Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-24-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
This is going to be her best Christmas ever!!! 2 long skinny boxes under the tree. What could it possibly be...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Is this really an AO thread, starting to feel warm all over. Thoughtful and classy move gents
Need pics on x-mas morning
WDF
Old 11-24-2019, 08:50 PM

There will definitely be xmas pictures of the presents being opened. I know a girl will be super happy !!
Old 11-25-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda610 View Post
There will definitely be xmas pictures of the presents being opened. I know a girl will be super happy !!
I still need your info sent to me....
Old 12-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakoAlberta View Post
I still need your info sent to me....
just a heads up that I am still needing your info.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
just a heads up that I am still needing your info.
just a reminder....
Old 12-05-2019, 01:19 PM

Wow...you can’t even give stuff away anymore...
Old 12-05-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
just a reminder....
I think you’ve been scammed. Laughing!

-Billy Molls
Old 12-05-2019, 03:24 PM

^ Haha.

P. S. I can send my info instead.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Wow...you can’t even give stuff away anymore...
Well, I tried.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Well, I tried.
I’m thinking between the communication skills of Brad8210 and honda610 there was not much chance that original deal was ever going to be seen through to completion...lol.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:12 PM

Hello all sorry or the late reply I was trying to get my nephew a cow moose at Wainwright during the muzzleloader hunt. Clay my family has already been shown so much generosity I am humbled. I would not feel right accepting another firearm as it would feel like I was taking advantage of the situation. Please accept my humble apology for the late reply. You run a top notch company and this forum has proven to be full of people who do care.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Hello all sorry or the late reply I was trying to get my nephew a cow moose at Wainwright during the muzzleloader hunt. Clay my family has already been shown so much generosity I am humbled. I would not feel right accepting another firearm as it would feel like I was taking advantage of the situation. Please accept my humble apology for the late reply. You run a top notch company and this forum has proven to be full of people who do care.
Merry Christmas
That shows a pile of Respect , Brother !
Cat
Old 12-06-2019, 11:39 PM

There are some really great people on this forum. Sure is nice to see our small community coming together and people stepping up to help someone out.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 12-10-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Merry Christmas
Cool man, top drawer in any book, a real AO member

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Cool man, top drawer in any book, a real AO member
×2.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM

I send the money but dont give them the password until i have a pic of the order and the postage and tracking number on it. Then they get the password and send it.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawken54 View Post
I send the money but dont give them the password until i have a pic of the order and the postage and tracking number on it. Then they get the password and send it.
So they are stuck trusting you? Doesn’t seem that safe as a sender. Tough part is scammers can’t really be stopped. They will get what is coming to them eventually.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Just a heads up; Password isn't going to protect you. You can setup any bank account to accept Interac with no password. As soon as you send it, it gets deposited to the account. Password totally not required.

Even COD does not protect you because you have to pay for the package before you open it and there are no refunds once open. If he sends you rocks, too bad. The only 100% protection is to make damn sure you know who you are dealing with or do all deals face to face.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Just a heads up; Password isn't going to protect you. You can setup any bank account to accept Interac with no password. As soon as you send it, it gets deposited to the account. Password totally not required.

Even COD does not protect you because you have to pay for the package before you open it and there are no refunds once open. If he sends you rocks, too bad. The only 100% protection is to make damn sure you know who you are dealing with or do all deals face to face.
I believe it informs you that the receiver has this option and asks if you want to include a question. It is of no relevance anyway because everyone requires an item be paid for before they ship.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
I believe it informs you that the receiver has this option and asks if you want to include a question. It is of no relevance anyway because everyone requires an item be paid for before they ship.
When you are sending someone the EFT it does not necessarily tell you they have auto deposit. As far as everyone requiring payment before shipping, that is the usual scenario but on more than one occasion, dealing with new sign ups and/or low trader ratings and we could not do face to face I have made the deal that you ship me the goods, I receive and inspect and then pay. I have a fairly extensive trader rating on AO and CGN, why should I be the one to trust a guy with one or two ratings. Realistically, I see no difference between me asking the seller to trust me and the seller expecting me to send money and trust him to ship, even if we have comparable trading rating levels and time on the Board.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
What do you think this does, someone could give you the tracking number and a pic of an empty box that they are shipping to you, seriously, if you can't trust the person you are buying from then you are buying from the wrong person, do a face to face or go to cabela's and but from them.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.