Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
That information is provided in the link I posted under "Hunter Demographics".

NR Alien - 7.370

This would be the number of Hunting Licences sold to NR Aliens, not for specific big game tags.

----
We previously went over the issue of NRs hunting big game in Alberta and specifically for those in the draw. I provided detailed data for each individual species.

I'll have to dig up the data, but IIRC Less than 2% of draw licences are issued to NR Canadians Hunter hosted for the few draws they are eligible for.

People wouldn't believe how LOW the percentage of NR Canadians are in the draw, it wrecked their argument that this is any kind of a problem.

When the facts are known, it is hard to view a desire to eliminate NR Canadians as anything other than being greedy. Most Hunter Hosted licences go to Fathers, Sons, Daughters of Alberta residents... and people want to get rid of this?

Didn't yo Momma teach you to share at all?

Then there are those with a distorted understanding of what NR Hunter Hosts can apply for, such as 410 Sheep....
Marky Mark, you might want to review the Draw regulations.
As for non-resident aliens the only problem I have is when they're getting tags every year like for Antelope and moose but we have to wait years and years for, I was a guide for 20 years in Alberta and was always on the other side of the fence ,I have no problem with the hunter host as long as it's not abused .