Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 11:39 PM

Default Alberta Firearms Advisory Committe Named

We have some excellent people on the Alberta Firearms Advisory committee.

Former Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson (I've heard him make sensible public statements about firearms before. If I recall correctly he was standing opposed to the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police on some issues, in our favor)
Phil Harnois: owner of P&D in Edmonton
Bob Gruszecki: President of AHEIA
Linley Coward of Bullets & Broadheads Range in GP
Andres Blundell: Vice President Canadian Historical Arms Society
Gail Garret: Vice-president of Alberta Federation of Shooting Sports
Lynda Kiejko: Member of 2016 Canadian Olympic shooting team
Nicholas Lui: Competitive Shooter and Canadian Forces veteran
Teri Bryant: Associate Professor at U of C Haskayne School of Business
Todd Loewen: MLA for Central Peace-Notley
Shane Getson: MLA for Lac Ste.Anne-Parkland
Michaela Glasgo: MLA for Brooks-Medicine Hat
Old 06-04-2020, 12:16 AM

Old 06-04-2020, 04:14 AM

It's refreshing to see that AB's Firearms Advisory Committee isn't stacked with over-zealous anti-gun nuts, like the federal one.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
It's refreshing to see that AB's Firearms Advisory Committee isn't stacked with over-zealous anti-gun nuts, like the federal one.

Those are what I call hate groups: they have an overdeveloped bias against something that they really don't know much about, they are chock full of misinformation and have chips on their shoulders and they want others to share their disdain. Basically the same pattern as any hate group you can name.

Being the victim of a random shooting, while tragic, does not make a person a firearms expert any more than being struck by a car makes one a qualified mechanic.

I recently read a very good comparison on a pro-firearm FB group where a man wrote about how his grandmother, she was a Jew from Europe who had survived the Nazi's and their death camps. He noted that while she was a great lady, she carried with her throughout her life a seething hatred for Germans, even those Germans who were born well after WWII had ended. She could be relied on for many things, but she should not be in charge of what happens to Germans. I wish I had saved that one as it was quite striking and well-written as he compared her attitude to the organized anti-gunners and what drives them, which is hate.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:15 AM

Just what we need another committee courtesy of Kenney!

We need him to stand up and tell the turd and his homey blair, to come and pry his AR-15 out of his hands.

Tell Ottawa, Alberta isn't going to comply or enforce their gun laws when it comes to ownership!

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

We need him to stand up and tell the turd and his homey blair, to come and pry his AR-15 out of his hands.

Tell Ottawa, Alberta isn't going to comply or enforce their gun laws when it comes to ownership!

BW
Well given that Kenney himself is not a gun guy, perhaps asking for advice from a group of experienced and knowledgeable people is a good way to achieve results. It's not going to cost much and it will work better than your photo op suggestion.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 AM

Smile Ok

It’s nice to see firearm owners on this panel,def step in the right direction.and all the laws trues is pushing still have to pass a vote in the house when ever they resume,nothing is official yet.glass is half full
Old 06-04-2020, 11:23 AM

Might add that Phil Harnois (P of P&D) is also a retired EPS SSgt.

There are no absolutes
Old 06-04-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Well given that Kenney himself is not a gun guy, perhaps asking for advice from a group of experienced and knowledgeable people is a good way to achieve results. It's not going to cost much and it will work better than your photo op suggestion.
I agree, looks like a good group to represent Alberta shooters.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:08 PM

Well, I know two of the people on that board, so I can always talk to them. Looks like a good board. As far as how much of a line Alberta as a province is going to be able to draw in the sand, to keep those meddling and malignant ideologues from Ottawa out....remains to be seen. But it's a step. And it is communicating a message regardless.

Whether or not those who are receiving it care...I doubt it. They know they don't have votes or seats in the prairies anyway, and they can rule without parliament. They have proven it.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-04-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post

BW
Some lefty troll posted on Kenney's Facebook yesterday insinuating this was just another expensive committee being stacked with UCP supporters, the reply from Kenney's account was fantastic, noting that the committee was volunteers, these people are doing it out of community spirit (granted, for some it affects their income, but they shouldn't have been financially victimized in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Might add that Phil Harnois (P of P&D) is also a retired EPS SSgt.
Yup, 1/6 of the board has extensive law enforcement experience. Put those two together with MP Glen Motz (former Medicine Hat Police Inspector) and they cumulatively outnumber & outclass Bill Blair and can neutralize his blatant lies, each and every one of them is a far better man than Bill Blair. They're even good men when compared to decent folks, rather than a lying degenerate.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=CaberTosser;4181461]Some lefty troll posted on Kenney's Facebook yesterday insinuating this was just another expensive committee being stacked with UCP supporters, the reply from Kenney's account was fantastic, noting that the committee was volunteers, these people are doing it out of community spirit (granted, for some it affects their income, but they shouldn't have been financially victimized in the first place).

