Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
I’m relaxed now that I know how the system works. I might still drop a bike off but I won’t go inside. That’s bull****.
That is a great way to discourage people from coming forward to help out. I would leave it outside and call them, not worth waiting around to be scrutinized, for trying to help.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
So why do you care?

Do you drive while intoxicated?

I’m perplexed by people being upset with it.

Never in my life have I ever been stopped by the police.
And I’m 42 years old.

And even if I were to somehow get their attention while driving and they needed me to blow, I’d have no worries about losing my license or vehicle.

But if you do and they catch you, you got no one to blame but yourself.

If you don’t want the heat, don’t start the fire.

Guess I believe one of the great things about Democracy is you shouldn't have to worry about the cops looking over your shoulder all the time and I'm speaking as one who comes from a country where at one time that wasn't true. Your attitude is what facilitated the system and all it's evils.

Grizz
Old 07-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakogreywolf View Post
Sigh.

Both of those links are global news. They have been topics on shows and other news outlets. They are two real examples of how this is a brutal legislation.

Again, you cant or won't try to grasp the gravity of the consequences explained in those cases...

Good night.

As someone pro law enforcement I don’t think this legislation goes far enough.

The problem is not now, nor has it ever been, the fault of police or government when it comes to the idiots who keep getting behind the wheel of a car drunk or otherwise impaired.

Showing me two news articles, whether it’s global or not does not really matter.

People keep throwing around the word rights without understanding what those rights are.

It’s kind of like the Americans flawed understanding of their own 2nd amendment.

I asked you a question and you keep skirting the issue.

In 2019,
With all the knowledge and understanding of what can happen when someone drives impaired or distracted, we still have people who wrongly believe that they are infallible, and keep getting behind that wheel.

So if that is the problem, what is the solution?

And before you answer, keep in mind next week when there has been a tragedy of significant magnitude that saw needless deaths and suffering because some idiot decided he was above everyone else and chose to drink and drive.

Because what will happen is a thread like this will be started and the theme will be that the cops and government doesn’t do enough to prevent things like this from happening.

It’s easier to bash the powers that be, because acknowledging that the problem and answer to the question is a genetic fault within the human species, is too big of a pill to swallow.

People, for as smart as we are, can really be the dumbest species on the planet.

Let me know if you have a news article to substantiate your claims.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Guess I believe one of the great things about Democracy is you shouldn't have to worry about the cops looking over your shoulder all the time and I'm speaking as one who comes from a country where at one time that wasn't true. Your attitude is what facilitated the system and all it's evils.

Grizz
I never worry about cops looking over my shoulder.

And strongly believe our current system is weak and needs to be strengthened.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:20 AM

" Best way for people to protect their rights,
Is not to give them any reason to take them."

All I can say to this ^^^is wow!

"And in today’s self absorbed lifestyle where everyone can complain about everything and it gets sensationalized on the internet and slanted not all facts given and fake media reports online fame it is always possible for people to overreact and believe the worst has come to pass."

Sounds like something some of the queens cowboys and their bosses would say about firearm owners.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-21-2019, 11:35 AM
Banned

This is all getting 100% ridiculous.
This isn't the thin edge of the wedge. This is a whole on wedge. You guys that don't see the problem with being found guilty before a trial or cops allowed to do what they want when they want obviously need to read up on some history. It's effecting every area of our lives and we don't even recognize it. I can not believe the amount of pathetic sheep on this forum.

It has been said that we get the democracy we deserve. Some of you guys are really asking for a democracy that will continue to infringe on your privacy and soon grow to include warrantless searches and private information being accessed. Oh wait, we are already there in some regards.

Don't get me wrong, I am not some tin foil wearing, anti gov radical. In fact, I am far from it. But basic hard lines have been crossed and you guys line up asking for another......
Old 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:

The problem is not now, nor has it ever been, the fault of police or government when it comes to the idiots who keep getting behind the wheel of a car drunk or otherwise impaired.

Showing me two news articles, whether it’s global or not does not really matter.

People keep throwing around the word rights without understanding what those rights are.

It’s kind of like the Americans flawed understanding of their own 2nd amendment.

