Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Default Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain?

Did you ever get an explanation for it?

Mtngiants story made me think of this one.

I was driving to lloydminster on hwy 17 one time, looked to my left (west) and saw what I could only describe as 2 'rips' in the sky. They were black, kind of like a diamond on a playing card, but not symmetrical and matching. If you took a picture of the sky and tore out little diamonds, put black paper behind them that is what it looked like.
They did not move with my eyes, it was not the worms we have in our eye fluid, it was not a weather balloon or swamp gas, and not on the glass. I rolled the window down and stopped, and then it was gone. It was just weird.
I have no explanation at all.

Another one from the early 90's.
I was outside looking north, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a green flash. A few seconds later if faded, and then there was another, brighter one, both in the eastern sky. I made note of the approximate elevation and direction, time etc.

Explanation.
Through a bunch of phone calls I found out it was a pair of barium rockets that were launched, and they were amazed I saw it from so far away.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 04-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

YUP

When I was about 8yrs old and asleep in my room downstairs I woke up w/ an eery feeling.
I looked towards my open bedroom door and saw a shadowy figure in a cowboy hat.
He kinda looked like a silouette of the wrestler "undertaker" now that I think about it.
Never happened again
Old 04-07-2013, 05:36 PM

My answer is yes. Was another reason to stop drinking.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
My answer is yes. Was another reason to stop drinking.
hahahah awesome
Old 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
YUP

When I was about 8yrs old and asleep in my room downstairs I woke up w/ an eery feeling.
He kinda looked like a silouette of the wrestler "undertaker" now that I think about it.
Never happened again
When my Dad died I had real trouble with it. I had a 6 month old daughter, and I was 26.
I had not had a good sleep in weeks, and was on the couch like usual, about 2 AM. I was wide awake, something caught my eye. I turned and saw my Dad's face, he smiled and was gone.
I never had trouble sleeping after that.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
When my Dad died I had real trouble with it. I had a 6 month old daughter, and I was 26.
I had not had a good sleep in weeks, and was on the couch like usual, about 2 AM. I was wide awake, something caught my eye. I turned and saw my Dad's face, he smiled and was gone.
I never had trouble sleeping after that.
Similar story....

My lil woman's 1st husband died in a car crash when she was 22yrs old.
She said she used to see him through the living room window for a few weeks after his death. Then no more.
She still swears by this story to this day.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Similar story....

My lil woman's 1st husband died in a car crash when she was 22yrs old.
She said she used to see him through the living room window for a few weeks after his death. Then no more.
She still swears by this story to this day.
Did it help or hurt her?

Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Did it help or hurt her?
It scared her at first but she says it felt like he was watchin her to make sure she was ok....kinda like a comfort visit.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Yup.

17 years old, woke up in the middle of the night, big sister was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me.

Thing is, she was at that moment several hundred of miles away, and she was sick, so sick her hair all fell out. I was told later that her fever broke just when she showed up in my room.

It was not a dream, but I don't know what it was. I just know it was her, not a dream.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-07-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Yup.
17 years old, woke up in the middle of the night, big sister was standing at the foot of my bed staring at me.
Thing is, she was at that moment several hundred of miles away, and she was sick, so sick her hair all fell out. I was told later that her fever broke just when she showed up in my room.
It was not a dream, but I don't know what it was. I just know it was her, not a dream.
scary similar.
I was in Red Deer, at a hotel. My sister was in the hospital in Lloydminster with Cancer. Mom died 2 months previous.
I could not sleep. No matter what I did, something was wrong. Watched movies, showered, wide awake.
At 3:00 am it hit me, my sister was dead. I called the hospital and asked them to check on her, the nurse said she was sleeping comfortably. I fell asleep almost immediately.
At 03:21 my cell rang, it was the hospital. My Sister was gone, she had passed a couple hours earlier. (body temp)

There is a connection Keg. I believe wholeheartedly.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
YUP

Never happened again
It's a joke, lighten up....here if this makes you feel better Undertaker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg undertaker-profile.jpg (48.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by 30Cal; 04-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:37 PM

I was dumb enough to buy into religion for a time, still can't explain why I was that stupid, but it was a great experience.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM

