Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-14-2019, 09:20 PM

I run with the down fall of humans in the years ahead...

The man made trails will all disappear in 5 to 7 years as the forests reclaims them all,,, any structure of wood will fad away in 200 to 500 years leaving no sign that humans lived in such structures...

A large portion of cement buildings will topple to the ground with in 1000 to 1500 years as the rains,,, drifting winds of dirt and plants consume the areas where they once stood...

Iron and steel will return to the earth in 2000 to 2500 years...

The best and strongest structures will be long gone in 10 to 15.000 years,,, there will be no remanence left behind when us humans have left the planet,,, the furry critters won't miss us,,, nor the insects or bugs... The planet will continue its course of evolution with or without us since we're only a small part of its journey threw space...

Yes,,, I'm a product of wars,,, harmful in ways to the existence of humans and hard on the planet like the rest of us,,, we can't go back to the old ways since there are to many of us,,, and there are not enough caves to shelter us from the hardships ahead...

The hardships I've delt the planet all so come with some positives,,, I've tried my best to not leave a massive foot print,,, I've pitched in at sorting out some unsightly messes,,, and tried to live with in my means of less is more...

My rewards are enjoying the great outdoors,,, sight seeing mostly now that I'm past my mid years,,, I'm lucky to reap the rewards of a solid structure and a chance to burn some fossil fuel with in reason I hope...

I'm no angle,,, nor am I the evil doo'er... I'm just as human as the next,,, we need the resources to exist,,, when we run out,,, the planet will reclaim all of it when the time comes...

The planet won't know that we were here since its on its own journey.

PS; I own a ATV,,, I also have a mountain bike,,, boots,,, and a worn out back,,, Ha... at least the rest of my body still works...thank the Supreme Bean that I also have a real good lawn chair,,, that's what I'm looking forward to as I close in on the later years,,, then I'll say to H@!! with it when I start burning large bon-fires... LOL

Life with out rewards sucks goats milk,,, the trick is to find some enjoyment along the way,,, with that,,, life is not worth living...

Peace out all... I'm doing what I can with in my means,,, if the powers to be say we need change,,, then I'll be my own planet and change when change is due...

👍
Old 05-15-2019, 08:03 AM

Don, " Only the Rocks live forever"