Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 09:43 AM

Placed my first order today. Excited to see them arrive!

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 07-20-2017, 09:21 PM

Just a quick question. I was browsing his website today and noticed basically all the "popular" flys and packs sold out. These restocked pretty quickly and updated on the website or does it require contacting them via website with what you want instead. Just curious as I would like to pop a order through.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by England View Post
Just a quick question. I was browsing his website today and noticed basically all the "popular" flys and packs sold out. These restocked pretty quickly and updated on the website or does it require contacting them via website with what you want instead. Just curious as I would like to pop a order through.
I noticed the sane thing. I had never heard of them until I seen this thread. Checked out the site and like you said the popular ones seemed to be sold out. Hopefully someone can answer your question as I would love to put in an order.

DR
Old 07-21-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Thanks

We have connected.
I have my flies. Thanks Ben.

I have a couple questions.

Are these source overseas or are they locally tied?

What brand of hook are you using to tie. That question is key when thinking of using a size 14 fly to target 6 inch perch, 13 in brookies, 17 inch cutties or 25 inch rainbows.

Thanks and I look forward to using them.

Question for others...does anyone every dab a little head cement on new dry flies? I find trout teeth can cause them to unravel and I find these flies often don't use cement...extra tying time.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 07-21-2017, 09:36 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I have my flies. Thanks Ben.

I have a couple questions.

Are these source overseas or are they locally tied?

What brand of hook are you using to tie. That question is key when thinking of using a size 14 fly to target 6 inch perch, 13 in brookies, 17 inch cutties or 25 inch rainbows.

Thanks and I look forward to using them.

Question for others...does anyone every dab a little head cement on new dry flies? I find trout teeth can cause them to unravel and I find these flies often don't use cement...extra tying time.

Hiya Sundance.

We source overseas and ask that Mustad hooks plus proper finishing with head cement be used. We do stand behind the product we sell so send me an e-mail if you have any concerns.

To England & DangerRanger - we have new stock on order. Unfortunately, we've had multiple delays from our supplier but it should be here soon.

Regards,
Ben
Old 08-24-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Contact

Tried to place an order with my discount code from previous order. It says my code is not valid. Expires 30th Aug.

Can someone from Icky reach out to me please?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 PM

Just call or email Ben, he'll look after you!

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac111 View Post
Tried to place an order with my discount code from previous order. It says my code is not valid. Expires 30th Aug.

Can someone from Icky reach out to me please?

Thanks!

-Confucius
Old 08-24-2017, 09:19 PM

Default Emailed

Emailed twice, haven't heard back. Figured I'd reach out to him here. Couldn't find a phone number for them on the website.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:30 PM

Probably on vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac111 View Post
Emailed twice, haven't heard back. Figured I'd reach out to him here. Couldn't find a phone number for them on the website.

-Confucius
Old 08-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Default gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
Probably on vacation...
Gone fishing I guess...

Lucky! I wish!
Old 02-07-2018, 12:08 PM

I use Icky (past few yrs) and have always been pleased with the flies ...good quality, great price.
Just wondering (forgive me if this has been mentioned), anyone know when they update their inventory? Seems they rarely add new flies and it still says on the left side of homepage under products "New for 2016"? It's 2018 now, hoping to see some new additions to the inventory list this spring? They have most of what I need already (when in stock) but there's a few flies I still really wish they had.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
I use Icky (past few yrs) and have always been pleased with the flies ...good quality, great price.
Just wondering (forgive me if this has been mentioned), anyone know when they update their inventory? Seems they rarely add new flies and it still says on the left side of homepage under products "New for 2016"? It's 2018 now, hoping to see some new additions to the inventory list this spring? They have most of what I need already (when in stock) but there's a few flies I still really wish they had.
If you email Ben, he will probably be able to do a custom order of flies for you if you have particular ones in mind. I ordered two dozen flies not listed on the website from his once.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:

I have always put head cement on everything i tie
Old 02-11-2018, 11:49 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
New stock is on order with new patterns for 2018. Feel free to drop us a PM here on specific patterns you'd like to see.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:52 PM

When do you think you will have the new patterns in stock and available on the site

I would love to see some big pike streamers available if you can get those in.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyFlyWorks View Post
New stock is on order with new patterns for 2018. Feel free to drop us a PM here on specific patterns you'd like to see.
Any chance we will see articulated streamers in the future?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyFlyWorks View Post
Ah Excellent. Looking forward to the new patterns For sure I'll drop you a p.m. with a few requests, worth a shot!
Thanx for prompt reply and happy fishing!