Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2020, 05:42 PM

Default I fear for my country

RCMP officers mobbed and assaulted ?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7338359/s...s-swarm-video/

Grizz
Old 09-16-2020, 05:56 PM
AO Sponsor

It's only going to get worse too. We seem to be sliding down the path to mob rule very quickly. I am seriously worried about where this is all going to go. The rapid slide is really having an effect on my emotional well being and I am not ashamed to say. It causes me a lot of anxiety!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-16-2020, 05:57 PM

Those kids need a darn good spank. Their parents do as well. I'd be mortified of my child acted like that.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:59 PM

This is what happens when you normalize the "anti-police" movement by referring to "mostly peaceful protests" and only tell one side of the story. Scary stuff - you couldn't pay me enough to be a cop right now.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:00 PM

If we would have done something like that, dad would have gave us a whooping. The future of this country is going to be scary if we have people like Trudeau running it.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
Those kids need a darn good spank. Their parents do as well.
What they really need is a good beating, their parents do as well.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:05 PM

You can thank mass/social media for that little outburst. BLM blah blah blah.....F tha po po etc. What a bunch of losers. Good job parents of Surrey...SMH

Next time show up with two or three K9 handlers. Crowd would disperse in short order if little Johnny the gangsta wannabe had one of his butt cheeks hanging out of the mouth of a Malinois or GSD.
AO Sponsor

It's not even just against the police. It is against anyone who has even a remotely dissenting opinion different than the mob in front of you at the moment. Not just in the physical either. The mob mentality on social media is as bad as in person! Peoples businesses get ruined, individuals losing their jobs, all kinds of things without ever getting a chance to tell there side of things because the mob doesn't let them before they are fully destroyed. Sometimes they may deserve it sure, but just as often they don't and it was just Karen going off raising everybody's hackles.

Makes me really sad to see actually.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23

Total and complete disrespect for authority...
Old 09-16-2020, 06:07 PM

This is done by people who consider themselves "woke".
Old 09-16-2020, 06:13 PM
Banned

You can blame the defund the police movement supporters.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:18 PM

Smile

What a bunch of disgusting animals.

Enough is enough.

Ask them, tell them, make them. 3 chances and end it.

No more excuses, time to make these idiots accountable for their actions.

Police should know how to defend themselves by hand, they also carry batons, pepper spray, tazers and handguns.

They should be used as required, in that order.

There is no way in hell I would or any Officer should ever stand for that kind of garbage.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-16-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
What they really need is a good beating, their parents do as well.
I agree with Crazy Davey. They don’t know what fear is. They will soon learn. If police don’t stop them, we will. “This where the Law Stops, and we Start”. Cobra.....
Old 09-16-2020, 06:22 PM

Having had a student hit me in the head with a chair and spit in my face, I have absolutely zero tolerance for this. Public caning. Parents at the same time as the kids. You raise an animal, you get it too. Do the parents first as the kids watch. It works in Singapore.

I still can't believe what I just saw on that video.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:34 PM

What is bad is good, and good is bad. What is up is down.

So much divisiveness and it's spreading like a cancer.

Old 09-16-2020, 06:35 PM

The young people are only doing what they are taught and told to do by media, celebs, professors, some parents, and lots of politicians.....

Perhaps the police should have done what THEY were taught to do.......

Angry mob starts beating on two cops, I expect bodies to hit the floor
Old 09-16-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
The young people are only doing what they are taught and told to do by media, celebs, professors, some parents, and lots of politicians.....

Perhaps the police should have done what THEY were taught to do.......

Angry mob starts beating on two cops, I expect bodies to hit the floor

No worries. I'm sure that with the grooming that many have received over their short lifetime, coupled with absolutely no consequences for their actions, some of these misguided angels faces will end up in a frame at a candlelight vigil. Thug life can often be a short one.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:04 PM

The gangs and gang mentality in the Surrey area has been out of control for decades. And, if one looks closely and truly scrutinizes what they are viewing in this video clip, a particular gang with defined ethnic ties can be identified, but if the police were to identify this aspect, they would be drawn and quartered on social media for being racist.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:23 PM

If you have ever read Starship Troopers by Robert E Heinlein {The Novel Not the Movie}
This Author has been touted as being quite prophetic with his storyline.

