Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 12:25 PM

Default Introduction

Hi guys Colt here, new to the forum. Hunting/Shooting is a huge passion in my life and I obviously have my father to thank for that. I wish I would of got onto the forum sooner as it’s always nice to share experiences/stories/knowledge with similar people.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 PM

New members should self isolate for 14 days before posting.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:46 PM

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for years but finally starting to post in some of the threads and join the conversation. I grew up around Edmonton and now live in Calgary. I've hunted for years and have just started in "back country" hunting.

Cheers
Old 03-15-2020, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
New members should self isolate for 14 days before posting.
Wouldn't want to spread viruses on the forum! Haha
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona View Post
I'm a new member here too, hoping to share and gain some knowledge along the way.

Stay safe guys, stay at home, do not help spread the Corona Virus. Follow your health protocols.

I've been going through this game Subway Surfers and find that some levels can be very challenging. It took me a few days to get out of Subway Surfers online game one specific level.
Atta boy, you must be looking to get your post count up ASAP
Old 03-26-2020, 10:20 PM

Default Newbie to the forum

Hello Everyone,

Just join the forum, excited to be here.
My name is Asher, 37 years old, live in Legacy, Calgary.
Looking to get some information on target shooting areas near Calgary.
Heard about Millarville west on range road, and some other places but not too sure on exact location or even if it's still open for public use.
I welcome any suggestions and tips and where and when to go.

Thanks to all,
Old 04-19-2020, 11:45 PM

Hey all. New to this board. Born and raised in Edmonton. Been hunting for about 15 years and was lucky enough to take a beauty whitetail in 2019 that grossed 186 and netted 183 3/8, Damn book. My buddies are always kind enough to remind me that there is a good chance I may never shoot another that big again in my life, Damn buddies. Been on CGN for a long while and a subscriber to AO for 10 yrs but final got off my rear to be active on this board.
Cheers,
Dan
Old 04-19-2020, 11:50 PM

Howdy new members!
Cat
Old 04-24-2020, 05:13 PM

Default Nova Scotia Shooter

Good to hear that it was not a licensed firearms owner that did that shooting. Anyone can get firearms of any type if wanted bad enough. What a sad story for the victims. A very tough situation for the RCMP as well.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:46 PM

Default Account pending

Hello, I've been browsing this forum lots for the past couple years and now would like to post more. I keep getting error messages stating my account is pending admin approval, and I can find a way to direct message them. Could anyone assist?

Thank you!
Old 05-12-2020, 05:49 PM

Not sure how to get ahold of a moderator but post that in every section and someone will get ahold of you

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2020, 07:15 AM
Banned

Default Hey all

Hello! I figure its about time I make an intro post. I made my account a little while ago but have only been browsing and have bought a couple items off of the buy n sell but I can't leave feedback for the guys until I post more. Looking forward to getting a spring bear in the next couple weeks and hanging around the buy n sell more. Trudeau banned 5+ of my guns so I will have to buy 6 or more to make up for it!!!
Old 05-21-2020, 05:16 PM

Greeting earthlings! Well I’m a first aid, fall pro, confined space instructor, my hobbies are djing, prospecting, fishing. I’m married have 5 kids and 2 grand kids! Don’t have to many people in my life doNt do a lot of this stuff so I came here to meet some like minded people. I’m 420 friendly love love love hiphop funk reggae and r&b but am down for any kind of music that makes my feet want to move! Won’t take up anymore time, that’s me in a nutshell!
Old 05-21-2020, 08:49 PM

Thumbs up Quarantine crazy

Time to get posting on anything and every where I am not new here but haven't been involved that much however have read some great experiences and advice from others, a few funny memes too. I am into modern homesteading, permaculture and a less dependent on Walmart way of life.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:52 PM

Default Longtime Lurker

Hi Everyone,
Ive been following this forum for a long time and i have used the knowledge here to have some great adventures. Figured it was time to start contributing. I grew up hunting deer and moose but stopped while in university. Slowly in the last 5 years i have been jumping headlong back into it. I find myself drawn to a lot more backcountry hunting, which coincides with my job in the military. I have quite a bit of experience outdoors and hiking around, but I'm always looking to learn. Alberta Outdoorsmen has been a great resource for gaining some insight. Im very interested in both waterfowl and sheep hunting two types of hunting that i have never been exposed to. Currently living in Edmonton.

