Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-23-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The point that I was making in my earlier posts, is that with prices that high, they are greatly limiting their market . If they are having financial issues, then either they have no clue how to run a business, or they simply are not selling enough rifles. If they aren't selling enough to pay the bills, then either they need to sell more rifles, or charge even more per rifle, which will even further limit their market. Unless they come up with something truly unique, or revolutionary in design, they won't get enough people willing to pay the price for them to make a good profit.
According to the latest updates they are not in financial trouble at all, and the initial reporting was wrong.

Cat
Old 05-23-2020, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Tikka T1x rifles do shoot well, generally under 1/2 " at 50 yards , which is moa, not 1/2 moa. Now if you have one that shoots 1/2moa, that is by far the exception. As to resale, if my rifle is only worth 50% of what it cost me, I have spent $2000 to use it for this long, if your Gunwerks is still worth 75% of what you paid, you are still out more than that. People aren't going to pay more than 75% of new for a well used Gunwerks, if they are willing to spend that much, they will just buy new. As for shotguns, there is a reason that people buy semi autos for waterfowl, the recoil is greatly reduced over a pump action, which really helps getting to the next target with heavy waterfowl loads. At to my choice of SxS shotguns for upland birds, they are far lighter than an 870, for carrying all day, but they also offer a instant choice of two chokes. But while it's easy to find a reliable cheap pump action shotgun, you don't usually find reliable cheap SxS shotguns, with properly regulated barrels. With either a semi auto or SxS shotgun, you are getting something entirely different in design, not just a more expensive pump action. And then of course fit comes into the picture, and fit is very important with shotguns, in comparison to rifles. An 870 won't fit everyone, and if it doesn't fit, you won't shoot it well.
With bolt action rifles, especially the higher end rifles, the design is very similar, so you aren't getting something entirely different for the extra money.

You don’t know much about gunwerks do you? If you did you would know how much innovation they put into their stock design which separates their rifles from other rifles. Flat, in line bottom on the butt to slide straight back on a bag, a shelf for your thumb to rest on to promote proper grip, a built in picatinny rail for a bipod, quick detach sling studs built into the carbon fiber stock, then you have their ring/mounts with a built in level, their custom muzzle brake, oversized trigger guard if you have gloves on, and a guarantee. You’re bashing something you don’t know the facts on. $5000 for load data....... well there is a whole lot more to it than that.

If you build a custom with titanium action, proof carbon fiber barrel, top end trigger, titanium muzzle break, picatinny rail, carbon fiber stock, premium ring/mounts, premium gun case, neoprene scope sleeve and gunsmithing you’re looking at $7k+ with no load data, no guarantee and no barrel replacement warranty. Some people see value in those things.

Gunwerks is a total package specifically designed for long range accuracy, it’s not just expensive parts pieced together. It’s design promotes accuracy and an accurate form for the shooter.

A Vudoo is a sweet rimfire, but it doesn’t have the focus on proper shooter form that gunwerks does. You don’t see it because you don’t want to see it. Justifying spending $4k on a little toy plinker while bashing a $10k hunting “system” is quite comical.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
According to the latest updates they are not in financial trouble at all, and the initial reporting was wrong.

Cat
I see two media releases days apart, two sides to the story, is one correct, is the other correct, or is the truth somewhere on between?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:04 AM

You guys are all clearly full of feces. Wasting your money on Vudoo-Gunwerks-Custom yadda yaddas.

If any of you had a bloody clue, you would buy a gently used Tikka rifle, a reliable shotgun of your choice, and a black lab pup from a top breeding for $2500. Then when ready, send him to be trained by a good pro trainer for 6 months, and you will have the dog of your dreams that will create a helluva lot more memories than a chunk of metal and fiberglass.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Last edited by sns2; 05-23-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
I see two media releases days apart, two sides to the story, is one correct, is the other correct, or is the truth somewhere on between?

Here’s a statement from gunwerks, doesn’t sound like they are too worried.

https://www.gunwerks.com/blog/press-...litigation-225
Old 05-23-2020, 11:08 AM

My real point is that these are all toys. Why argue over personal preferences?

As I read this, the smartest guy may be Marky Mark because he is spending his cash going to Russia to hunt moose, creating priceless memories. But again, that statement is based on MY likes.

Thanks everyone for not lobbing any real insults!!!

Now, back to the argument at hand...
Old 05-23-2020, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
The point that I was making in my earlier posts, is that with prices that high, they are greatly limiting their market . If they are having financial issues, then either they have no clue how to run a business, or they simply are not selling enough rifles. If they aren't selling enough to pay the bills, then either they need to sell more rifles, or charge even more per rifle, which will even further limit their market. Unless they come up with something truly unique, or revolutionary in design, they won't get enough people willing to pay the price for them to make a good profit.
Is this now a lesson about how to run their business based off of chuck posting apparent fake news?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed1 View Post
LOL I could probably go shot for shot against your best big game gun wearing your best scope with my 450$ dollar savage with a 250$ scope. Last weekend I was shooting 1.5" 500 yds groups. That's right multiple groups at under 2" at 500....
When you make a statement like this, you really should have pics ready to post because most won't believe it unless they see it, and others will think you are lying. I'm not calling you a liar, so don't go there. But, I know many of us who cannot afford the gun of our dreams would love to see pics of a $400 gun going toe to toes with a $4000 custom.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You guys are all clearly full of feces. Wasting your money on Vudoo-Gunwerks-Custom yadda yaddas.

If any of you had a bloody clue, you would buy a gently used Tikka rifle, a reliable shotgun of your choice, and a black lab pup from a top breeding for $2500. Then when ready, send him to be trained by a good pro trainer for 6 months, and you will have the dog of your dreams that will create a helluva lot more memories than a chunk of metal and fiberglass.

