Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 06:38 PM

What a **** show................
Remember the twin towers how many innocent people died that day fathers mothers first responders the only thing they were doing was there jobs making a living
To give that piece of **** ten million dollars is a slap in the face not only to the people that died but the wives fathers and children that lost loved ones.
fourteen or forty you no right from wrong
My opinion deport him and his family back to what ever **** hole they climbed out of they have no rights
Answer one question why the **** do people come to canada to escape the terrors of there country then fight to change it to be like the hell hole they ran from
Old 07-04-2017, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Maybe this will get things through your head.

Maher Arar, awarded $10.5 million for his torture in Syria. He deserved more than that. Why? Because the Canadian government was COMPLICIT in the TORTURE of an INNOCENT man. The man was innocent - but not according to the USA. In the USA you can be guilty until proven innocent and even then you may never be proven innocent, and face alot of torture in the process.

Should we as a nation be complicit in the torture of our citizens? Should we bring them home and torture them here.

And Maher Arar isn't the only one. Get it?
If a Canadian commits a crime in a foreign country he/she should be subject to their laws. If those laws allow for corporal or capital punishment or torture than so be it. If you don't like the laws don't go, pretty simple.Kahdr committed murder in Afghanistan against Americans, and should have faced justice in Afghanistan. Since Americans deemed him worth interrogating their forces took him to Gitmo instead of handing him over to face justice there. That was the only mistake! Canada has no business interfering in the justice of other countries.

Kahdr was not some kidnapped little boy held hostage. He was under the care of this father, who was with him in Afghanistan. Regardless of what we think, his father can raise him how he pleases. He chose to raise treasonous scum who killed and wounded Americans. Why are we paying for the sins of the father?
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13mileranch View Post
Never happened. Your knowledge of global events should stretch farther than West Edmonton Mall theme rooms.
Ok. never happened. It didn't bring down the USSR either. My bad.

Guess Hillary is a bigger liar than I thought. Course she was off a little, it was the Carter administration that started it, not Reagan. Reagan carried forward with it, just like every POTUS since..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-BWScpdZw

Zbigniew Brzezinski never went to Pakistan to talk to Jihads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvO3qAlyTg

And the list can go on and on.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 07-04-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
If a Canadian commits a crime in a foreign country he/she should be subject to their laws. If those laws allow for corporal or capital punishment or torture than so be it. If you don't like the laws don't go, pretty simple.Kahdr committed murder in Afghanistan against Americans, and should have faced justice in Afghanistan. Since Americans deemed him worth interrogating their forces took him to Gitmo instead of handing him over to face justice there. That was the only mistake! Canada has no business interfering in the justice of other countries.

Kahdr was not some kidnapped little boy held hostage. He was under the care of this father, who was with him in Afghanistan. Regardless of what we think, his father can raise him how he pleases. He chose to raise treasonous scum who killed and wounded Americans. Why are we paying for the sins of the father?
At some point you're going to realize that this is just in case - Kahdr's guilt or innocence hasn't been proven. "Should" doesn't mean squat, he is still a Canadian citizen and the Americans were only too glad to get rid of the hot potato.

They didn't learn from Maher Arar. They didn't learn from Abdullah Almalki, or Ahmad El Maati or Muayyed Nureddin. These 4 men were actually innocent citizens of Canada - but tortured abroad due to screw ups on Canada's behalf. Harper paid out to Arar - to the rest, he said see you in court.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
When all you make are condescending, ignorant comments what do you expect people to say back?
No it was not uncalled for and you are still just a big troll who just wants to argue to stir crap.
Cat
.....and all I did was ask what you thought the odds of making the sniper shot was which turned out to be "flock shooting" anyway.

Sorry for the derail, I'm done.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Haven't read most of the thread but from my perspective:

BS about "child soldier" International Law does not recognize those past their 15th birthday as a "child soldier"

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...ernational_law

BS about innocent. He killed a combat medic. Combat medics carry only a sidearm and there to give paramedic assistance to personal. US Army medics will and do assist enemy combatants that are injured.

BS about the settlement. Yes, there is a danger that the full $20 million he sued for could have been awarded, but I would be willing to take that chance.

It'll be decades before I will ever consider him as 'rehabilitated'. I, like many, are waiting for the next shoe to drop, and most of us won't be surprised.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
My oh my you are stubborn. Torture or complicity in torture is illegal under Canada law.