In 2019,
With all the knowledge and understanding of what can happen when someone drives impaired or distracted, we still have people who wrongly believe that they are infallible, and keep getting behind that wheel.

And before you answer, keep in mind next week when there has been a tragedy of significant magnitude that saw needless deaths and suffering because some idiot decided he was above everyone else and chose to drink and drive.

Because what will happen is a thread like this will be started and the theme will be that the cops and government doesn’t do enough to prevent things like this from happening.

It’s easier to bash the powers that be, because acknowledging that the problem and answer to the question is a genetic fault within the human species, is too big of a pill to swallow.

People, for as smart as we are, can really be the dumbest species on the planet.

Yes our legal system is broken, starting at the top with a PM that was found guilty of several ethics violations, and that tried to obstruct justice, a finance minister involved in illegal trading, another minister that obtained citizenship after her immigration documents were falsified. Then we have the RCMP , who acted illegally in the High River firearms grab. Even the police that were responsible for the wrongful conviction of Donald Marshall and David Milgaard, were never held accountable. Yet , you expect us to willingly give up the right to a trial, when we are accused of crimes? Perhaps you would be more comfortable in a police state, rather than in our country, which is slowly becoming a police state?
Old 07-21-2019, 11:54 AM

Problem with this law is they are only going after drinking and driving. They could care less about someone being high behind the wheel. Not testing for that. How about a mandatory blood test as well. Should be able to check your phone as well. Not hooked up to a bluetooth device and in your reach, seize it.

It's very poor legislation, being able to come to your house later on and charge you is not correct. Having to prove your innocence is not what this should be. I'm not for drinking and driving, I've spent more money on cabs some nights than drinks.

They were trying to stop people from using the I was going home defense. What defense lawyers were doing and making a killing off works this way. Jane has 2 drinks after work, co workers make her do a couple of shots before she leaves. She gets pulled over on way to home. Fails first test yellow , taken to station for 2nd and blows over more than first time. Lawyers argue that she was on way home, would have been under limit had not taken so long. Alcohol needs time time absorb before taking effect. There is a formula that they have . Cops took too long before giving second test allowing her to blow over. Many people avoided getting charged because of this. I never agreed with this but it's been going on for many years. New legislation is trying to stop that.

I think they purposely left checking for any other forms of impairment at this time. Baby steps to police state. Only going after drinkers when they are lots of pot smokers driving impaired. I smell way more pot coming from vehicles than ever before it was legal.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:

In 2019,

Great post E-Town. Anyone who has lost a loved one to some self-entitled S.O.B. who has CHOSEN to get behind the wheel after having a few too many and then claims how sorry he/she is is not going to complain about the slight inconvenience of an extra couple minutes spent on a traffic stop.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Banned

Wow you want even more big brother in our lives???? Jesusssss
Old 07-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Banned

I was just out driving around and guess what I never saw?

I didn't see one police roadblock
I didn't see any armoured vehicles in the streets.
I didn't see any roving patrols of either police or military.
I didn't see any cops going door to door.

In fact I haven't seen one shred of evidence that we are in a police state or going towards one.

I don't see people living in fear of the police or military.

No mobs, no demonstrations, no sign anywhere's that we are heading towards a police state.

I would think that if Canada, was anywhere's close, it would grab the attention of the world.

And then we would have the American's invading us for our oil, like they do in other police state countries.

I don't see the American's worried about the Canadians when they have Iran to deal with.

But according to some people here we are akin to the Iranian's, the Nazis, and the Romans.

Further proof that we don't live in a police state, is how comfy our jails are.
I would think that, if anywhere, this is the place to see it first.

And inmates in jail are looked after better then your grandparents in a nursing home.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:31 PM
Banned

Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)

QUOTATION: That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved.

Yeah.. What he said....
Old 07-21-2019, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)

QUOTATION: That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved.

Yeah.. What he said....

better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6 is a saying too.

often uttered by the types that think they are above everyone else.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
" Best way for people to protect their rights,
Is not to give them any reason to take them."

All I can say to this ^^^is wow!

