Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 08:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
This news makes me gag...

As many others on the AO Forum I am a Veteran.
I enlisted in the Canadian Military to basically secure our freedoms.
In doing that I wrote the government and people of Canada a blank check, my life and well being was my collateral.
I Served, was deployed and like many of us, shed blood and have the scars and TShirt to prove it.
I have had my struggles with the Federal Government, DND and Veterans Affairs for compensation...guess they were holding onto that check...

Now along comes this twat Khadr...a Canadian fighting willingly for a terrorist organization who kills and wounds allied soldiers.
He becomes a US POW and says he was 'tortured' (any evidence other than his word?).
When he is sent back to Canada he gets his wounds looked after ASAP and sues Canada for 20 Million cause we didn't look after him...settles for 10.5 Million.

Any other Vets feel outraged and offended, any other Canadians feel outraged and offended...

I won't even start on the hammerheads who support this action based on both international and Canadian laws that should never have been supported by Canadians....Trolls looking to capitalize on a tragedy and travesty of justice. Guess I protected their right too, cause heaven know the terrorists wouldn't.

Rant over...Securitas
Not a rant. Very well put. I really can't get my head around someone like silverdoctor that think this guy is a hero and should get the big cash and apology. Pretty sick in my mind.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:48 PM

There are no heros in this debate.

I wish everyone well in trying to stop the reality on the table.

I am happy with my pension, I may even toss a coin to the Khadr debacle.

Remember what you raise is what I was taught.

I hope some day hatred will end.

Obviously not this day.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Yeah, I have no facts that he's a hero - never said he was, far from it actually. You feeling ok?

Dog needs a run, gotta go.
You are the one putting this arse on a pedistal. Take your weiner dog for a run.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
There are no heros in this debate.

I wish everyone well in trying to stop the reality on the table.

I am happy with my pension, I may even toss a coin to the Khadr debacle.

Remember what you raise is what I was taught.

I hope some day hatred will end.

Obviously not this day.

Toss more coins and leave the taxpayer out of this terrorists reward.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
So at what point does a citizen of Canada cross over to a meat bag that we can torture/hand over for torture?

Does Khadr have no rights?

I don't care for Khadr but our people broke our rules.... this is the reason for the payout.
When you take up arms against coalition forces you run out of those luxuries. I would not lose one second of sleep if he was still rotting in Guantamo Bay. He decided to go to Afghanistan ans fight so it was his decision... There is no geneva convention for terrorists...
Old 07-04-2017, 09:06 PM
Banned

Default i like pepper

Quote:
I've likely spent less time in Her Majesties Service than most on this board. Only over 2 Decades.

I found the employment of children in military service throughout this timeframe, primarily on the African Contintinent.

Children LEARN.

I can only hope young Mr Khadr can complete his adult life in some dignity.

He deserves all of the settlement.

Blame the parents.

Children do not posses the faculty of the aged.

Please live a long and peaceful life Mr. Khadr, I can only hope this for you.

I agree with two lines in your statement.
I support your whole post and observation based on your experience.

But innocence is not age related.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
While I see both sides of the argument when I was 15 I knew right from wrong. Being taught to be bad is no excuse under the law. In fact being 15 doesn't stop you from even being tried as an adult in Canada.

Khadr wasn't a soldier. He was fighting for a dangerous and repressive terrorist group. Nothing said has absolved him nor his family with deep terrorist ties from the crimes they committed.

Did he deserve punishment? Absolutely. Where the Americans harsh. Absolutely. Suck it up when you leave Canada. You should always expect the worst treatment when you leave Canada and break the law.

Does he deserve an apology? Never. Does he owe Canada an apology? Absolutely. Should he get $10MM. Never in ten million years.
You knew right from wrong because your family taught you that. If your parents home schooled you and kept you removed from society and taught you that the sky is purple you'd believe that. Kids and teens are far more impressionable. Especially when they grow up in a certain environment.