Thought you might have figured that out over Maher Arar et al.
But the act was not committed in Canada. Our law dose not apply in other countries.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:30 PM

So does he now get a military pension too. And does that not say Canada paid 10.5 million to kill Americans
Old 07-04-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Terrorism isn't warfare? So when the US armed the Jihad Mujahideen in Pakistan and sent them to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan - that wasn't warfare?

Ok, gotcha.
And when the jets hit the trade towers. Was that war or terrorism?
Old 07-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
And when the jets hit the trade towers. Was that war or terrorism?
That would be terrorism. But brings up an interesting point and it's interesting how it all ties together. Remember the 28 redacted pages and the link to Saudi Arabia over 9/11? Well, looks like the UK is now having the same issue - Saudi's funding terror groups in the UK and May wants to cover it up. This is going to get interesting, not going to be able to hide this much longer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7822121.html

Strange bedfellows eh? Why protect a country like Saudi Arabia? Who's hiding what?
Old 07-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
But the act was not committed in Canada. Our law dose not apply in other countries.
When the US took control of Kahdr, that changed the game. Harper was asked to take him back by the US, guess they didn't want the hot potato anymore - and he became our problem.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:59 PM

If someone leaves to join an enemy force bye bye citizenship... all this "hardship" he endured happened after he was captured durung a firefight... not watching tv at home in Toronto. Rather actively seeking to destroy other human beings. So no he does not deserve 10 million dollars. If in ww2 a canadian left to fight for the Nazis and was captured by the british in a firefight would we be seeking to pay him out? Silver no doubt you have researched this a bit, however i have a suspicion you had a leaning one way even before reading any reports. I think you may have glossed over points you dont like that dont fit your narrative as well and emphasized points that push your narrative. Bottom line he chose to engage in war not representing a country but rather an oppresive organization that seeks to kill others who do not adhere to their tenants. He chose this. At what age is it a choice in your eyes? At what age is your upbringing no longer to blame but your choices are? He chose to attack american soldiers, he could have chosen not to. He chose to try and destroy other humans and was succesful. Whether he was tortured or not ( non conclusive evidence) was not at Canadian hands and he was no longer a Canadian at that time in my opinion. He was an enemy in allies hands. Now as for your great point about new laws being made for this... new laws are made continually to deal with changing circumstances. Yeash even the Geneva convention had to happen at one point.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
If someone leaves to join an enemy force bye bye citizenship... .
Again, no. Canadians have run off to fight with ISIS, marry them, whatever. They do return home - and they get dealt with through the Canadian justice system.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/terr...port-1.3735434
Old 07-04-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Again, no. Canadians have run off to fight with ISIS, marry them, whatever. They do return home - and they get dealt with through the Canadian justice system.

I realize it doesnt happen. Sorry should have made it clear i am wishing it did
Old 07-04-2017, 08:14 PM

15 is not young at all. Why captured him? And why government need to pay him?
It's really a **** up thing. I don't understand at all. I can only suspect it related to certain thing I cannot talk here

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dawei88; 07-04-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:16 PM

His parents took him from peaceful Canada to a war zone to fight and train for a terrorist organization and got him into this mess.

Why doesn't he sue his mommy who is still alive in Canada? His mom who probably still views most of us as infidels and still has extremist values. His brother is living in Canada in a wheelchair from being shot in battle same day his dad died. How much are we helping his crippled brother out with tax money from a injury he sustained fighting for a terrorist organization?

How is his mom still in Canada, why doesn't the government make her accountable for her poor parenting choices.

His mom who walks freely on Canadian soil and is about to witness her son milk the Canadian people for 10.5 million. We as Canadians did not send him to fight for a terrorist organization, his parents did.

Terrorism from Extreme Islam has already changed our lives and has taken from our basic freedom. I cant believe that fear of terrorism actually exists. Several people I talked to were afraid to go watch the Canada 150 fireworks because of terrorism. Born and raised in Calgary Ive never heard of that fear before. So now lets give a terrorist 10.5 million tax dollars to empower terrorism even more.

This is a victory for Al-Quaeda, ISIS and Extreme Islam and Bill M-103. Bill M-103 was created to protect the good but it will also protect the evil extreme Islam.

In my opinion the Canadian government needs to grow a set ASAP, the hard working free people deserve it.

Turdeau needs to go!!!