"And in today’s self absorbed lifestyle where everyone can complain about everything and it gets sensationalized on the internet and slanted not all facts given and fake media reports online fame it is always possible for people to overreact and believe the worst has come to pass."

Sounds like something some of the queens cowboys and their bosses would say about firearm owners.
How did this legislation come about?

Has there only been 1 or 2 incidents of people getting killed or has there been thousands and plenty of other rules and legislations put in place that keep getting ignored?

Why does this keep happening? Why do people keep thinking that they are better than everyone else?

Why do people in defence of their actions, say
" drinking makes me a better driver'
'I'm hiccup ok to drive.'
I'm not that stoned.
I can text and drive at the same time.

Really?
Because no you can not. an no it does not.

People get liquid courage and think they can do things that they actually cannot.
That false confidence, is the reason for this behaviour.

Talk to someone sober who will adamantly swear they will never drive drunk
and that same person will adamantly swear they are Ok to drive later on.

But so long as humans have 'Free Will' you will never solve any of these problems.

We the people, are the ones responsible for our own actions, and in such all actions have consequences,
Whether we like it or not we will always be ruled, because that is how we are created.
And not a damn thing can be done about it.

Talk about rights?
Our rights were gone the very moment one person did something horrific to another person, and others felt the need to be in control and start telling people what to do and not to do.

So yeah, we bring it upon ourselves.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:32 PM
Banned

Etown. You give up your rights, your freedoms, your liberty.. Just keep your hands off of mine. This is a BS law that will soon be struck down. If you cant see the "wrong" in this, I don't have the time or the crayons to explain it to you...

You can also add the .05 law as BS.

You want to know what is funny about all this???

I have a had a total of one beer in 6 months. And you could probably double that for the past 2 years. Drinking is just not on my radar anymore. But keeping the over reach of the Gov down is a major issue.

Always someone out there telling us how to live our lives and when it doesn't work to their agenda, they move the goal posts. This is happening in the USA as we speak and it has managed to get a entirely inappropriate (Historically speaking) President elected. Look how well we as Canadians did by electing JT.

The masses will eventually rebel against all this crap. Thing is, the Virtue signallers , the SJW's will never see it coming. I think it was because on the day God gave out common sense, they were home sick.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I was just out driving around and guess what I never saw?

I didn't see one police roadblock
I didn't see any armoured vehicles in the streets.
I didn't see any roving patrols of either police or military.
I didn't see any cops going door to door.

In fact I haven't seen one shred of evidence that we are in a police state or going towards one.

I don't see people living in fear of the police or military.

No mobs, no demonstrations, no sign anywhere's that we are heading towards a police state.

I would think that if Canada, was anywhere's close, it would grab the attention of the world.

And then we would have the American's invading us for our oil, like they do in other police state countries.

I don't see the American's worried about the Canadians when they have Iran to deal with.

But according to some people here we are akin to the Iranian's, the Nazis, and the Romans.

Further proof that we don't live in a police state, is how comfy our jails are.
I would think that, if anywhere, this is the place to see it first.

And inmates in jail are looked after better then your grandparents in a nursing home.
So how many accidents did you see caused by impaired drivers on your drive? How many impaired drivers did you report? If you didn't see any, then by your twisted logic, they they must not exist.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
How did this legislation come about?

Has there only been 1 or 2 incidents of people getting killed or has there been thousands and plenty of other rules and legislations put in place that keep getting ignored?

Why does this keep happening? Why do people keep thinking that they are better than everyone else?

Why do people in defence of their actions, say
" drinking makes me a better driver'
'I'm hiccup ok to drive.'
I'm not that stoned.
I can text and drive at the same time.

Really?
Because no you can not. an no it does not.

People get liquid courage and think they can do things that they actually cannot.
That false confidence, is the reason for this behaviour.

Talk to someone sober who will adamantly swear they will never drive drunk
and that same person will adamantly swear they are Ok to drive later on.

But so long as humans have 'Free Will' you will never solve any of these problems.

We the people, are the ones responsible for our own actions, and in such all actions have consequences,
Whether we like it or not we will always be ruled, because that is how we are created.
And not a damn thing can be done about it.