Cheers
Old 07-03-2020, 12:29 AM

Hello there,

Fellow lurker who never bother to make an account. Decided to do so in order to view photos, check out new methods to fishing and buy goods off fellow members

About me:

Avid pike fly fisherman who enjoy trying new things. I don’t travel much but enjoy fishing in my local swamp. I also do spinning rod for pike as well so theres that. I haven’t caught any monsters or even other species as much as Pike. I’ve been trying to catch the elusive Brown trout for 3 years now but either too lazy to travel or have been skunked enough time.

Fly shops always give me the weird looks when I tell them I dont care for presentation and have my own different method to pike fly fishing. Its all in good fun!
Old 07-19-2020, 04:26 AM

Default Just got here, sorry I'm late.

I went on a fly fishing trip in Montana last year, it was fantastic! Now I need to buy all the things so I can do it here as well. I have also decided I would like to try out hunting as well. My uncle and grandfather hunted for years, unfortunately they stopped well before I thought about getting into it. I do remember the smell of moose hanging in the garage though...
Old 07-28-2020, 05:48 AM

Default Hello

Hello i am a new member of this forum.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:32 PM

Default Hello

I am outside red deer love hunting and fishing with the wife and kids look forward to talking to you all.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:04 AM

Default Intro

Hello,

I just found this site in my search for answers on what's needed to convert a van to an RV and where to get it assessed after. I just bought this thing in BC, had the transmission blow on the way back (despite the seller swearing the transmission was good) then it failed out of province inspection.... Did I mention I had a pre purchase inspection done on it?? Got the necessary repairs.... And now I can't find insurance because it's a commercial vehicle and I'm using it for personal use. The easy camping season is almost over, trash humans are out there ruining what's left of crown land camping, and I'm wasting the precious few moments left on this insurance problem. Anyway. Searching the forum on this info as I heard I can get insurance if I convert it .. Can't find how anywhere though. I want the bare minimum as I didn't want to change it at all at least not until next year. .
Old 08-22-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

Default Hello

Hey everyone,

Long time reader of the forum, first time posting.

Love the outdoors, I enjoy hunting, fishing, gathering from the land.

Live in Parkland County.

Happy to be aboard!
Old 08-28-2020, 10:08 AM

Default Hello

Hello,
Recently retired, so thinking maybe I will have time to join in on discussions. All my life in the Alberta north west. I share the common addictions to hunting, fishing, camping, boating.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:22 AM

Default Hello from central Alberta

Hey all,
First time poster, long time reader. This sight has help me fix numerous problems I've ran into so I hope to help someone else on here if I can.

I live in between Ponoka and Bashaw AB, I work up north s a heavy duty mechanic for a mining company, and I also run a service truck on my days off. I'm huge into camping, sledding all over B.C and Alaska, fishing, dirt biking, and I'm going hunting for the very first time this year!!! I'm really excited about getting my first gun and trying it out in the bush.
Old 09-09-2020, 05:07 AM

Hi there! Just joined yesterday. I'm from Camrose and I enjoy camping, fishing, ice fishing, quadding, and skidooing. I feel that this group is going to be a great place for ideas and learning!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2020, 01:36 PM

Default New Member from Edmonton Area

Greetings to All!

After decades of neglecting hunting, sport shooting and firearms in general, I'm hopping back in the saddle and ready to get back at it.

Plenty of catching up to do with regards to all the new tech that's out there now, but I always stuck to the basics anyway.

Mailed my PAL & RPAL applications August 1 so I don't realistically expect anything in the mail till late Dec or into Jan of next year.

While I'm waiting I got my wish list all set, and if I see a good deal on related equipment that I will need I pick it up.

Great forum, good local content and hope I can contribute in meaningful way.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 AM

Default introduction

I am 27 year old girl. I am a workoholc person too.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:29 PM

Default Hello new here just saying hello

Hello all, just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I’m 52 born in BC lived in Alberta since 1990 Love it here it’s definitely home! I've been quading, hunting & camping for many years. Mostly birds as I love love my compound bow. I have been learning to fish and took up kyaking since moving to cold lake last year. With the C19 and economic instability I have recently started prepping. I have found that I actually have a lot of good skills already and make my own preserves and grow my own garden and I’m actually doing some of it already. So I thought I would take it to the next level and I don’t see anything weird about it and surprisingly most of the people I have talked to about it don’t think it’s weird either lol. I was not sure if there were any forums where it would be a welcome topic but I thought this would be a great place to start and hopefully learn some new things specifically trapping interests me.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:32 PM
Banned

Hi there community
Here due to friends' recommendations
Hopefully, all's gonna be great c:
Old 11-08-2020, 06:06 PM

Default Hello

Hello from fort McMurray
Old 11-10-2020, 03:03 PM

Default Fridgeman

I got my first deer ever at the age of 35 last week. I think I like hunting