Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2020, 01:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Waiting Keg....or are you side stepping this....
No, I am not sidestepping anything, you are.

You know very well what standard I was talking about, but you pretend I was talking about health care standards.

You set the standard that in order to comment one has to have a plan to deal with this Covid situation.

Quote:
Ok then I ask you this.....what is your solution to this.....start to finish....short term and long term...full disclosure on the health system and economy...a plan you put forth that will impact the provinces, country and other countries too.
You just earned the position of the only person on my ignore list.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-30-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
And here is why the rest are having tighter restrictions applied....thx
But yet there are those coming from the hot zones and hunting all over Alberta and not wearing masking while in contact with others while out and about and spreading it. Kinda senseless isn't it?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
But yet there are those coming from the hot zones and hunting all over Alberta and not wearing masking while in contact with others while out and about and spreading it. Kinda senseless isn't it?
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Piles of guys around here from Calgary and Edmonton crawling around here lately.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:35 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
No, I am not sidestepping anything, you are.

You know very well what standard I was talking about, but you pretend I was talking about health care standards.

You set the standard that in order to comment one has to have a plan to deal with this Covid situation.

You just earned the position of the only person on my ignore list.
dam eh...was just attempting to figure your perspective out on this mask wearing, covid ordeal and how you would go about insuring all people were taken care of during this crisis...myself personally think that things could be slightly better as in maybe a lockdown for 2-3 weeks but then again you would have to balance out the economy and people too....tuff job and most like myself are far from qualified on this but sure like to come across as if we are subject matter experts....me..like 99.9 percent on this forum are pretty much clueless but are informed through google, someone's else health perspective etc but that's why it is a discussion which at the end of the day amounts to nothing because we are not in that position to make those decisions...just discuss...agree..disagree...that part you cant ignore not turn a blind eye to.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-30-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
dam eh...was just attempting to figure your perspective out on this mask wearing, covid ordeal and how you would go about insuring all people were taken care of during this crisis...myself personally think that things could be slightly better as in maybe a lockdown for 2-3 weeks but then again you would have to balance out the economy and people too....tuff job and most like myself are far from qualified on this but sure like to come across as if we are subject matter experts....me..like 99.9 percent on this forum are pretty much clueless but are informed through google, someone's else health perspective etc but that's why it is a discussion which at the end of the day amounts to nothing because we are not in that position to make those decisions...just discuss...agree..disagree...that part you cant ignore not turn a blind eye to.
Curious, what exactly do you think is going to happen after this 2-3 week lockdown you speak of?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
the senseless part is just that people not giving a ratz arse but they will get a eye opener when ticketed...then its the LEO's fault or the provinces or...you get the jest...everyone else's fault but theirs...they leave the hot zones cause they can and no harm done if you go from your house to the area to hunt but who are we kidding they are going to jump in a truck with a buddy they have not seen all week and stop for jerky etc along the way...so a lock down may be in place just to get the covid numbers down.....

Old 11-30-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Curious, what exactly do you think is going to happen after this 2-3 week lockdown you speak of?
hopefully get the numbers down and actually start seeing a dip...this might give our health workers a break, ICU etc....remember this is not only having less infected numbers showing up at hospitals but also so that the medical staff can get fully operational...it only takes a few medical staff members to test positive and then they are out of the picture putting a lot of work, stress, burnout on the remaining healthy staff...which reflects in the quality of care to the other patients....I was told by a nurse today that this was full moon madness Monday as she expressed being very tired, less staff, and for some unknown reason multiple heart attacks and ambulances showing up basically the ER was packed...then chuck covid into the mix....what a poop show....but thank you to these men and women for doing what you do.

Old 11-30-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
the senseless part is just that people not giving a ratz arse but they will get a eye opener when ticketed...then its the LEO's fault or the provinces or...you get the jest...everyone else's fault but theirs...they leave the hot zones cause they can and no harm done if you go from your house to the area to hunt but who are we kidding they are going to jump in a truck with a buddy they have not seen all week and stop for jerky etc along the way...so a lock down may be in place just to get the covid numbers down.....
They could have done one better and put big fences around the hot spots and kept them contained, then your numbers would have came down big time!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
They could have done one better and put big fences around the hot spots and kept them contained, then your numbers would have came down big time!
if the numbers don't come down and the healthcare system gets hit harder you will see twenty foot electrical fences with armed guards every 50 yards....oops a little to harsh...but we will go to a lockdown and only essential services will be open...

Old 11-30-2020, 03:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Same thing here. There were more folks from Calgary here last month, then locals.

Every time I'd stop at the convenience store there'd be one or two around.
I talked to quiet a few. Nice guys.

Funny thing too, I never saw one of them with a mask on. Not one.
And they don't seem to be spreading anything around other then money.

With one exception. If one of them attends a party, some folks here have relatives and friends in Calgary and other cities down south, including myself.

But I digress. anyway, it seems that only the infected ones attend parties up here. All of the positive tests here have been the result of a southerner attending a party up here. It's been happening since July.

They also seem to carry a less virulent strain of the virus because no one here has got sick from it.

George Bernard Shaw