Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-14-2020, 08:28 AM

Default 356 area black bear help

Hey AO,

This southern AB boy is looking for some help trying to narrow in on area to hunt black bear. Hiked the soles off my boots out west in the mountains with no luck so am throwing in that towel and going to take a couple of days to go north in hopes of finding something, I am determined. Don't have a quad just a truck. Am strongly considering poking around 356 area but I am open to pretty much anything. Any help/advise is greatly appreciated! Thnx folks
Old 10-14-2020, 08:36 AM

Find some farm land with oats still standing. OR if u cant find some farm land go to 349. Just north west of Whitecourt. You will see bears for sure. Plus general elk and Wt. there to.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:48 AM

356 is a great spot for bears but I'd be sure to bring all your other tags as I suspect the black bears have almost all gone into hibernation. You might get a few lingering around near their dens but I don't think they're roaming around for food as there's none left. It seems like by Early-Mid October they've all completely vanished. Was out last weekend in a great area for bear and didn't see any nor any sign. Any sign was over a week old.
If there's any berries still around they might pop by their as long as its near their den.
Good luck!
Old 10-14-2020, 09:13 AM

Default Head to wanham

Heyy head to wanham grazing pasture. Alot of blackbear in that area