Also we failed here because you became everything we despise about our enemy. We as an advanced society went and became the barbarians when we tortured the kid. We are suppose to be the better example, if we can't play by our own rules than maybe we are a shame.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
You knew right from wrong because your family taught you that. If your parents home schooled you and kept you removed from society and taught you that the sky is purple you'd believe that. Kids and teens are far more impressionable. Especially when they grow up in a certain environment.

Also we failed here because you became everything we despise about our enemy. We as an advanced society went and became the barbarians when we tortured the kid. We are suppose to be the better example, if we can't play by our own rules than maybe we are a shame.
You are justifying the actions of every terrorist or "bad" person out there. After all, they were raised that way right?
Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've likely spent less time in Her Majesties Service than most on this board. Only over 2 Decades.

I found the employment of children in military service throughout this timeframe, primarily on the African Contintinent.

Children LEARN.

I can only hope young Mr Khadr can complete his adult life in some dignity.

He deserves all of the settlement.

Blame the parents.

Children do not posses the faculty of the aged.

Please live a long and peaceful life Mr. Khadr, I can only hope this for you.
You realize he fought against the people he is collecting the $millions from?
Old 07-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
HE, is not collecting.

LAW is collecting.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think the person posting releases this.

I do not agree with what may and will be the monetary settlement.

I wish that the participant that is being discussed would have expired at the event,

If this had occurred this thread would not exist?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
I agree with two lines in your statement.
I support your whole post and observation based on your experience.

But innocence is not age related.
Truth.

Innocence is lost at birth.

I also like fire.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Banned

Default yes

Quote:
Quote:
HE, is not collecting.

LAW is collecting.

yes
Old 07-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Banned

Default truth

Quote:
Truth.

I also like fire.

truth
Old 07-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Truth.

I also like fire.

As pawns and no real influence we can complain.

Remember pepper , salt and fire has made some good food.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Default Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
As pawns and no real influence we can complain.

Remember pepper , salt and fire has made some good food.
Right there.

purg for prez.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
brush up on your history. Carter did not meddle in iran's politics.
Who said anything about Iran? Where did that come from?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Banned

Sss
Old 07-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Banned

If he had any honor he would give the money to the widow as a partial payment for the lawsuit he LOST. Otherwise he's just a dead beat douchebag.

And justin trudeau is an absolute tool.

That's all I got to say about that.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 PM

As long as all ends well.

Kinda like the Canadian Way I've often heard about yet have failed to witness.

I enjoy a happy ending.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:09 PM

Whether he was the one that killed the soldier it really does not matter he was supporting a enemy of Canada but I can't blame him for being there if his brain dead father took him there and drove home his twisted beliefs on him. After he got out the US prison system rehabilitaion and education and Canadian citizenship is more then adequate. To compensate and apologize is way out of line.
Any future action since he is now an adult that would implement him in acting against Canada in a violent way jail for life. Best thing for Canada to do is strengthen our borders and stay the hell out of that part of the world. You help nothing and all you do is make more enemies that come back to haunt you later. Every US bomb that falls and kills a father or mother in the Middle East just spawned 5 future terrorists that will do anything to get there revenge.
No country over there is ever going to match a western army so they do the only thing they can to get even they detonate a bomb at a ball game, hockey ect. No one wins by being in the Middle East stay out.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Terrorism isn't warfare? So when the US armed the Jihad Mujahideen in Pakistan and sent them to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan - that wasn't warfare?

Ok, gotcha.
Soviet Union attacked Afghanistan. US backed insurgents/old government .

Terrorists attacked Afghanistan. US backed old government.

Are you suggesting these events are identical?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Soviet Union attacked Afghanistan. US backed insurgents/old government .

Terrorists attacked Afghanistan. US backed old government.

Are you suggesting these events are identical?
I'm not suggesting anything - look it up. The history is all out there.

