Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-02-2019, 10:05 PM

Default Lordco Auto Parts now in Calgary

I stopped into the new Lordco Auto parts store next to the Calgary Auto Mall at Deerfoot & Glenmore the other day and was pretty impressed by the place. Its in the building that used to be the Sears furniture & appliance store by the A&W. It had a really good selection of all you would imagine, plus perhaps the best selection of towing accessories I've seen in one place. Also RV accessories and repair parts, a selection of inverters and solar chargers, more fluid brands than you could shake a stick at. They even had Lucas gun oil in their selection. I found the cheapest chainsaw oil there that was $8 or $9 for a 4l jug, normally I see it for twice that price elsewhere, that was their own store-brand. I popped in as my car-nut nephew got a job there but I definitely see myself getting in there again. I guess the store chain is from BC

Also worthy of note is that their diesel exhaust fluid was only $14 a jug.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:10 PM

I really like Lordco. I used them when I lived in B.c for a bit and found them much better then anyone else around.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:37 PM

When I was driving my 70's motor home through bc, I became very familiar with lordco.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:38 AM

I've heard lots about their BC operation, go to place there. Seems like a poor place for access, but time will tell.

Grizz
Old 11-03-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
I've heard lots about their BC operation, go to place there. Seems like a poor place for access, but time will tell.

Grizz
Access isn’t too bad, but if you happen to want that access at rush hour I’ve got bad news for you! Right by Deerfoot's worst bottleneck and arguably the most backed-up freeway in town, Glenmore Tr. Best to get in from Heritage.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 11-03-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM

Lordco has over 100 STORES in BC Here in Kamloops they have 3 Locations !

RJ
Old 11-03-2019, 09:27 PM

I use them, get a discount due to working for 45 years for our transit system, but I dealt a bit with coquitlam auto who is no longer and mostly with B&J parts as they beat their prices.

Have bought a lot of stuff over the years, both for the company and me personally.
Oh and rock auto has been good too for some stuff.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:37 AM

Good place. Too bad nearest one is 5hrs south, but probably good for my wallet as the wife gets a discount through her employer.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:44 AM

So is this the Lord and maybe the Over Lord of the Princess? Or maybe better than Kingsway for parts and price? Wonder if they have some parts for my 91 Grand Prix?
Old 11-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Default NW Edmonton

Lordco is coming to NW Edmonton too.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:41 PM

They sell a line of KILLER quality tool boxes, TCA.

Easily as good as a Mac at 1/4 the price.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:11 AM

Why support this company they are from BC you guys have short memories what BC has done to us.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Why support this company they are from BC you guys have short memories what BC has done to us.
I don’t think that perspective was given significant thought. By its very nature, an auto parts company is not going to be owned or even staffed by the leftist environmentalists that have been giving the O&G industry grief, it will be staffed by normal capitalists that drive cars and trucks. Basically what would be called ‘our friends’. Have you ever been to an auto parts store where a staff hippy with dreadlocks and stoned eyes fetched your new alternator from the warehouse?
Old 11-05-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I don’t think that perspective was given significant thought. By its very nature, an auto parts company is not going to be owned or even staffed by the leftist environmentalists that have been giving the O&G industry grief, it will be staffed by normal capitalists that drive cars and trucks. Basically what would be called ‘our friends’. Have you ever been to an auto parts store where a staff hippy with dreadlocks and stoned eyes fetched your new alternator from the warehouse?
My knowledge comes from information gathered from a BC employee. They started with one small store and grew from there, the classic success story.

Grizz
Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 AM

I still like going to Bowness Auto Parts. Always get the correct parts. Kind of store grandpa would have went to
Old 11-08-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
What HAS ? BC really done to you ? RJ
Old 11-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I still like going to Bowness Auto Parts. Always get the correct parts. Kind of store grandpa would have went to
Can't argure with that! Been a fews years since I have delt with them. They knew their stuff. Never had a problem over the first 30+ years.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff