Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-06-2017, 06:23 AM

Default ice shack rental on slave lake?

Just wondering who people would recommend. was looking to go with reel time ventures but they are booked for that time. any other ideas would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:47 AM

This will be our 5th year there. 1st year we rented southshore....don't recommend.

The next 3 years we rented from roadrunner. They have a website roadrunnercabins.com Only downside is you rent cabins on shore (not too far from lake.) which are nice. They have gas furnaces, tv, plumbed bathrooms, electricity. Full deal. Then you rent their ice shacks during the day. The ice shacks are pretty decent. They supply all the wood you can burn and propane for lantern.

This year February 23-27th we are renting from reel time. Really looking forward to it. Everyone says good things on here.

The reason we wanted to switch is we wanted to be on the ice the whole time. Technically you aren't supposed to be drinking with roadrunner cabins when the fish cops show up. Also although the cabins and ice shack are pretty good the lady you have to deal with can be.....difficult/fustrating/mom. I don't go to slave lake to have a mom come in twice a day to make sure we aren't making ice shacks a mess and give us sh*t for empty cans. One thing I will give her credit for is she is easy to get a hold of. Everytime we phoned her she answered. She answers questions, she has her bookings in order and organized. She runs it like a business which i respect. A lot of the other outfits run it like a hobby....good luck getting a hold of them or booking....Is our experience.