When i was maybe 12 or so back in nfld about 25 km south of St.johns, I watched something streak across the sky from one horizon to the other, about the same speed as a shooting star, but the brightness never changed and it had a greenish red colour. I told my grandparents about, they told me it was a shooting star or whatever. But the next day on the news, a guy in nova Scotia, I think it was, seen it too and called the Canadian space agency. They had no record of anything in the skies that night that matched the description.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally338 View Post
I was dumb enough to buy into religion for a time, still can't explain why I was that stupid, but it was a great experience.
>>
"Dumb, can't explain it yet a good experience" Can you explain further?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 AM

Default Gypsy fortune tellers

This happen back in the old country, 12th grade. My mom was obsessed of gypsy fortune tellers so she planned for me to see one gypsy woman for the upcoming final exams grades, much need to go forward with university. Short story long I did not agree with it but to please my mom I greed to fortune my near future. Among other things that may or may not happen (can't remember) gypsy woman told me that I will go to a small gathering with my friends and on the way there I will have a small accident.
Days later I had planned to watch a soccer game with some friends, as we where doing it for years and on my way there ridding a bike I tryied to pass a parked truck on a narrow street. A car showed up out of nowhere and I found myself flying over it. Nothing broken, just some bruises.
To this day I have no explanation but I still don't believe in fortune tellers.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 PM

Default explain?

Every married man should have a couple of threads to add to this post. FS
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM

Years ago I was working the night shift for a local canning company. There was a breakdown in the line so i went for a smoke. Nice night so I was just outside the building on the loading dock. I looked up in the star lit sky, in the southern sky there was a bright blue light. My first thought was aircraft, then it moved eastward quite a distance, no big deal. As I watched it went back west not moving at a great rate of speed. I got thinking, that is no airplane, as I thought this, the light moved back to the east. Same thing, slow rate of speed, now I know this in no airplane, maybe helicopter. Just as I thought helicopter it shot through the sky back to wards the southwest. In a flash it was gone. To this day I have never seen anything like it again.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:00 PM

Experienced something weird last night: My roommate was messaging back and a with a old high school friend that he hadn't talked to in years. They get talking and my roommate's friend starts telling him about another classmate of theirs. For whatever reason my roommate starts telling me what his buddy is telling him about this guy. Before he gets to the end and before my roomate had received the last part of the message, I told him he had committed suicide. Sure enough, a minute latter his buddy finishes typing and the guy had done just that. Immediately I got goosebumps. Very strange.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM

About 10 years ago, a friend and I were hunting north of hwy 55 near Frenchman Lake. He went one way and I went the other. We were to sit it blinds until nightfall, regroup and head back to camp.

While in my blind I could hear someone hitting a log or post against another in no discernible rhythm. It sounded odd... whatever.

At nightfall we regrouped and quaded back. I felt very uncomfortable, as if something was breathing down my neck an staring me down. After a nice super, a quick beer and a movies we hit they hay. At roughly three o'clock in the morning, we were awaken by a loud slapping noise and the entire camper shaking all to hell. I though it was my buddy, and he though it was me but when we met up in the kitchen we both realized it was something else.

We turn on the outside lights, grabbed a flashlight and I loaded for bear. We opened the door and noticed I snowed about 4". We walked around the camper and found nothing. No tracks, no sign of anything but one thing. We found a plate sized rock laying in the snow and a dent in the camper. We circled around and found no tracks, no sign of a vehicle.

What a freagin weird experience...
Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 PM

There is a chunk of brush 600 yards long north to south and 150 yards wide east to west we push for deer every year. Due to the wind almost always coming from the south we post a shooter on the north end and push from the south or still hunt it from the north heading south. The very first time I took my son to help push through it several years ago he commented when we got out the north end that it just creeped him out big time. I had never mentioned to him the things that have happened to me on every occasion pushing from the south end. You totally loose your sense of time and direction. I've crossed my own tracks in the snow several times crossing back and forth and I couldn't explain it to myself. Once I crossed my tracks heading in both directions and not once did I back track my own tracks that day. When you get out the other end it's like a weight comes off you. Now if you head from north to south you never get that feeling or loose your bearings. Two years ago with about 8 inches of snow I cut my tracks on one of my mystery loops. I was chuckling to myself until I saw the big Cougar tracks in my tracks following me. Pucker factor to the nines because you can't recall going that way or how much time had passed.

