

I did that the other day I came out of the store thinking about something else went to my truck and was trying to get the door open kept clicking the opener but it would not unlock and noticed that the valve stems were green not black thought that was odd before I clued in it was not my truck.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:26 AM

My mother doesn't drive very much anymore (being 80 and all) and I try to drive her everywhere she needs to go. I cant even begin to count the times she's come out of a store and either try to get or get into someone elses SUV that looks like mine.
She isn't remotely senile or having a failing memory, her eyesight isn't the greatest and she knows very little about car. I drive a brownish/beigey/goldish/sandstone colored Hyundai Sanata Fe. Just like a hundred thousand other people in Edmonton!
Which of course means I've had more than a couple other people hop into my car if I'm sitting in a parking lot. Freaked me out the first couple of times, but now I just say "hey bud, wrong car" before they get all the way in. Usually they just mumble "sorry" and walk away sheepishly
Old 12-05-2019, 08:19 AM

When my old Hungarian MIL was getting ready to move from her house of 50 years to a condo she talked to a realtor to list it. Next day someone comes to the door looking really scruffy and sketchy and says they are there to see the room. Mama is confused but thinks the realtor must have sent over a interested buyer. So she lets him in.

Sketch is asking if he can share the kitchen and half the garage. Mama starting to realize something is wrong.

So Mama calls me and I rush over. I call the realtor and she tells me it has not been listed yet. She is still working on it.And NO she did not send anyone there.

Sketch is gone, but we sleuth it out. Someone else on her street had a room for rent and posted their place on Kijiji with Mama's address by mistake.
After that.
Had to tell Mama not to let anyone in-The realtor would bring them through.

She was just excited that someone was coming to see her house. And normally grumpy Mama was quite accommodating when she believed she had a sale.

Last edited by omega50; 12-05-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:22 PM

Working in a small town in Manitoba out of a storefront business.
Living so close together, 3 of us would take 1 vehicle to work.
One day after work, 2 of us were waiting in the car for the third guy to finish
yakking and come out.
Well after a few minutes he comes out of the store and jumps into the wrong car. He throws his arm over the back of the seat and says loud enough for us to hear, " lets ****** Off" when nothing happens he glances over at the little old lady driver, turns a bright red and sheepishly exits the car.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:18 PM

Back a few years ago. I was fueling up at Maple creek Sk. I go inside to pay, come out putting back on my glove and jump on my bike. All of a sudden someone jumps on the back of my bike and says "Let's go". I turn around and a blonde is sitting behind me. A voice calls out "You'll ride with anybody" She takes off quickly looking a little sheepish. Black bike spoke rims, guy dressed in black leather. Easy mistake, except buddy was a foot and a half taller then I.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:41 PM

I was supposed to go to my cousins house for his wedding. I thought it was strange that nobody was at the house when I got there. Poured myself a whiskey that was sitting on the cupboard. Man that tasted good so I poured myself another. Thinking to myself, this is sure strange that no one is here yet. I started looking around and realized I didn’t know anyone in the pictures in the house. Finally it struck me, I’m in the wrong house.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:27 PM

About 5 years ago my wife and I were living in cold lake and renting the upstairs of a house. Across the road was a exact replica of our house that our landlords also rented out. So one day I’m gone ice fishing and the wife returns home from work to find 4 Philippino woman in our house cleaning. Everyone was very confused and at first the wife thought I hired them to come clean as a gift to her. But really it turns out they were hired by our landlord to do a move out clean of the house across the street. Came to the wrong house but the wife just happened to forget to lock the door that morning and they just let themselves in and got to work. Sad thing is they knew it was a move out clean and never clued into the dirty dishes, laundry or the fridge full of food we had. In the end the wife was disappointed she came straight home from work that day and didn’t let them finish lol. But they were there for roughly 3 hours cleaning!
Old 12-06-2019, 11:57 AM

Another one.
We were having a bush party and were running out of beer.
No problem, we knew one guy that always had a few boxes of beer in the house.
We hunt him down in town and ask if we can borrow a couple of boxes, " sure he says, just replace it."
We go to his place and grab the beer and we are back off to the party.
The next day he asks us why we didn't go get the beer. We told him we did.
He asked us from where, we told him his place. He told us that he had moved 2 weeks ago. We had gone to his old address and taken the beer, turns out a RCMP officer had moved into his old place, we had stolen his beer.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Another one.
We hunt him down in town and ask if we can borrow a couple of boxes, " sure he says, just replace it."
He asked us from where, we told him his place. He told us that he had moved 2 weeks ago. We had gone to his old address and taken the beer, turns out a RCMP officer had moved into his old place, we had stolen his beer.
^Wow! Quite the set of kohonas on you guys....

i worked with a girl in the mid 90's and we usually would go for lunch together at least once a week. I drove a 95 Jeep YJ, she drove a mid-90's Dodge car. One fine July day, I walked outside ahead of her and while waiting decided to try my Jeep key in her car. Wasn't she surprised to walk out and find me sitting in her passenger seat already.

She asked if she had forgotten to lock the doors and I stated that my keys opened her car. She said "No way!". At that point, I reached over with my key, stuck it in the ignition and started up her car. Unfortunately for her, the set of keys she had wouldn't work in reverse in my Jeep tumblers/ignition.

We laughed about that forever, but I was always nervous that if something DID happen to her car, I'd be the first suspect.

J.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 PM

10 years ago my dad was visiting relatives in Manitoba, they went to go for a quad ride back in the bush to see an old cabin his cousin had. Took the old farm truck as the quad was in the back already. Park in the field near the trail head and took off. Come back 4 hours later and the box of the old Chev was loaded with bottles of moonshine. They looked around and no sign of anybody. Threw them in the back seat, loaded up and took off. Got 20 mins away and met a truck exactly the same colour and body style headed in the direction they came from....oops...they sure enjoyed their newly acquired moonshine for quite some time after.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Another one.
How was the RCMP Officer to deal with when you took back his 2 cases of beer?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-07-2019, 02:40 AM

Default Funny story

Quote:
Another one.

Kinda related.

In my small home town where I grew there was a policeman that would after confiscating all the alcohol from his Friday night rounds would bring it home and unload it. His lived across the street from us, we would watch him through the front window unloading his cruiser. This was a good 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2019, 10:11 AM

LMAO
Old 12-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
How was the RCMP Officer to deal with when you took back his 2 cases of beer?
When we knew he was on duty, we just dropped them at his back door.