Talk about rights?
Our rights were gone the very moment one person did something horrific to another person, and others felt the need to be in control and start telling people what to do and not to do.

So yeah, we bring it upon ourselves.

How many people do the medical profession kill each year. What are we doing about that? How about fentanal?

norwestalta

LC

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-21-2019, 04:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So how many accidents did you see caused by impaired drivers on your drive? How many impaired drivers did you report? If you didn't see any, then by your twisted logic, they they must not exist.
Not sure where you got this from, and all logic is twisted.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
How many people do the medical profession kill each year. What are we doing about that? How about fentanal?
Don't worry about answering my questions.
Or offering any other solution
Nice deflection.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Etown. You give up your rights, your freedoms, your liberty.. Just keep your hands off of mine. This is a BS law that will soon be struck down. If you cant see the "wrong" in this, I don't have the time or the crayons to explain it to you...

You can also add the .05 law as BS.

You want to know what is funny about all this???

I have a had a total of one beer in 6 months. And you could probably double that for the past 2 years. Drinking is just not on my radar anymore. But keeping the over reach of the Gov down is a major issue.

Always someone out there telling us how to live our lives and when it doesn't work to their agenda, they move the goal posts. This is happening in the USA as we speak and it has managed to get a entirely inappropriate (Historically speaking) President elected. Look how well we as Canadians did by electing JT.

The masses will eventually rebel against all this crap. Thing is, the Virtue signallers , the SJW's will never see it coming. I think it was because on the day God gave out common sense, they were home sick.
Ok Jamie.

Show me one time in human history where that has never been the case.

Why have they're always been someone in control, you spout fairytales, so even 'God is in control if you believe in that.
Religion, which was created by man is a way of controlling the people.
Gee what are the 10 commandments.
Handed down from a 'Supreme' being.

As, humans we are made to be ruled and have been since the beginning.
You and me, we are but the lowly of humankind and are allowed to run around only as those in control see fit.

You want to waste your time on this planet worrying about things you have no control over, go ahead.

I fully understand my rights, and don't believe I have lost any.

And by your own words in regards to the .05 BS as you state is BS, is the very attitude that is the topic at hand.

So answer one question if you can.
You don't like this legislation.

Would it have come into affect at all if the people just did what they were supposed to in the first place?

I don't buck the system and have no problems of any type with LEO's, lawyers, or judges or any part of the legal system.

if you feel you are being treated unfairly by the system, then maybe you should change some of your opinions, or at least keep them to yourself.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:21 PM

humans we are made to be ruled and have been since the beginning

Even the Bible admits we have Free Will. Some of us are just meant to be sheep, fortunately for history, not all of us.

What do you think arbitrary breath demands represent ?

Grizz
Old 07-21-2019, 05:32 PM

ET you do have a valid point. "I don't buck the system and have no problems of any type with LEO's, lawyers, or judges or any part of the legal system."
There is the problem the legal system not a justise system

norwestalta

LC

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-21-2019, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
humans we are made to be ruled and have been since the beginning

Even the Bible admits we have Free Will. Some of us are just meant to be sheep, fortunately for history, not all of us.

What do you think arbitrary breath demands represent ?

Grizz
Yes Free Will.

The worst idea ever.

It’s the sheep running around saying the sky is falling.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
ET you do have a valid point. "I don't buck the system and have no problems of any type with LEO's, lawyers, or judges or any part of the legal system."
There is the problem the legal system not a justise system
And if it was a justice system, you and everyone else would begin to understand things a whole lot better.

Because in a justice system the people want the cops to be tough.

Legal system, where you introduce a tough legislation and all the people cry about the freedoms they are losing.

Remember it was a Trudeau government giving us or rights and freedoms,
Almost seems fitting that they would take it away.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
And if it was a justice system, you and everyone else would begin to understand things a whole lot better.

Because in a justice system the people want the cops to be tough.

Legal system, where you introduce a tough legislation and all the people cry about the freedoms they are losing.

Remember it was a Trudeau government giving us or rights and freedoms,
Almost seems fitting that they would take it away.
In the so called justice system are not innocent until proven guilty?

norwestalta

LC

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 07-21-2019, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok Jamie.

