Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM

Gaga often winds up in rotation at our house (a house headed by not one, but two, 80's metalheads). #1 son is mostly into industrial metal, but doesn't mind a little Gaga in the mix. Around here, Gaga falls into the "good tunes" category.

David Bowie survived his "Ziggy Stardust" days, and I'm sure Gaga will make it through her flamboyant days and earn a little respect.

"Born This Way" (which I love) reminds me of Madonna, but better than Madonna ever was.

I like you Boberama. I find you complex and interesting. Many of us are pretty simple to understand (though not simple minded, by any means). It is nice to have someone around who is a bit more of a puzzle.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post

"Born This Way" (which I love) reminds me of Madonna, but better than Madonna ever was

I like you Boberama. I find you complex and interesting. Many of us are pretty simple to understand (though not simple minded, by any means). It is nice to have someone around who is a bit more of a puzzle.
she does a good job on a few songs, and I have to admit, boberama is an Egnima for sure!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I can't believe I shaved my legs for this.

It's not a case of wrong forum, it's a case of wrong planet.

Those dogs found my stash of Forty Creek

Hey Bobby, you hunt?
Why,are you brave enough to share a tent with him?
Maybe show him your "secret" spot?
Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 AM

I didn't read the whole thread, so this might have been already said.

Bob, you are on an outdoorsmen/women forum. It has been made abundantly clear that nobody cares about your music, yet you continue to make threads about it. Go to a music forum and post away.

Either make threads that are somewhat close to the intended purpose of this forum, or leave. How would the people from your gaga forum feel if I started threads about what knife to use to skin a deer, or filet a fish? I would not be welcome. Please get with the program.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbAngler View Post
Either make threads that are somewhat close to the intended purpose of this forum, or leave. ..... Please get with the program.
Give it up with your useless fraidy cat threats guys.
Music has a long history on this forum.
Say you don't like it and move along.

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=93165
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=83391
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=86793
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=85557
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=85560
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 AM

Nice to have someone with a different opinion here. I don't like Gaga but some music i enjoy would not be enjoyable to others. Many telling him to quit posting his opinions on his interests. It is a "general discussion" that i thought was here to cover interests that are not part of the other category's. Musical taste is as fitting in this category as many of the other topics that are posted here. Look at some of the other topics, they are no closer to outdoors stuff than Gaga. We all listen to music and that's good enough for me. Over and over we tell someone to stop posting their thought's/beliefs. More apt would be to stop replying or just quit reading what is posted by the individual rather than knocking them. Last but not least if someone is really "grating" you use the ignore button rather than being so negative, way to much of that stuff on here.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Bob, you are on an outdoorsmen/women forum. It has been made abundantly clear that nobody cares about your music, yet you continue to make threads about it. Go to a music forum and post away.

Either make threads that are somewhat close to the intended purpose of this forum, or leave. How would the people from your gaga forum feel if I started threads about what knife to use to skin a deer, or filet a fish? I would not be welcome. Please get with the program.
We have had at least three threads in the last couple of years where forum members were looking for music recommendations for their iPods (in one case the iPod was a gift for the poster's wife). Music has been an accepted topic in several other threads as well. We have even had one member share his own songs with us.

A wide range of general topics have been posted in the general forum. If you are not prepared to read general posts, perhaps you should avoid the general forum?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:29 AM

I hear what you're saying, but this is a bit different. Ok, alot different. I will use the ignore button for the first time.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Actually this is GD. General Discussion. Open forum. Open discussion. If he had posted in say the Fishing Forum then maybe an issue. It is kind of amusing and I don't think he is trolling. Have at er.

You want to see interesting in GD. Spend some time on AR15.com
Those guys seem to think that we get our milk in bags and are fixated on it. Pretty funny.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

I like milk-bags....
Just sayin'...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
Steve, haven't seen you on here much the last while. Busy fishing I hope!
Busy, yes; fishing, not so much...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck12 View Post
Actually this is GD. General Discussion. Open forum. Open discussion. If he had posted in say the Fishing Forum then maybe an issue. It is kind of amusing and I don't think he is trolling. Have at er.

You want to see interesting in GD. Spend some time on AR15.com
Those guys seem to think that we get our milk in bags and are fixated on it. Pretty funny.
I believe that is an ontario thing....maybe I am wrong..??
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
I like milk-bags....
Just sayin'...
who doesn't? Lol
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

Not sure what the issue is, the OP posted an artist he likes, and some of us gave constructive critiscm and opinions on it, and some - well, not so much!
However, at the end of the day, there will never be an artrist that EVERYBODY likes.......
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 06-07-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Right on! I look forward to a similar smack on the wrist from you when someone starts a thread on immigration, equalization, Quebec politics, car repair advice, employment searches, the CBC, and hockey.

Just recently some guy was writing about abscess teeth for goodness sake!
"Depending how far along it is, they may just drill it out (root canal). If its really bad, they'll pull it. Don't mess around though, its infected and could get REALLY bad if left untreated.

There is some stuff you can put on it to numb it a bit, but it doesn't work that well. I had one last year and just popped pain pills with antibiotics until the infection went away. Then it was root canal. "
Geezzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

I'd rather get a root canal done than listen to some of the music that people recommend listening to...........

Ya gotta love these rain days off.........lol!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Right on! I look forward to a similar smack on the wrist from you when someone starts a thread on immigration, equalization, Quebec politics, car repair advice, employment searches, the CBC, and hockey.

Just recently some guy was writing about abscess teeth for goodness sake!
"Depending how far along it is, they may just drill it out (root canal). If its really bad, they'll pull it. Don't mess around though, its infected and could get REALLY bad if left untreated.

There is some stuff you can put on it to numb it a bit, but it doesn't work that well. I had one last year and just popped pain pills with antibiotics until the infection went away. Then it was root canal. "
Geezzzzzzzzzzzz
Touche!

I could understand a 12-15 year old with an obsession with Lady Gaga, but a 25 yrs old man obsessing about it on a hunting/fishing forum.... Even you gotta admit its a bit weird.

To each his own I suppose. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feewings.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Even you gotta admit its a bit weird.

:
LOL I find many things here weird.

oh, and nice reply.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Nice to have someone with a different opinion here. I don't like Gaga but some music i enjoy would not be enjoyable to others. Many telling him to quit posting his opinions on his interests. It is a "general discussion" that i thought was here to cover interests that are not part of the other category's. Musical taste is as fitting in this category as many of the other topics that are posted here. Look at some of the other topics, they are no closer to outdoors stuff than Gaga. We all listen to music and that's good enough for me. Over and over we tell someone to stop posting their thought's/beliefs. More apt would be to stop replying or just quit reading what is posted by the individual rather than knocking them. Last but not least if someone is really "grating" you use the ignore button rather than being so negative, way to much of that stuff on here.
X2...

.....don't read the general topics if you don't relate to them......don't reply to them for the same reasons.

By the way I think TOOL is a kikazz band....Ill post some links to their music....

LC
Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
X2...

By the way I think TOOL is a kikazz band....Ill post some links to their music....

LC
X2!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
X2...

.....don't read the general topics if you don't relate to them......don't reply to them for the same reasons.

LC
OH by the way...the videos are REALLY freaky.....so minimize the vids and listen to the music! The vids give me nightmares....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hii17sjSwfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QncIE_HD8_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3fsX...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG4...eature=related

Enjoy....some real music all played my real musicians....

LC
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM

"]['' {[ ]} {[ ]} '][_

lc