Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-05-2019, 09:08 PM

I know I'm dreaming, but I'd almost like to see Calgary put an offer sheet in on Marner or Point and if they got one, trade Brodie, Frolik, and Chucky. I generally like Chucky, but don't like the dry spells he goes on, how he disappeared in the playoffs, and just don't think he's worth what he'll probably get. If it's under $8M, by all means, sign him, think it's stretching if he gets $9M, and would rather have Point or Marner for $10M.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I know I'm dreaming, but I'd almost like to see Calgary put an offer sheet in on Marner or Point and if they got one, trade Brodie, Frolik, and Chucky. I generally like Chucky, but don't like the dry spells he goes on, how he disappeared in the playoffs, and just don't think he's worth what he'll probably get. If it's under $8M, by all means, sign him, think it's stretching if he gets $9M, and would rather have Point or Marner for $10M.
Yeah I could get behind something like this, I said after the season ended we can rid of anyone to get better and what we need. Johnny, Monny, Chucky. Can't stop producing at the allstar break. Like them as players but not satisfied just being a good regular season team. Let make moves. This may force Tre hand to do something major. Hard to say.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Does Calgary have their picks to offer sheet?

Bold move. Chucky (as much as I love to hate him) has value. A player like him is becoming a rarity. 60-70 points per season and annoy the hell out of everyone. I am actually surprised Tampa doesn't have a cap issue but I could see them maybe entertaining Chucky and let say Valimaki or Andersson for Pointe. Tampa's d-core isn't getting any younger. I think the ship has sailed on Marner because Toronto has filled their d-man needs and Brodie was probably the biggest chip in play on that deal.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

Bold move. Chucky (as much as I love to hate him) has value. A player like him is becoming a rarity. 60-70 points per season and annoy the hell out of everyone. I am actually surprised Tampa doesn't have a cap issue but I could see them maybe entertaining Chucky and let say Valimaki or Andersson for Pointe. Tampa's d-core isn't getting any younger. I think the ship has sailed on Marner because Toronto has filled their d-man needs and Brodie was probably the biggest chip in play on that deal.
As much as I love the guy, he seems to have lost his pesky ways this season. He thinks he is (and perhaps is) a goal scorer. So disappointed he couldn't bring a thing in the playoffs. Willy would trade him in a heart beat. The whole Testudines thing dropped that love affair.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:

If he gets 9, Point and Marner are worth 12. Then how good does Leon's contract look? I believe it was a point of great hilarity for most Flames fans here.

Bridge him or let him sit until he comes to his senses. Or until the NHL comes to theirs which isn't going to happen.

McDavid did the Oilers a massive favor signing for what he did vs the 14.9 he could have commanded.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
I believe it was a point of great hilarity for most Flames fans here.
"Is", not "was", for me anyways.....but I'm not here to ralk about that.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
"Is", not "was", for me anyways.....but I'm not here to ralk about that.
Lol. Most 105 point guys are bad deals.....
(And still climbing each season)

Last edited by Talking moose; 07-06-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:

They do.

It would be, and I really can't see it happening, Point plays center for one, Chucky is a winger, and I doubt there is a huge desire to bump Backlund to the 3rd line and make Jankowski/Ryan disposable. It would make things interesting though...

Tampa has a major cap issue. They only have about $5.6M in space, Point may get $10M+, and they still have another 4th line guy to sign. And then next year Vasilevskiy's contract is up, and I could see him getting $10M just like Bob.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Lol. Most 105 point guys are bad deals.....
Preach it!
Old 07-06-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
They do.

It would be, and I really can't see it happening, Point plays center for one, Chucky is a winger, and I doubt there is a huge desire to bump Backlund to the 3rd line and make Jankowski/Ryan disposable. It would make things interesting though...

Tampa has a major cap issue. They only have about $5.6M in space, Point may get $10M+, and they still have another 4th line guy to sign. And then next year Vasilevskiy's contract is up, and I could see him getting $10M just like Bob.

That is surprising to hear because I thought Montreal offer sheet'ed Aho as opposed to Pointe because Carolina was in a more vulnerable position. But I guess 4 first rounders is a tough pill to swallow if Pointe is going to make over 9.2. Lets say he is below 9.2 and it is 2 first rounders, 1 second rounder, and 1 third rounder, that is still more than any trade I have heard of in recent years

That brings up an interesting question, what players in NHL right now would command 4 first round picks?

Would you still give up 4 for Crosby?

I think the compensation is too high for offer sheets. I think it would be a lot more fun if it was lower.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
That brings up an interesting question, what players in NHL right now would command 4 first round picks?