Show me one time in human history where that has never been the case.

Why have they're always been someone in control, you spout fairytales, so even 'God is in control if you believe in that.
Religion, which was created by man is a way of controlling the people.
Gee what are the 10 commandments.
Handed down from a 'Supreme' being.

As, humans we are made to be ruled and have been since the beginning.
You and me, we are but the lowly of humankind and are allowed to run around only as those in control see fit.

You want to waste your time on this planet worrying about things you have no control over, go ahead.

I fully understand my rights, and don't believe I have lost any.

And by your own words in regards to the .05 BS as you state is BS, is the very attitude that is the topic at hand.

So answer one question if you can.
You don't like this legislation.

Would it have come into affect at all if the people just did what they were supposed to in the first place?

I don't buck the system and have no problems of any type with LEO's, lawyers, or judges or any part of the legal system.

if you feel you are being treated unfairly by the system, then maybe you should change some of your opinions, or at least keep them to yourself.
Are you on Crack? None of what you said is even comprehendible.

You don't "BUCK THE SYSTEM" So, because everything is fine for you, the rest of the sheep should be fine?

I should keep my ideas to myself because they dont agree with your Sheep like mentality?

People don't do what they are supposed to so we need new laws? Perhaps we should also out law drugs, murder, and being high while posting to A/O......

You make no sense and straight up, I cant talk with someone who cant put together a decent thought.

I wish you good luck and make sure you bend over when you get stopped next time. Makes things easier for the LEOS. They will be doing a full on cavity search "just because"
Old 07-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Are you on Crack? None of what you said is even comprehendible.

You don't "BUCK THE SYSTEM" So, because everything is fine for you, the rest of the sheep should be fine?

I should keep my ideas to myself because they dont agree with your Sheep like mentality?

People don't do what they are supposed to so we need new laws? Perhaps we should also out law drugs, murder, and being high while posting to A/O......

You make no sense and straight up, I cant talk with someone who cant put together a decent thought.

I wish you good luck and make sure you bend over when you get stopped next time. Makes things easier for the LEOS. They will be doing a full on cavity search "just because"

Don’t answer the question.

Whatever you do.

I get a kick out of you guys bashing the cops, which is easier to do than actually coming up with an answer to the problem.
I get it.
You only see things black and white and don’t understand that it’s more than 50 shades of grey.

You don’t understand, because as sheep, they don’t want to listen to the sheep dog, even when the wolves are nipping at their heels.

Next time you are a guest of the state, maybe you’ll start to learn.

Oh wait, no you won’t.
Because sheep never learn.

Keep walking that path you are and don’t be surprised when the hammer comes down harder on you next time.

Only ones checking my body cavity, will be the Aliens from Area 51.

Good luck to you sir.

See you at the next cop bashing thread.

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 07-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 AM

Etown.... how would you like it if the police did a big blitz on unauthorized handguns and made it protocol to stop anyone and stick there hand up your butt to check for small handguns?
If it saves just one life!!!
Don’t answer my question.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:

Whatever you do.

I get a kick out of you guys bashing the cops, which is easier to do than actually coming up with an answer to the problem.
I get it.
You only see things black and white and don’t understand that it’s more than 50 shades of grey.

You don’t understand, because as sheep, they don’t want to listen to the sheep dog, even when the wolves are nipping at their heels.

Oh wait, no you won’t.

Keep walking that path you are and don’t be surprised when the hammer comes down harder on you next time.

Good luck to you sir.

I will give you the solution that will be the most effective at reducing impaired driving, and that is ban alcohol in Canada. Even that won't eliminate impaired driving , but there is no doubt that it would have a greater impact than this legislation. As a side bonus, it will reduce non driving accidents, spousal abuse, fighting, vandalism , and medical costs associated with alcoholism.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:

Whatever you do.

I get it.

Oh wait, no you won’t.

Good luck to you sir.

You know, if we had REAL penalties for drunk driving we might make an impact. Slap on the wrist for killing somebody ? Stopping people at random is a waste of time and resources. In Germany , people don't dare drink cause it's gonna cost dearly and the limits are lower.

Grizz