Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-16-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Beautiful Bull and no doubt it was well deserved for sure!

Totally agree with you It's my understanding that our Alberta Bio's had nothing to do with the Suffield hunt and the resulting Trophy Elk demise. The Suffield base is a federally controlled area and the Elk shoot was approved and conducted by the Feds with the aim of total Elk heard reduction on the Base. Mission accomlished ! Old news, I know, but lets put the blame burden where it rightfully belongs... on the Feds.(Department of Defence).
Same as getting rid of the horses and stocking the base with elk, I'm guessing it was more than just a decision by the DnD
Old 10-16-2020, 09:05 PM

Thumbs up Great Bull

The area east of PA has produced good bulls for years not saying that this one came from the area but its not surprising to see a bull like this coming from Sask ..... Great Bull
Old 10-16-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoretrout View Post
The area east of PA has produced good bulls for years not saying that this one came from the area but its not surprising to see a bull like this coming from Sask ..... Great Bull

Fort a la Corne?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
Beautiful Bull and no doubt it was well deserved for sure!

Totally agree with you It's my understanding that our Alberta Bio's had nothing to do with the Suffield hunt and the resulting Trophy Elk demise. The Suffield base is a federally controlled area and the Elk shoot was approved and conducted by the Feds with the aim of total Elk heard reduction on the Base. Mission accomlished ! Old news, I know, but lets put the blame burden where it rightfully belongs... on the Feds.(Department of Defence).
100% you can blame the bios
Why was there so few tags available for the zones just outside of the base prior to the need for an eradication?
Why not implement some sort of late season elk hunt to help the ranchers who’s feed was getting demolished?
A million things could have been done before it got to the point where it was at.
These are the same bios that botched the cwd and the antelope hunts
Yes the Feds were terrible When they were handling this
But other things could have been done
Old 10-17-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnoggin View Post

blair mitchell, who is a boone and crockett official measurer, completed the saskatchewan wildlife federation score sheet for the bull and the animal had a score of 421 5/8 gross for non-typical elk. Mitchell said afterwards that it was an “honour and privilege to put the tape on the largest wild bull elk i’ve ever laid my eyes on.” the animal has the largest mass of the 72 non-typical bulls in the henry kelsey record book. It will also be entered in the boone and crockett record book, under both typical and non-typical elk.

https://www.yorktonthisweek.com/reco...ark-1.24218451
beast!!!