Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-31-2019, 03:37 PM

Default Red Deer Ice Auger Tuning

I think this has been asked and answered in the past, but I don't wanna do all the searching.....is there a place in Red Deer (specifically Red Deer...not Calgary or Edmonton) that works on ice augers? I'm taking my boat to get winterized on Saturday, and while I'm in the city, I thought I could kill 2 birds with one stone and get the auger tuned up before hardwater opens....

Thanks, Red Deer folks, for any information...
Old 10-31-2019, 08:23 PM

Close to home ..... 7667 50th Avenue – Bay 5/6 Red Deer, under Special Services on their website, it says they sharpen auger blades, perhaps they can tune your auger or recommend someone.

Good Luck

D.

Link .... https://www.sportsmensden.ca/special-services/

Old 11-01-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post

Close to home ..... 7667 50th Avenue – Bay 5/6 Red Deer, under Special Services on their website, it says they sharpen auger blades, perhaps they can tune your auger or recommend someone.

Good Luck

D.

Link .... https://www.sportsmensden.ca/special-services/

thanks, pal....found a place called Blades Power Equipment out in the north industrial that specializes in ice auger tune ups. For $60 he's gonna have 'er running like new (which is basically is) BUT I'm going to absolutely take my blades into Sportsman's Den (I love that place!) for a sharpening. Boat's getting winterized at Boat Mart, Blades doing the auger tune-up and Sportsman's can do the blades.....love killing all the birds with one stone!
Old 11-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Poppa ... I bought some parts from Blades, they have a decent store/shop, hope it all works out. Sportsmen's Den is also a fun place to wonder around in, they also have fresh Pink Maggots available around opening day.

Cheers

D.