The US never backed the old government. They literally armed the Jihads in Pakistan to the teeth and sent them into Afghanistan to take on the Soviets. That's the reason for the Soviet collapse in 1991. They essentiall gave Afghanistan to the Taliban.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I'm not suggesting anything - look it up. The history is all out there.

The US never backed the old government. They literally armed the Jihads in Pakistan to the teeth and sent them into Afghanistan to take on the Soviets. That's the reason for the Soviet collapse in 1991. They gave Afghanistan to the Taliban.
Wrong. Mujahideen were afghans. Others over time joined the movement.

US thought the lose group could form a government however it failed after the fact. It wasn't planned to fail.

Sometimes the best intentions have unexpected consequences.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-04-2017, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wrong. Mujahideen were afghans. Others over time joined the movement.

US thought the lose group could form a government however it failed after the fact. It wasn't planned to fail.

Sometimes the best intentions have unexpected consequences.
Take some time, read up on it, they weren't just in Afghanistan. I know it's hard to comprehend, we are the west, we are good - we're not. Watch the videos I posted earlier.

Time to take off the rose coloured glasses, and pour the kool-aid down the sink.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
People need to get over the Khadr thing. Grow up in a warzone then come back and talk about what you want to do to him. There are generations of kids that will never know peace, but we can sit safely behind our keyboards in Canada and pass judgement.

The kid was 15, thrown in Guantanamo for 6 years and yeah, I imagine he was tortured - something the Americans are great at and do around the world - including Syria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
He didn't murder him, that solider was from an invading country and their had been a fire fight. He was a uneducated, sheltered kid that was mentally abused by his disgustIng family. Then we, the civilized world took him and tortured the hell out of him. We broke our own rules on a kid. If anything we should be paying because we became the enemy.
The pair of you should be ashamed of yourselves... Defending this sack of s--t, and his family.

You make me sick. Almost as much as our Govt. does, for going thru with this... Khadr derserved everything he got in Gitmo. And then some...

Omar Khadr was born here, and his parents were naturalized citizens. Afghanistan was neither "his" nor "theirs" to defend... His mother was Palestinian & his father was Egyptian for Christ sake !

The whole lot of them (Khadr family) are a bunch of P.O.S. traitors, using their "naturalized citizenship" to come here and reap the benefits of Canada & Western society, all the while traveling back & forth to war-zones and hot-beds for terrorist recruiters (aka "charity workers helping Afghan refugees" in Pakistan). Even going as far as coming back here to get medical treatment after being injured in a 1992 foreign civil-war !

And you can pass judgement when you pick up a rifle & stand the f-c-i-g post. Otherwise, STFU & show some respect for Sgt. First Class Christopher Speer and Sgt. Layne Morris, and the countless other Allied troops who perished so you didn't end up speaking German, or have a 9/11 happen here.

I guess the only possible silver-lining is that maybe he won't see a penny of that money after it goes to Sgt. Speers widow & Sgt. Morris for losing his eye.

Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Take some time, read up on it, they weren't just in Afghanistan. I know it's hard to comprehend, we are the west, we are good - we're not. Watch the videos I posted earlier.

Time to take off the rose coloured glasses, and pour the kool-aid down the sink.
Read up. They started as all afghans but over time attracted others. Your Pakistani comment was wrong.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Banned

One can only hope someone kills him before he gets to collect a dime.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Banned

It disgusts me at the lack of respect people give those who serve in our military who put their lives on the line every day for our country.

Should our soldiers coddle every kid because their parents raised them to be murderous terrorists? Should our soldiers lay down their arms when confronting young terrorists? Should our soldiers not defend themselves?

This kid would kill anyone and did. We shouldnt be defending terrorists for any reason. Be upset at the 10m payout, be upset at the kid not having his day in court, be upset at alleged torture but stop provind excuses while defending terrorists.

Your a disgrace to every serving member in our military whos put their lives on the line for our country if your busy defending a terrorists action.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spank View Post
One can only hope someone kills him before he gets to collect a dime.
Careful, he is a protected species now.
Closed Thread