Then Kenney should give notice to the RCMP that on April 1, 2021 their services will no longer be required in Alberta, and that the Alberta Sheriffs Services will be the replacement forces.

Our provincial CFO in conjunction with the new police force will set our own firearms rules and regulations.

BW
Old 06-04-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
X2, people who actually know something about firearms.

Grizz
Old 06-04-2020, 09:47 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Bigwoodsman;4181512][B][QUOTE=CaberTosser;4181461]
Then Kenney should give notice to the RCMP that on April 1, 2021 their services will no longer be required in Alberta, and that the Alberta Sheriffs Services will be the replacement forces.

BW[/QUOTE

Ha
Sheriff’s don’t want to be police officers
They just want to give out speeding tickets and act important
No way In hell would they want to have to deal with the issues that the real police have to deal with
Old 06-04-2020, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Kenney apparently likes shotgunning, he was shooting at Silver Willow a while back, whether he has a PAL or even did any hunting in his youth, I have no idea. But he is at least pro-firearms in his attitude. For the moment at least, it suits his agenda.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Some lefty troll posted on Kenney's Facebook yesterday insinuating this was just another expensive committee being stacked with UCP supporters, the reply from Kenney's account was fantastic, noting that the committee was volunteers, these people are doing it out of community spirit (granted, for some it affects their income, but they shouldn't have been financially victimized in the first place).

Yup, 1/6 of the board has extensive law enforcement experience. Put those two together with MP Glen Motz (former Medicine Hat Police Inspector) and they cumulatively outnumber & outclass Bill Blair and can neutralize his blatant lies, each and every one of them is a far better man than Bill Blair. They're even good men when compared to decent folks, rather than a lying degenerate.
I think it is important that 3/12 or 1/4 of the committee have been members of Canada's largest firearms confiscation organization. In Edmonton three gun stores have been put out of business by city and federal police. And there was that other store in southern Alberta that had police intervention.
Now lets count up the shooting ranges that police have closed.
Do any of these members have a history of defending shooting sportsman from past laws that have victimized Albertans ? Confiscation didn't start with this recent Order In Council. Having an Olympian may further their cause as she may be able to explain how countries that prohibit citizens from possessing firearms have athletes competing with firearms.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
I think it is important that 3/12 or 1/4 of the committee have been members of Canada's largest firearms confiscation organization. In Edmonton three gun stores have been put out of business by city and federal police. And there was that other store in southern Alberta that had police intervention.
Now lets count up the shooting ranges that police have closed.
Do any of these members have a history of defending shooting sportsman from past laws that have victimized Albertans ? Confiscation didn't start with this recent Order In Council. Having an Olympian may further their cause as she may be able to explain how countries that prohibit citizens from possessing firearms have athletes competing with firearms.
Two of the people on this board are gunstore owners and a majority of pro firearms and knowledge is there on that panel .
You sound exactly like the kind of troll that can never see a positive in anything .
What s miserable life you must live!
Cat
Old 06-07-2020, 11:28 PM

Maybe this panel can sell the idea of legalizing suppressors. Given that the turd is just concerned about "safety" and just about every other gun banning western nation OTHER than Canada allows them. Good for hunter's/farmers, good for businesses, good for fun.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Two of the people on this board are gunstore owners and a majority of pro firearms and knowledge is there on that panel .
You sound exactly like the kind of troll that can never see a positive in anything .
What s miserable life you must live!
Cat
Being critical of the people named is important. We are getting close to the last stand of firearm rights and there has been no good reason to trust comimitees in the past, especially any provincial conservative ones.
Miserable life we'll all live if this continues.
Good post gifted intuitive.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Being critical of the people named is important. We are getting close to the last stand of firearm rights and there has been no good reason to trust comimitees in the past, especially any provincial conservative ones.
Miserable life we'll all live if this continues.
Good post gifted intuitive.
I have no issues with constructive criticism in but That post was anything but.
With an attitude like that nothing will ever be good enough for some people and the members on that panel will be nothing but scapegoats
Cat
Old 06-08-2020, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I have no issues with constructive criticism in but That post was anything but.
With an attitude like that nothing will ever be good enough for some people and the members on that panel will be nothing but scapegoats
Cat
Well just sit back and watch what happens then. Firearms owners are relying on Kenney and his committee to save us. Better then nothing I guess...
Old 06-08-2020, 10:02 AM
Banned

Phil from PnD is a great person to have on there, hopefully some real policies could come out of this committee. His store was robbed and he was shot back in the day during that robbery, he has actual experience with an armed invasion, hopefully others there will listen to him when he speaks.