Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-20-2020, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
I am not quite sure if I agree with that. I have also had my postings removed because I discussed how I used to carry my .22 on my bicycle through small town Saskatchewan in 1974. There was no existing municipal or Provincial rule applicable at that time that I am aware of.
Did you ask any of the moderators online at the time why, because they would be the only ones that would know for sure .
Cat
Old 05-20-2020, 11:51 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
"...because of illegal and harassing action by Police." a profound statement that needs further discussion. These actions by Police seldom get discussed in open forums. I initiated a discussion about a hunter walking from his house down a country road to a hunting area. First he was harassed by the RCMP and then removed from the road by a Fish and Wildlife Officer. The discussion was removed from this Forum. "If we don't start pushing back effectively..." has to be thought as "We have to push back effectively..." but when Forums suppress these discussions they support Police actions.
Forums only suppress these threads when it turns into a poop show and does nothing to benefit the hunting, shooting or outdoors community.

There is a million other forums that just let'er buck so visit those ones....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-21-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Forums only suppress these threads when it turns into a poop show and does nothing to benefit the hunting, shooting or outdoors community.

There is a million other forums that just let'er buck so visit those ones....
The Mods here do a fabulous job of keeping things clean here and I applaud them.

Unfortunately, a large number of the general population has been manipulated to believe that lawful firearms owners and users should be lumped in with criminals.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
The Mods here do a fabulous job of keeping things clean here and I applaud them.

Unfortunately, a large number of the general population has been manipulated to believe that lawful firearms owners and users should be lumped in with criminals.
agree and that is why we must keep our conversations civil.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:42 AM

My father years ago was basically like Andy Griffith. Was chief of police. Everybody liked him. Police years ago where part of the community.
Now a days if they use common sense they are accused of profiling.
Stupid, excessive laws where only enforced if the officer thought it was benefiting the community.
They wore blue instead of black. Revolvers where carried in a flap holster. They didn't want to look like a army that was occupying an area.
The Mayor was implying to my dad that since they were not issuing many tickets that maybe they didn't need so many police officers. So then they started issuing warnings to show that they were working.
Then the town came up with an idea to punish them and to save money. They replaced one of the patrol cars with a police bike.
It was a fancy Kawasaki 1100 if I remember right. They all refused to drive it. They thought it was something a kid would ride on.
When I see modern police on bicycles and flac jackets,dressed in black,gun belts etc I just shake my head because I know what my dad would have thought.
I guess times are different now. There was no real crime years ago. Drugs like meth where not around.People where different and I guess the police where to.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:56 AM

The good old days and I miss them.
It’s not us that went bad. It was our leaders.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:12 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
My father years ago was basically like Andy Griffith. Was chief of police. Everybody liked him. Police years ago where part of the community.
Now a days if they use common sense they are accused of profiling.
Stupid, excessive laws where only enforced if the officer thought it was benefiting the community.
They wore blue instead of black. Revolvers where carried in a flap holster. They didn't want to look like a army that was occupying an area.
The Mayor was implying to my dad that since they were not issuing many tickets that maybe they didn't need so many police officers. So then they started issuing warnings to show that they were working.
Then the town came up with an idea to punish them and to save money. They replaced one of the patrol cars with a police bike.
It was a fancy Kawasaki 1100 if I remember right. They all refused to drive it. They thought it was something a kid would ride on.
When I see modern police on bicycles and flac jackets,dressed in black,gun belts etc I just shake my head because I know what my dad would have thought.
I guess times are different now. There was no real crime years ago. Drugs like meth where not around.People where different and I guess the police where to.
and it was police like your dad that kept me in line along the way so thank him for that please...

Old 05-21-2020, 10:39 AM

6 of them ... they were wetting themselves over a hard take down ha ha ... in the late 60's til 71 or so we used to as kids walk through wildwood in calgary across sarcee trail to shoot gophers in and around stu harts land in the day ... some kids got roughed up by the hart kids when caught on their land ... other times we shot gophers in edworthy park and the off leash area there ... never a sneeze by the law