Would you still give up 4 for Crosby?
Depends alot on where the team is in my opinion. Ottawa's 1st rounders are worth alot more than Tampa's for instance. So less players are worth Ottawa's first rounders than some other teams. That being said, kind of a general guideline for me would be Kucherov and McDavid for sure, and possibly MacKinnon, Point, Marner, and Barkov. There are better players out there than some of the guys on the list, and if it was two years ago I'd have included Marchand for example, but I'd be kinda ticked if Brad gave up four 1st rounders for a 31 year old. Unless than player put them over the top, then all would be forgiven.

It would be more fun. Alot of guys that are being paid what would equate to four 1st rounders, would be traded in a hearbeat if someone were to actually offer that.

Last edited by Trochu; 07-06-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:50 AM

http://calgarysun.com/news/local-new...5-9d13f7edffbc

Be interesting to hear what they have come up with.

Old 07-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
http://calgarysun.com/news/local-new...5-9d13f7edffbc

Be interesting to hear what they have come up with.

probably found somebody that will lease the building after the first 4 games of the playoffs until the next season starts.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:04 PM

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...l-lucic-trade/

What the F***???
Back in the 80's these two teams would have never traded to each other, now they only deal with each other??
I would have went with Neal another season for sure.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:10 PM

Underachiever for an underachiever. Yawn.....
Old 07-19-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...l-lucic-trade/

What the F***???
Back in the 80's these two teams would have never traded to each other, now they only deal with each other??
I would have went with Neal another season for sure.
The days of the true battle of Alberta are long gone. Last night I watched Dave Browns pummeling of Jim Kyte just to reminisce about when players did whatever it took to win and intimidation sometimes won you hockey games. Now all these teams players fraternize and they all train together in the off season. Those days are long gone..
Old 07-19-2019, 02:54 PM

Default Flames trade

Not sure what to think of this trade. It better be a big retention, and a high draft pick coming to calgary
Old 07-19-2019, 03:04 PM

So, did they throw in McDavid as well?

I can't see Brad doing a one-for-one, oh I sure hope not.....
Old 07-19-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
So, did they throw in McDavid as well?

I can't see Brad doing a one-for-one, oh I sure hope not.....
Oil retain some salary and a conditional pick. That conditional pick had better be a damn good one.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:59 PM

I think I’m going to puke 🤢
Old 07-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Banned

Seems like a great trade for the oilers. Got rid of the worst player in the league. Can never go wrong doing that.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
I think I’m going to puke 🤢
Is it April 1st....WTF.....

I hate lucic worth a passion

Lucic is a bum

Now the shock has worn off, we needed somewhat of an enforcer, but at this cost?

Last edited by kevinhits; 07-19-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:16 PM

Chuckie needs someone to hide behind besides the zebras. Well played Brad
Old 07-19-2019, 04:25 PM

There has to be something else going on here. Oilers retained enough salary for the Flames to buy him out? A really high draft pick? Puljujarvis is included? With Lucic's NMC, the Flames would have to protect him for the Seattle expansion would they not? Surely Brad didn't just do a swap with the Oil only retaining like 10% and that's it.....
Old 07-19-2019, 04:47 PM

YASS!!!!

Edm retains 10% salary. Brad feels this is the ‘missing link’ to provide grit and leadership and protect Johnny and chucky.... win now... $ consequences later.

We can either buy out Neal or leave him unprotected in the expansion draft.

McDavid to Neal.... All Star game.... and Neal’s been training with McD and Gary Roberts in TO.

Good trade boys!!

We got dis now!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-19-2019, 05:09 PM

As much as I don't like how this seems to be shaping up, Lucic did have more points than Neal last year.

And not once, in the last three years, has he been a healthy scratch in the playoffs either.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
As much as I don't like how this seems to be shaping up, Lucic did have more points than Neal last year.

And not once, in the last three years, has he been a healthy scratch in the playoffs either.
Can't help but think there was a riff between Neal and Peter's. There was some heated chats towards end of the season and then healthy scratch, makes me think helped this happen.
We needed more grit so I guess we got that, was just hoping some skill would also come in same package. Oh well roll with it.

Now what do they do with Brodie and Frolik? Package them together and get some skill for about the same cap space? We are running this with still needing g to sign Tkachuk and Ritter and Benny. Ugh Tre has his work cut out for him.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:26 PM

One other point forgot to mention Lucic was obviously unhappy in Oilville so maybe with a new start will show more Intrest? Maybe closer to the player he was before? Who knows.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Trade

I hope both players, do better, than they did with their previous teams, the BOA will be more interesting for sure.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Banned

Calgary's GM is either going to look like a genius or an idiot. I'm very worried it's going to be the latter.