These very instances that are happening now are among the first triggers of a major revolution.
Reinstated the death penalty, public flogging, non guaranteed citizenship, No voting unless one has prior military service to the country.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
The gangs and gang mentality in the Surrey area has been out of control for decades. And, if one looks closely and truly scrutinizes what they are viewing in this video clip, a particular gang with defined ethnic ties can be identified, but if the police were to identify this aspect, they would be drawn and quartered on social media for being racist.
I noticed that too.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Having had a student hit me in the head with a chair and spit in my face, I have absolutely zero tolerance for this. Public caning. Parents at the same time as the kids. You raise an animal, you get it too. Do the parents first as the kids watch. It works in Singapore.

I still can't believe what I just saw on that video.
Not to derail.

The fact this is more prevalent shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Our present tolerance for gross disrespect in schools is far too high and it only leads to gross disrespect of police and other positions of authority. This is very much a learned behavior and we are normalizing it.

We really need to revisit how this is dealt with as a society.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetalker View Post
If you have ever read Starship Troopers by Robert E Heinlein {The Novel Not the Movie}
This Author has been touted as being quite prophetic with his storyline.

These very instances that are happening now are among the first triggers of a major revolution.
Reinstated the death penalty, public flogging, non guaranteed citizenship, No voting unless one has prior military service to the country.
Interesting you should bring that up, I just finished re-reading that book less than a week ago, (Heinlein is on of my favorite SF authors) and I was struck by the insight and wisdom that is in the book, that transcends the storyline.

I'm not sure if things can actually be turned around at this point though.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-16-2020, 08:10 PM

My father was sure my generation was fast tracking the world to hell ... started with Elvis then the Beatles / hippies / long hair in the seventies.... And now y’all are calling my time in the sun “the good old days”. The fires in California in the mid sixties were in the cities.
In spite of hitting a few bumps in the road we’re doing OK and the sky is not falling.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
My father was sure my generation was fast tracking the world to hell ... started with Elvis then the Beatles / hippies / long hair in the seventies.... And now y’all are calling my time in the sun “the good old days”. The fires in California in the mid sixties were in the cities.
In spite of hitting a few bumps in the road we’re doing OK and the sky is not falling.
You simmer down and quit spoiling our fun!!!
Old 09-16-2020, 08:22 PM

I cant help but wonder if they would have learnt a good lesson had the police responded with pepper spray and tasers. Perhaps a few bean bag rounds thrown in for good measure.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 09-16-2020, 08:49 PM

Worried about our country... what about the world? No world equals no country. What you are seeing is relatively minor in the grande scheme of what’s happening.
A few delinquents punching law enforcement, people walking into liquor stores and cleaning shelves in front of staff, glass shops can’t keep up with break-ins.
Will it get better "NOPE" will it get worse “YUP"
Take it for what it’s telling you.
Good will prevail but at what cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I cant help but wonder if they would have learnt a good lesson had the police responded with pepper spray and tasers. Perhaps a few bean bag rounds thrown in for good measure.
Yep, they would have learned that the media/SJW's/politicians and influencer's would ensure the narrative "Police assault children playing in the street at a block party". Some greasy defense lawyer/activist would show up and make sure that the RCMP "Show them the money." Trudeau would be there for a photo op to hand out the oversize novelty cheque.

Rioting/looting would happen everywhere, and the business owners and taxpayers would pick up the tab.

It sucks, but that is the world we currently live in, fun times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
When they de-humanize the police, it becomes easy to throw rocks at a cops head.

Regardless of what any liberal government says, never ever give up your guns. You or your kids or grandkids are gonna need them.

As for ammo, you need to be able to fire one round, every minute of every hour, every day, for 6 months. I figure thats how much ammo everyone should have on hand........minimum
Old 09-16-2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
When they de-humanize the police, it becomes easy to throw rocks at a cops head.

Regardless of what any liberal government says, never ever give up your guns. You or your kids or grandkids are gonna need them.

As for ammo, you need to be able to fire one round, every minute of every hour, every day, for 6 months. I figure thats how much ammo everyone should have on hand........minimum
So let's see, that's 182 days times 24 hours, and 60 minutes per...carry the three, and let's see that comes to whoooaaa!!

Better than 260,000 rounds.

I'm a bit light, probably only good for two months with your math. Unless buckshot counts as 9 rounds of .38........then probably good for a couple more weeks.

We'll call it a good start.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-16-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Yup...it's all been done before https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_riots