Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Several of the “shotgun only” guys that I’ve talked with say they are getting tired of attempts to scare them onside.
I do not understand what they are doing to be considered offside. Is shooting a bad thing now ? Is ignoring the stupidity coming out of Ottawa offside ?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I dont care I dont own any shotguns. What do you need a shotgun with over a 20mm bore for anyway. Those are just designed to saw off so you can kill people.

I hope the sarcasm font is working
Not sure if that sarcasm was made because of what I posted or not. But if it was you got me wrong.
Actually got into an argument on Facebook with know it all that told me “what do you need a shotgun for to hunt ducks? I use a 22” . I told him that’s not ethical or legal. Then he came back to say that “lead shot is killing the ducks and geese”. I told him he shouldn’t be admitting to breaking laws on social media and stop lying about being a hunter. Never heard anymore from that guy.

Last edited by michaelmicallef; 06-03-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I dont care I dont own any shotguns. What do you need a shotgun with over a 20mm bore for anyway. Those are just designed to saw off so you can kill people.

I hope the sarcasm font is working
I hope your post was prompted by what I posted. If it was you got me wrong.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:49 PM

Default No not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
Not sure if that sarcasm was made because of what I posted or not. But if it was you got me wrong.
No my post was not aimed at anyone. I was just trying to be funny. I used to be in the camp of not liking restricted firearms because they dont appeal to me. Then a couple wise people on this forum presented some great arguments to get me in the camp of all firearms owners need to be united.

So basically I was making fun of myself to an extent. Sorry if it seemed aimed at you

That being said if AR15's were permitted in a gopher patch I would have one in a second.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
No my post was not aimed at anyone. I was just trying to be funny. I used to be in the camp of not liking restricted firearms because they dont appeal to me. Then a couple wise people on this forum presented some great arguments to get me in the camp of all firearms owners need to be united.

So basically I was making fun of myself to an extent. Sorry if it seemed aimed at you

That being said if AR15's were permitted in a gopher patch I would have one in a second.
I was in the same camp. But that idea change thanks to the great points made by many folks on this forum. We certainly do have to stick together as firearms owners. I will certainly do my part to fight for what’s fair no matter what firearms are targeted by the libs. It is very clear that all firearms owners are at risk of more legislation. It’s not about what kind of firearm you own anymore.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmicallef View Post
I called the Canadian firearms branch and they said that shotguns are not banned. Even gave them the model and make of my 3 semiautos and was told they are fine. So I am not worrying about it until I have to. I will be duck hunting with them this fall.
I would not be scheduling time off or getting pumped for that the way things are going.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:46 AM

The person you talked to at the CFP was F.O.S, they have banned some shotguns since the OIC was announced, granted, not your average hunting shotguns. Blair will not commit to getting the OIC reworded or the firearms act amended or the RCMP and CBSA measurement definitions fixed either, he's been called out in the HOC twice this week on that, dodged answering and lied in his answers to the HOC to boot. It's all on video.