But then I would be stuck with a lab. Better to let you pay the $2500, and you pay to have him trained, and I will stick to providing fields to hunt, where that lab can retrieve birds. Meanwhile, I will have my DD for upland hunting.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
But then I would be stuck with a lab. Better to let you pay the $2500, and you pay to have him trained, and I will stick to providing fields to hunt, where that lab can retrieve birds. Meanwhile, I will have my DD for upland hunting.
My pup was $2500, but I can't afford the pro, so I find outstanding training partners to work with. I will take my boy out twice today

Last edited by sns2; 05-23-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
One is never " stuck" if they choose a lab ,
Cat
Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
One is never " stuck" if they choose a lab ,
Cat
I have the best of both worlds, my own DD for upland birds, and two hunting partners with labs for waterfowl hunting. We have every situation covered.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 AM

At least I'm not the only wingnut in the crowd who likes financially impractical guns. It's no different than someone asking if they'll save money reloading or what their name beside a big buck in a record book means to anyone in 50 yrs, or whether a 30-06 is a better gun than a .22lr or a 12ga. And then we all go out and expend ammo down range, it's just burning money, a perfectly normal human endeavour. One guy burns up a case of surplus ammo a month, another burns up the same value in a 50BMG in a day, another buys a jacked up pickup, another buys a Maserati, another buys a surplus jeep to fix up. And someone passes them all in a VW bug and don't give a damn about what they are doing or who they are.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I am with you on the dog. Even an untrained mutt will create more memories than “metal and fibreglass”. But if you are spending the kind of money they are discussing here, you can afford both the dog and the gun.

Cute little bugger.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
When you make a statement like this, you really should have pics ready to post because most won't believe it unless they see it, and others will think you are lying. I'm not calling you a liar, so don't go there. But, I know many of us who cannot afford the gun of our dreams would love to see pics of a $400 gun going toe to toes with a $4000 custom.
Sorry don t have pics. The rifle is a savage 11 in 243 with diy muzzle brake shooting hornady 87 gr vmax. Shooting prone with vanguard porta-aim front rest ( rifle rested just in front of mag well and rear squeeze bag. Target was a 2" steel round gong. Only fired 3 3shot groups but never missed one shot at lazered 500yds

Obviously I can't shoot that well every time out ( had a really good day) but the rifle is definitely capable
Old 05-23-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I have never understood how internet pictures prove a person isn’t posting BS. Can you tell from a picture how far a group has been shot at ? If you are a BS’er, are you above posting a 500 yd group shot at 75 ?

I know nothing about rifle shooting or groups, so please excuse my ignorance.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
I have never understood how internet pictures prove a person isn’t posting BS. Can you tell from a picture how far a group has been shot at ? If you are a BS’er, are you above posting a 500 yd group shot at 75 ?

I know nothing about rifle shooting or groups, so please excuse my ignorance.
You are right. We are living in a world where everything is possible.

When I say something like I did to Obsessed1, I am trying to spare him grief, not prove him wrong.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
At least I'm not the only wingnut in the crowd who likes financially impractical guns. It's no different than someone asking if they'll save money reloading or what their name beside a big buck in a record book means to anyone in 50 yrs, or whether a 30-06 is a better gun than a .22lr or a 12ga. And then we all go out and expend ammo down range, it's just burning money, a perfectly normal human endeavour. One guy burns up a case of surplus ammo a month, another burns up the same value in a 50BMG in a day, another buys a jacked up pickup, another buys a Maserati, another buys a surplus jeep to fix up. And someone passes them all in a VW bug and don't give a damn about what they are doing or who they are.
Man, this is AO. Why you trying to spew common sense???? Sheesh
Old 05-23-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I have outshot quite a few custom guns with a few of my accurized ( factory guns) but I'd suspect in general it's more to do with the shooter. Around here lots of people think spending money will make them better shots. But a factory rifle that can shoot as well as a custom is not impossible. That said my gun is not comparable in any way other than accuracy to a custom. I have had the opportunity to shoot along side some really good shooters. Specifically state side.

If I had the resource I'd but a gunwerks in a heartbeat...

Last edited by obsessed1; 05-23-2020 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:

Sarcasm ? So that's how you get the facts out. Great example. GoodNess.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You don’t know much about gunwerks do you? If you did you would know how much innovation they put into their stock design which separates their rifles from other rifles. Flat, in line bottom on the butt to slide straight back on a bag, a shelf for your thumb to rest on to promote proper grip, a built in picatinny rail for a bipod, quick detach sling studs built into the carbon fiber stock, then you have their ring/mounts with a built in level, their custom muzzle brake, oversized trigger guard if you have gloves on, and a guarantee. You’re bashing something you don’t know the facts on. $5000 for load data....... well there is a whole lot more to it than that.

If you build a custom with titanium action, proof carbon fiber barrel, top end trigger, titanium muzzle break, picatinny rail, carbon fiber stock, premium ring/mounts, premium gun case, neoprene scope sleeve and gunsmithing you’re looking at $7k+ with no load data, no guarantee and no barrel replacement warranty. Some people see value in those things.

Gunwerks is a total package specifically designed for long range accuracy, it’s not just expensive parts pieced together. It’s design promotes accuracy and an accurate form for the shooter.

A Vudoo is a sweet rimfire, but it doesn’t have the focus on proper shooter form that gunwerks does. You don’t see it because you don’t want to see it. Justifying spending $4k on a little toy plinker while bashing a $10k hunting “system” is quite comical.

Another prospective!