Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-21-2020, 01:09 PM

I asked Santa for one of these for Christmas. Hope they’re as good as everyone says!
Old 11-22-2020, 08:46 PM

I picked up one of the Reveal cameras in September and it was my first cellular type trail camera. I have a few friends that use cellular cams that are much higher in price point and the performance and picture quality of this camera has been far better than most. Battery life has been great 80% battery left after 3 months and over 1300 pictures sent. Reception has been better than my cell phone for connection in areas of poor service. Set up was very easy and the phone app allows you to make any changes you want very simple. Picture quality of both day and night time pictures have been very clear. I have since purchased two more and have had no issues with them at all other than a Bull Moose rub the tree the one camera was on and break off the antenna I ordered a new one and its up and running again. I have attached a couple photos from one of my Moose honey holes.

Old 11-23-2020, 07:57 AM

After trying and being disappointed by nearly every camera brand on the market, I told myself I'd never buy anything but Reconyx again. But... after hearing all these good reviews, and with a Reconyx cellular being about a grand, Tactacam is on my wish list.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:09 PM

I purchased of of these, and have used it for about 4 weeks now. Takes great quality pics, cellular system is great....BUT...

Anyone using these have the following issue?

Some days, it will take about 24/30 pics...then it quits taking pics.

Other days, it will take 100+...then it quits taking pics.

Will do that randomly, with different number of pics.

Trail cam is about 400 yards from my house. Card is a 32GB.

Batteries are 100%, cellular service has all bars on. The front is clear of any debris (snow). It also will not take pics on the actual card after what I described above?

I believe all the settings are proper, as when it works, it works very well.

Thoughts from owners before I deal with Tactacam in regards to warranty after hunting season is over. Little pizzed as I sent them a message about this about 5 days ago...no reply from them yet.

Thanx...
Old 11-28-2020, 05:36 PM

I purchased one earlier this fall as well, have had some problems but i hope they are more my inability’s than the cameras, that’s a wait and see. I have sent multiple questions on different days to the tech suppport and have recieved answers, usually within 2 days, and sometimes it’s been mins. I find on the weekend they are usually quick to get back to me. Couple of things I have learned is that these cams require a specific sd card, not a micro sd inserted in an sd card or a card that has similar or better upload speeds etc. Not ideal. Camera should up date every 24 hrs regardless of pictures. Has not been the case for me. Pictures have been good when I receive them, but i was looking for real-time info. I can’t afford to spend the 500+ on a real good cell cam as other things in life need require money too or to have it grow legs. I guess I was hopeful that we(hunters) finally got a reasonably priced option for a cell cam. Could be a get what you pay for but a lot of ppl have had good luck with these cams and decent reviews so I will remain optimistic.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:02 PM

Any updates on the tactacam reveals from guys using them this winter on
batterie life etc. Any other pros or cons
Thanks
Old 02-08-2021, 10:13 PM

I have one, it’s Working at -30, but a few false pics, but that’s ok.
Battery life from Jan 18 was 80% a few days ago, says 50% now.
I expect it to jump up a bit when moderate winter temps return.

TBark
Old 02-08-2021, 10:28 PM

Default Tactacams

Mine have worked flawlessly all fall/winter and even thru this cold snap with the exception of 1 that cratered yesterday in -45. That one had alkaline batteries in it and my other 3 are on lithium batteries. I will put lithium batteries in them all going forward. For the money, these things are tough to beat.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:24 AM

Where are u guys finding them? My closest cabelas is always out of stock and cant order them online from them.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
Where are u guys finding them? My closest cabelas is always out of stock and cant order them online from them.
I got mine at Cabelas but I see now they are only available “in store”. My guess is that Tactacam will release an updated model soon.