My two cents, nothing personal and yes I spelled it Turdeau on purpose.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:20 PM

Watch the interviews with his mom and family... They are not afraid to say they are very proud of their family for killing americans... it was a disgusting and shocking interview to be honest
Old 07-04-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok. never happened. It didn't bring down the USSR either. My bad.

Guess Hillary is a bigger liar than I thought. Course she was off a little, it was the Carter administration that started it, not Reagan. Reagan carried forward with it, just like every POTUS since..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY-BWScpdZw

Zbigniew Brzezinski never went to Pakistan to talk to Jihads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvO3qAlyTg

And the list can go on and on.

You tube..LOL how old are you? if I want humour, I'll watch Seinfeld.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

I think you are so far out of reality it is scary. I think you just want a bunch of attention. My guess is you are an IT amateur that lives in a basement. I think there is a song about that.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
You tube..LOL how old are you? if I want humour, I'll watch Seinfeld.
Oh, youtube isn't good enough? Feel free to research Operation Cyclone. It's no big secret anymore.

Thought you were going haying?
Old 07-04-2017, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think you are so far out of reality it is scary. I think you just want a bunch of attention. My guess is you are an IT amateur that lives in a basement. I think there is a song about that.

Ok, intelligence conversation is out the window - so here come the personal insults.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh, youtube isn't good enough? Feel free to research Operation Cyclone.

Thought you were going haying?
Yep but if you knew anything about reality there is a thing called humidity, that's when you stop haying .

I bet you are an IT guy that lives in the basement. Right??
Old 07-04-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Yep but if you knew anything about reality there is a thing called humidity, that's when you stop haying .

At least this week will be good for haying lots of 1st cut still out there. Might have to flip it once but should make decent hay.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
At least this week will be good for haying lots of 1st cut still out there. Might have to flip it once but should make decent hay.
Hoping for Thursday.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:

I'll take that bet because you lose Are you going to keep up with the personal insults or actually put some research into facts?
Old 07-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ok, intelligence conversation is out the window - so here come the personal insults.
You haven't presented any intelligent debate or conversation yet. Looking forward to some from you.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'll take that bet because you lose Are you going to keep up with the personal insults or actually put some research into facts?
Lose what? Already told you that you have no facts or actual evidence to support Khadr is a hero. That seems to be where you think his status is.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:42 PM

This news makes me gag...

As many others on the AO Forum I am a Veteran.
I enlisted in the Canadian Military to basically secure our freedoms.
In doing that I wrote the government and people of Canada a blank check, my life and well being was my collateral.
I Served, was deployed and like many of us, shed blood and have the scars and TShirt to prove it.
I have had my struggles with the Federal Government, DND and Veterans Affairs for compensation...guess they were holding onto that check...

Now along comes this twat Khadr...a Canadian fighting willingly for a terrorist organization who kills and wounds allied soldiers.
He becomes a US POW and says he was 'tortured' (any evidence other than his word?).
When he is sent back to Canada he gets his wounds looked after ASAP and sues Canada for 20 Million cause we didn't look after him...settles for 10.5 Million.

Any other Vets feel outraged and offended, any other Canadians feel outraged and offended...

I won't even start on the hammerheads who support this action based on both international and Canadian laws that should never have been supported by Canadians....Trolls looking to capitalize on a tragedy and travesty of justice. Guess I protected their right too, cause heaven know the terrorists wouldn't.

Rant over...Securitas
Old 07-04-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lose what? Already told you that you have no facts or actual evidence to support Khadr is a hero. That seems to be where you think his status is.

Yeah, I have no facts that he's a hero - never said he was, far from it actually. You feeling ok?

Dog needs a run, gotta go.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:46 PM
Banned

Default Silver --- you really need to

Quote:
Guess Hillary is a bigger liar than I thought. Course she was off a little, it was the Carter administration that started it
brush up on your history. Carter did not meddle in iran's politics.

http://nationalinterest.org/commenta...d-america-8821

Nixon was the architect of iran's western tilt, at one time they were the number one purchaser of american military hardware.

TBD

PS ... regarding the Khadar family, it seems liberal ties go way back !

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...4628/?page=all

What was one of the first Harper policy's reversed by PET2 ?

Something to do with canadian citizenship for terrorists fighting abroad ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09...n_8206798.html

Last edited by TBD; 07-04-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Closed Thread