Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Banned

Default Ring Tailed Weasel

It was such a nice day today that I went out and tried to call some coyotes. After I was set up and was calling for about 10 min. I heard a rustling in the grass close by. I turned my head and saw a large brown and white tail disapear under a log. I could not for the life of me figure out what kind of animal I had just glimpsed. Then a VERY large weasel that was part brown and part white popped out into the open 20 ft. away, heading for the call. I have never seen a weasel that was in a color phaze like that, and it made my day seeing that beautifull animal.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
It was such a nice day today that I went out and tried to call some coyotes. After I was set up and was calling for about 10 min. I heard a rustling in the grass close by. I turned my head and saw a large brown and white tail disapear under a log. I could not for the life of me figure out what kind of animal I had just glimpsed. Then a VERY large weasel that was part brown and part white popped out into the open 20 ft. away, heading for the call. I have never seen a weasel that was in a color phaze like that, and it made my day seeing that beautifull animal.
Ermine should be transitioning from winter to summer colors about now.

During this process you might see some very strange looking Weasels but in a couple of weeks that same Weasel will look very normal.

George Bernard Shaw