Last edited by bruceba; 02-05-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added to it
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumoulin View Post
About 10 years ago, a friend and I were hunting north of hwy 55 near Frenchman Lake. He went one way and I went the other. We were to sit it blinds until nightfall, regroup and head back to camp.

While in my blind I could hear someone hitting a log or post against another in no discernible rhythm. It sounded odd... whatever.

At nightfall we regrouped and quaded back. I felt very uncomfortable, as if something was breathing down my neck an staring me down. After a nice super, a quick beer and a movies we hit they hay. At roughly three o'clock in the morning, we were awaken by a loud slapping noise and the entire camper shaking all to hell. I though it was my buddy, and he though it was me but when we met up in the kitchen we both realized it was something else.

We turn on the outside lights, grabbed a flashlight and I loaded for bear. We opened the door and noticed I snowed about 4". We walked around the camper and found nothing. No tracks, no sign of anything but one thing. We found a plate sized rock laying in the snow and a dent in the camper. We circled around and found no tracks, no sign of a vehicle.

What a freagin weird experience...
Man, that really creeps me out. For the past couple of years whitetail has opened early in that area so I have spent a lot of time hunting there (it's only a 20 minute drive from home). Really good hunting as there seems to be a reasonable abundance of animals. Once I rattled a little spiker within 15 yards and another time I nearly walked right into a cow moose who was just standing along the edge of a trail.

Sometimes I'd hike way out into the bush and get back to my pickup at dark or on a few occasions well after dark. After hearing your story I don't think I'll be doing anymore hiking out there.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM

the female species of our race
just cant understand them or explain them ,
and haven't met anyone who can
Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM

Heck ya... I once woke up to a figure of Gloria Gaynor standing at the edge of my bed!!!

At first I was afraid, then I was petrified!!!!!
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Banned

btt
Old 10-20-2014, 07:40 AM

Talking Just a gummin

It was 7 year's ago i was standing in my old garage looking at the floor having a smoke counting my money which i was going to make a deposit at the bank that coming monday,,and i could not stop looking at the floor in the old garage then suddenly i noticed a picture of God it was like a ruff sketch of God itched right in to the wooden floor of my garage ,so i just forgot all about it ,,,,it was two days later i suffered a massive heart attack and died but was revived and was on life support for four days. One year later after i recovered i removed the old garage and built a new garage ,quit smoking,built a small business ....things are good now
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM

Yah every time I go into Walmart I see something I can't explain....
Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 PM

Every night when I go to bed I wake up with these horrible pains in my chest muscles, no doctor can explain why I get them. Had every test and scan possible, doc says there's nothing wring with me
Old 10-22-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Every night when I go to bed I wake up with these horrible pains in my chest muscles, no doctor can explain why I get them. Had every test and scan possible, doc says there's nothing wring with me
Blocked arties most likely,,,a dye test is needed .
Old 10-22-2014, 11:08 PM

No, it's in the muscle, one night it might be on my left side, next night my right side. It moves around. It's outside my rib cage, in my peck(sp?) Muscle. Some nights it's fine. That's what they can't figure out, is why it moves around. If I sleep on my couch, I don't get it
Old 10-24-2014, 08:38 PM

Sometimes dogs do things that I cannot explain.

Came home late last night. Sat down with a drink at the computer to read this thread. Big hound was sitting next to me whining the whole time. So I take the hounds out for a walk. Come back, big hound is still whining. Whatever, I think and go to bed.

I had taken the cover off the big hound's chair, where she sleeps at night, to wash it and due to a hectic work week it took me two days to get it through the laundry. So, she cuddled up next to the bed on the floor. The hounds settle for the night and I pass out. Somewhere in the night I hear the big hound get up and leave the bedroom, but think nothing of it, as she does this frequently.

I woke up this morning and went to my office. I found my Gemsbok trophy from South Africa lying in the middle of the office, ears chewed off, and hide scratched up. It had been previously perched on some storage boxes as I had been moving stuff around, but it was about 4 feet off the ground. Not only would the hound have to scale either the storage boxes or the computer table, she had to drag a mount that is twice her size across 6 ft of office without tipping it over. Although angry, I was impressed.

This will sound pretty humanistic, but I swear that hound holds a grudge and executes a dirty trick with pure calculation. Anyone know what to do with a trashed Gemsbok mount?