Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Default Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain?

Did you ever get an explanation for it?

Mtngiants story made me think of this one.

I was driving to lloydminster on hwy 17 one time, looked to my left (west) and saw what I could only describe as 2 'rips' in the sky. They were black, kind of like a diamond on a playing card, but not symmetrical and matching. If you took a picture of the sky and tore out little diamonds, put black paper behind them that is what it looked like.
They did not move with my eyes, it was not the worms we have in our eye fluid, it was not a weather balloon or swamp gas, and not on the glass. I rolled the window down and stopped, and then it was gone. It was just weird.
I have no explanation at all.

Another one from the early 90's.
I was outside looking north, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a green flash. A few seconds later if faded, and then there was another, brighter one, both in the eastern sky. I made note of the approximate elevation and direction, time etc.

Explanation.
Through a bunch of phone calls I found out it was a pair of barium rockets that were launched, and they were amazed I saw it from so far away.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.